Author Topic: JackieChan's Bayonet Melee Guide  (Read 10556 times)

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: JackieChan's Bayonet Melee Guide
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 02:10:08 pm »
great work  ;D

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 02:50:23 pm »
Great job Jackie, and good tips.

Two things: I don't believe it's possible in NW to chamber a normal bayonet stab with an overhead bayonet stab as suggested, and you mentioned when doing held rechambers not to hold for a short time or it will be rechambered like normal, but maybe add also not to hold it for too long or you are vulnerable to the enemy's intended rechamber stab.

Other than that, excellent melee guide.

Offline Godygamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Ex-84e,Ex-92nd,now 77y
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Cdt_Godygamer
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 03:12:32 pm »
Awesome melee guide Jackie luv  :-*
Banter

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 04:09:51 pm »
My God, Jackie, you must have a lot of time at hands for writing such a detailed guide  ;D Really good job, though you might add the kicks after chambering (a pretty useful tactic if the enemy is able to counterchamber and come close during the chambering).

Two things: I don't believe it's possible in NW to chamber a normal bayonet stab with an overhead bayonet stab as suggested, and you mentioned when doing held rechambers not to hold for a short time or it will be rechambered like normal, but maybe add also not to hold it for too long or you are vulnerable to the enemy's intended rechamber stab.

It is possible, indeed, but you have to point at the ground with the thip of your bayonet, so that your bayonet actually hits the enemy's bayonet.

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 06:00:29 pm »
It is possible, indeed, but you have to point at the ground with the thip of your bayonet, so that your bayonet actually hits the enemy's bayonet.

Oh, thanks, I'll give that a go.

Offline groenewoldr

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NotFamous
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 06:15:32 pm »
Wow! Really nice work! How long did it take you to make it?

#Stickythistopic2k13
I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. But I will find you, and I will troll you.

Offline [91st] Official

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 91st Regiment of Foot - Argyllshire Highlanders
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 06:45:55 pm »
Fantastic guide Jackie! Still don't understand as to why you're still a Pte!

He spend a lot of time in the regiment being a Colour-Serjeant and Serjeant-Major. He's a Private now because he's in the reserves as he moved to America.

Anyway, very nice guide Jackie.

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 06:48:04 pm »
This is brilliant, thankyou so much for the help, great guide :)

JackieChan

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 07:20:19 pm »

Thanks. :)

1. I do think you can chamber a stab with an overhead. I have done it a couple of times, though you could be right and I will check again. Could have been they simply bounced and I didn't actually chamber. :P
2. I do believe I actually explained that in the First-Chamber-Hold and didn't want to repeat myself so I said the Rechamber-Hold is basically the same and just emphasized the differences.
I also had an entire other section where I talk about how to hold and how not to hold, so I think it's covered. :)

Thanks for the tips though. ;)

Thanks to all of you for the compliments by the way. :D

JackieChan

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 07:23:49 pm »
My God, Jackie, you must have a lot of time at hands for writing such a detailed guide  ;D Really good job, though you might add the kicks after chambering (a pretty useful tactic if the enemy is able to counterchamber and come close during the chambering).

Good point. I forgot to explain exactly how to chamber a stab with an overhead. Will do that.

Also, the kick after a rechamber is not necessarily a big point but it is a usefull tip, so I will probably add it there. I hardly ever use it because I fail at it, which is why I didn't think of it, but I have seen people put it to good use like ClaSh, so it shouldn't be too hard to explain.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 07:41:10 pm »
My god... everything I've ever wanted to learn from the great Jackie. Now I am unstoppable lelele.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »
1.12 Analyze Opponents Patterns

The most important thing about dueling or fighting in general is analyzing your opponent, memorizing his patterns and then countering them and turning them into advantages for you. So if you notice your opponent spams a lot, just block one and then immediately attack or if your opponent holds a lot and long, attack from above and suddenly stabspam him or if your opponent chambers a lot, vary your holds or if he always moves forward aggressively when he attacks, kick him.

Always find an answer for the things your opponent does, using everything you know. Do not overuse anything but try to master or at least learn most of the aspects of the system in order to be able to use or counter them.

This helps a lot. Knowing what your enemy is going to do.

Nice Guide  ;) :D

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 10:50:24 pm »
Good guide, now when i become MLG Pro people will call me best NA instead of Worst NA.
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline BERT

• First Sergeant
  • Slut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bert
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 10:57:36 pm »
looks awesome