Author Topic: Banned for spread line infantry?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Goadie

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Banned for spread line infantry?
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:30:53 pm »
I was banned by an admin within seconds of receiving a statement from him to not spread line infantry. I did not know that was a rule for the server. Instead of providing me with time to reform I charged the infantry and was banned instantly. I understand there are rules for line engagement but it was a line charge not a skirmish. I felt the admin reacted poorly in this decision to ban me and not provide a warning other than stating the rules. In my opinion this server does a very poor job of encouraging a friendly community experience and play the game with. Instead it appears that immature decisions are allowed to be made by admins who make extremely imprudent decisions to ban individuals without providing fair warning of the rules to new players and do not promote a friendly gaming experience on this server. Very sad experience playing with EU commander in this game. Any forum admins who read this should really consider who it is they are giving admin permissions to because the community is already small enough on mount and blade.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Banned for spread line infantry?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 07:44:09 pm »
If the server has a thread here under the Servers board, you may want to post your comment there instead of the General Discussion board.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 10:32:53 pm »
forum moderators do not choose who gets to admin on any said server.*  the various servers you see are owned by various private owners.  Those owners can do whatever they want on their server including appointing their own admins.  if they want to ban you because you had the wrong hat, that is their prerogative even if it isn't right. 

*I am a forum moderator for these forums but I am also the senior admin for the official servers.  As i pretty much run what is left of the official servers, i get to decide who gets admin or not on those servers only.  Which at this point is just NW_Official_NA1.  The other forum moderators who are not members of the server admin staff do not get a say in who becomes an admin or not.(or rather, no more of a say than any other common person out there.  They do not get to vote with the server admin staff)   the server owner Vincenzo can at any time remove admins or do what he wants to the server. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Bashy

• Colonel
  • Welsh
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 12:30:49 pm »
The admins in this community are incredibly lost and have continued their panic for many months. Don't bother
"time flys like anything these days when old friends start to become faint memories in back of our heads" - Hairywarhero