Author Topic: [WW2:Online] 16. Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 'Hüter Stettin'  (Read 4445 times)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
[WW2:Online] 16. Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 'Hüter Stettin'
« on: September 23, 2013, 09:01:45 pm »

About the Regiment

Historically

Throughout World War 2, the German Luftwaffe had a number of paratrooper divisions dubbed Fallschirmjäger (Fallschirm translating to parachute and jäger meaning hunter, denoting the units' light infantry status). Though these airborne divisions were nominally under Luftwaffe organization, with Luftwaffe ranks and personnel, the formations often fought with and under the command of German Heer commanders (regular army). These paratroop divisions performed exceptionally well, pulling off many sensitive missions throughout the war, until the costly Invasion of Crete, which was the last large-scale german air assault. From that time forward, the various airborne divisions were restricted to land warfare.

The 16th Airborne Regiment was organized with various other regiments as part of the 6. Fallschirmjäger-Division, which it fought with a small time. The regiment was eventually detached from its division and sent to fight on the Russian front, where it sustained heavy casualties and was dubbed with the term Fallschirm-Grenadier.

In-Game
     The 16. Fallschirmjäger-Regiment is a close-knit community that has been in formation through various game series for going on five years now. We have a unique combination of discipline in-game with lax community hierarchy. We aim to be as professional as possible within the Battleground: Europe community, while facilitating the enjoyment of the game amongst our community members.
A Machinegewehr team help defend a critical crossroads.

A standard infantry Gruppe covers a Pioneergruppe attempting to destroy a bridge.
Our Aim as a Unit

Our absolute goal as a unit can be summed up in one word: community. Above our efforts for professionalism, prestige, and victory is the community as a whole. We have been around as a community for almost five years now, through many names and many game series. Over this time, we have developed an almost familial bond, and we will allow nothing to break it. All individuals looking to join us, take note that we aren't looking for those who just want to play with us for a day or two every sporadic weekend. We expect out of all members the drive to build this community, to add something rather than to just take. With this in mind, we've built ourselves a strong foundation, and hope to build on it forevermore.

Secondly, we strive for our members to enjoy themselves. Yes, we have a ranking structure and certain ways of doing things in-game, but this all serves to meet our goal of have a serious yet fun playing environment. Nothing is in place to feed anyone's ego, nor to belittle newer members. Everything is in place to meet our goals as a community.
Ranking Structure
In this Division, we have a loose set of ranks. The tasks for these ranks can vary greatly, and any individual can be pulled to do any task. We do not tie down members to specific branches, though we do expect whatever the individual to be in during a mission to be proficient at it.

Offizere     Unteroffiziere     Mannshaften     
HauptmannFeldwebelOberjäger
Oberleutnant  UnteroffizerObergefreiter
LeutnantKorporalGefreiter
Jäger

Contact Information
Hauptmann Heinrich Könitzer (DaMonkey) - Forum Profile - Steam Profile
A German Destroyer lays ready to support an amphibious attack.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:36:24 am by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
16. Fallschirmjäger-Regiment Medals and Extras
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:02:14 pm »

Collection of Medals and Accolades

Medals Awarded by the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (OKW)
     These are medals that are awarded from the in-game High Command. There are many more than presented here, but the ones here are ones that at least one individual owns.

Battle of Bastogne Medal - Awarded to Axis players who took part in the first 'Bloody Battles' intermission scenario.

Regiment Medals
     These are medals awarded to members by the Regiment leadership itself. These medals can also be awarded to non-members if the situation warrants.

Iron Cross - Awarded to individuals who go exceedingly beyond the call of duty. These are regimental Iron Crosses, and shouldn't be confused with Iron Crosses issued by High Command (which usually come in a specified class).
Silver Cross - Awarded to individuals who go beyond the call of duty.
Bronze Cross - Awarded to individuals who go beyond the call of duty.
Distinguished Service Medal - Awarded to individuals who have served above and beyond on many occasions.
Panzerjäger Medal - Awarded to individuals who have excelled at taking out enemy armor crucial to accomplishing a mission.
Sturmfallschirmjäger Medal - Awarded to individuals who participated in crucial airborne operations.
Marine Sturmtruppen Medal - Awarded to individuals who have participated in a minor amphibious combat action.
Elite Marine Sturmtruppen Medal - Awarded to individuals who have either participated in a major amphibious combat action, or excelled in a minor one.

Campaign Medals
     Campaign medals are awarded to all individuals who have participated in a campaign. Horizontal red stripes on these ribbons indicate either an award given to the Division, or a campaign where the Division performed spectacularly. Only campaigns the Division has served in fully are on here. For campaigns numbers 100 and above, the ribbon will have two golden lines, with a Roman Numeral indicating the last two digits of the campaign number. These ribbons used to be given by OKW (High Command), but as they have seemed to discontinue, they are now considered division ribbons.

Campaign Medals: 93*, 100*, 101, 113, 120
* indicating distinguished campaign service
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:58:27 am by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
16. Fallschirmjäger-Regiment Medal Recipients
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 04:32:43 pm »
Reserved
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:39:08 am by DaMonkey »

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [WW2Online]16. Marineinfanterie-Division
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 09:05:56 am »
gib me kraut, kraut.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
Re: [WW2:Online] 16. Marineinfanterie-Division
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 09:06:51 am »
Have all the sauerkraut you want!

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anonymous
Re: [WW2:Online] 16. Marineinfanterie-Division 'Hüter Stettin'
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 12:07:18 pm »
What game is this? Seems fun to play
Developer of NordInvasion. Hi mum.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 12:26:32 pm »
It's "Battleground: Europe", also known as World War 2 Online. It's a great game, though a little dated. It's had a resurgence in player counts and they've also had a very successful crowdfunding campaign, which means they'll probably be adding and updating a ton of stuff soon.

This is a pretty old video, and since this was recorded the game has had overhauled models and textures for a lot of things, but the video is pretty interesting combat-wise.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYsln6kMpIQ[/youtube]

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 12:40:39 pm »
Ah I remember this game now, I used to play this lmao, It the game with real time campaign map
Developer of NordInvasion. Hi mum.

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 01:44:59 pm »
Fancy.

Can I join?

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 01:49:43 pm »
Aww yeh, Matrosen!

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 02:53:36 pm »
Bump ;)
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 01:08:15 am »
Wooh, Shadow!

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 01:35:05 am »
Twitch

Urge... to join... risiiiiing.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 07:52:33 am »
It's quite the temptation.

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 12:28:43 am »
I believe this thread should be bumped, Herr Kaleun.
(Not that it really needs it, but whatever.)