Author Topic: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!  (Read 105195 times)

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!
« Reply #600 on: July 24, 2013, 03:06:45 pm »
NW patch for non-Steam users given?

http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=download.aspx?type=5

Second dl server was farrr quicker for me.

8)
A Major Bastard

Offline cenzila

• Corporal
  • EU Head Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cenzii
« Reply #601 on: July 24, 2013, 03:15:36 pm »
On The note of servers

The servers will remain under the new FSE_Official... names for the time being, yet all ban-lists and such will be moved over!

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #602 on: July 24, 2013, 03:52:06 pm »
I am liking the look of the Bavarians fighting under the French and the Hussars. Both are nice surprises. Good work Admiral.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 24, 2013, 05:28:32 pm »
Those bavarians, so awesome....   ;D :D
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline DarthJezus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #604 on: July 24, 2013, 06:17:17 pm »
I have the Steam version and it wasn't updated, I tried exiting Steam and logging back in but nothing ever downloaded.
2.) Now you see a small popup, along the top there are several tabs, slide your gaze along until you find the one titled “BETAS”.
Also, I don't see the "BETAS" tab in my game's properties so I don't really know what to do.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 24, 2013, 07:13:56 pm »
DarthJesus I had the same issue. I reinstalled warband and it now works :)
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

Offline Sparrow1617

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 25, 2013, 07:05:40 pm »
Terrible patch... I was expecting much more from the naval side of things!

New ships should be destructible, and the new sailable schooner does not have gun ports, and the gun ports on the frigate is not scaled correctly... If guns are scaled to fit gun ports, there is no way to see the target. Why is the Frigate not sailable?

Where is the waves and the wind? and the sea spray? Sailors should be able to rig the sails for movement of the ship, we need marines up in the crow's nest, and we need the ship rolling over the waves! It's all so... unrealistic... Beautiful ship models though, but unrealistic!

I would have expected a ship that could be operated by a whole crew... Sailors to rig the sails for the appropriate wind, captains blaring orders to crew members and turning these lifeless beasts into a war machine, gunners loading and running out guns on the gun decks giving devastating broadsides to enemy ships and crew, Marine sharpshooters up in the crow's nest picking of enemy officers on deck. Grappling hooks for boarding animations. Multiple deck levels for bigger ships, and more ship models: Sloops, Schooners, Brigs, Frigates, Ship of the line etc...

Come on guys, the idea is there, but not quite there yet give our beloved Napoleonic wars something new and exciting! The new naval battles are extremely popular, but I fear it ain't going to last long... PLEASE be the first descent age of sail game!!!  :'(

Nice work on the new land units though! Very well done

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #607 on: July 25, 2013, 07:12:17 pm »

New ships should be destructible, and the new sailable schooner does not have gun ports, and the gun ports on the frigate is not scaled correctly... If guns are scaled to fit gun ports, there is no way to see the target. Why is the Frigate not sailable?

Where is the waves and the wind? and the sea spray? Sailors should be able to rig the sails for movement of the ship, we need marines up in the crow's nest, and we need the ship rolling over the waves! It's all so... unrealistic... Beautiful ship models though, but unrealistic!

I would have expected a ship that could be operated by a whole crew... Sailors to rig the sails for the appropriate wind, captains blaring orders to crew members and turning these lifeless beasts into a war machine, gunners loading and running out guns on the gun decks giving devastating broadsides to enemy ships and crew, Marine sharpshooters up in the crow's nest picking of enemy officers on deck. Grappling hooks for boarding animations. Multiple deck levels for bigger ships, and more ship models: Sloops, Schooners, Brigs, Frigates, Ship of the line etc...

Come on guys, the idea is there, but not quite there yet give our beloved Napoleonic wars something new and exciting! The new naval battles are extremely popular, but I fear it ain't going to last long... PLEASE be the first descent age of sail game!!!  :'(

Coding something like that for warband would be awesome but would take decades.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #608 on: July 25, 2013, 07:15:40 pm »

And you are an expert-MLG-Supreme coder who can do this?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 25, 2013, 07:21:45 pm »

As great as that would be, most of it is impossible with the Mount and Blade engine. Be thankful that we got what we got, cool boats, rebalancing and some cool units. The team has to focus on BCoF now, this is the last update for NW and it's pretty damn fine.

Offline Samurai134

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [9y]LG_Samurai
« Reply #610 on: July 26, 2013, 04:13:37 am »
Cool!!  ::) ::) ::) 8) 8) 8) ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D :D :D :D :) :) :) ;) ;)

Offline Sparrow1617

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 31, 2013, 09:21:32 am »

As great as that would be, most of it is impossible with the Mount and Blade engine. Be thankful that we got what we got, cool boats, rebalancing and some cool units. The team has to focus on BCoF now, this is the last update for NW and it's pretty damn fine.

True what you are saying about the engine, however this engine could handle cannons on the ships, without too much coding. Hell I think a modder would be able to do that. Look at this: http://m.pcgamer.com/2012/07/02/carribbean-is-a-pirate-rpg-from-the-makers-of-mount-blades-expansion this shows that in fact it is possible, maybe not all of what I mentioned but most of it to give the new naval system a bit more life. Anyway it still stays one of my favourite games, gg on that!