Author Topic: NA Representative Thread (April to May) - Mack Takeover  (Read 12021 times)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
NA Representative Thread (April to May) - Mack Takeover
« on: March 02, 2016, 08:10:35 pm »
It's been a pleasure serving as NA community rep for the past two months. Whilst I was rather unfortunately occupied by exams and unexpected circumstances over the last few weeks, I feel like we did accomplish something of value and that it is certainly worth continuing with the position. In this regard, I wholeheartedly trust Mack to continue where I left off in striving to make this community a better place and prepare it for BCoF.

Thanks go out to Duuring for bringing back the CR position as well as to all of you that participated in my efforts and gave input into the future of the community.

I'll still be active on the forum and in game of course so I'll see you all around.

Regards,
Junedragon - Now with no sexy blue name  :'(

Past Updates:

Update 1

Update 1

Its been about half a week since the result of the runoff election was revealed on the 28th of March. As I stated in my platform/pre-election promises, I intend on avoiding unilateral action pretty much altogether. As such, I have decided to dedicate the majority of the first and second weeks in this position to preliminary discussion and brainstorming with the community. I have also taken the time to get to know and begin engaging members who have better knowledge/experience of unique sections of the community (eg. modding). To this end, I also created a thread for discussion on the state of the competitive community (which has yielded some interesting suggestions so far). If you have not seen/participated in this thread or responded to the included survey, I'd recommend checking it out now:

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=29437.0

Forum Rule Reform

This week, I have also put into motion my plan to create a report on suggested changes/reforms to the forum rules. The plan, as it stands, involves going over forum rules/policies with a small group gathered from around the community, then passing on any suggestions yielded to the community at large for general discussion before final organization into a cohesive report. The process of contacting members has already begun, and several have already accepted the invitation to participate.

If you have not yet been contacted but would like to participate, send me a pm by Friday. To apply, you must have a minimum rank of Sergeant on the forum. Also note that the group is to be kept at a small number (no more than 5-10 max), acceptance/selection is by no means whatsoever guaranteed (and there is no offence intended if you are not picked  :P ).

If you have been contacted and have not yet replied, RSVP ASAP - if you do not respond by Friday, it will be assumed that you are not interested in taking part.

Other Happenings

I took Grimsight's comment that the Community Reps should be as accessible as possible (via a variety of channels) to heart. As such, in addition to forum pm's and steam, I have created a Community Rep Teamspeak server (address below). Feel free to contact me with any concerns, criticisms, or suggestions via any method at any time (I am usually available on at least one).

Teamspeak Address: tor7.progamerhosting.com:9015
My steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027183015

That's pretty much it for now. Look out for new surveys, discussions, and the likes as I continue in my attempts to engage the collective community toward the improvement of its current state.

-Junedragon

[close]

Updates 2-3 + extras
Welcome to the second weekly update from the NA Community Representative.

As I have explained at length, my primary goal over the next few months is to engage the community as frequently as possible and to affect as much meaningful change as possible to its collective benefit. This thread is a logical extension of that goal.

Here, I will post weekly updates pertaining to the tasks I am currently undertaking in the role of Community Rep. I encourage you all to discuss any and all progress and decisions being made, voicing any concerns, criticisms, and/or suggestions you may have. I intend to keep everyone up to date on all matters.

Update 2

Community Discussion

Its been about 2 weeks since the result of the runoff election was revealed on the 28th of March. Over the last week, constructive discussion on the "State of the Competitive Community" thread I started last week has yielded (thanks to the commitment and effort of several individuals) several promising ideas, particularly those for new events. Concrete plans are currently being discussed and put into place to make these events a reality.

These events include:

• A public NA_1 Linebattle
  • A public conquest event - brought to you by Siwi
  • A casual 1v1 group/league - WIP brought to you by yours truly

Forum Rule Reform

Recall from the last update:

This week, I have also put into motion my plan to create a report on suggested changes/reforms to the forum rules. The plan, as it stands, involves going over forum rules/policies with a small group gathered from around the community, then passing on any suggestions yielded to the community at large for general discussion before final organization into a cohesive report. 

The group has essentially been finalized - if you were contacted and have not replied or still would like to be a part of it, contact me via PM and I will consider it.

The discussion will begin at some point in the next week.

NA Regiment Leaders' Group

On the advice of Becker and other considerations (namely the incident with the NANWL/NANANWL, which I must add - to their credit - was resolved rather successfully in the end thanks to the members involved) I have decided to put together a group of NA regiment leaders. This group is intended to serve the dual purpose of:

A) Resolving disputes/incidents as they occur
B) Discussing issues surrounding the NA community

If you are a leader and have not yet been added to the Steam group, add Junedragon on Steam. Also check your invites first to make sure you haven't missed it.

If you are a leader and are unwilling or unable (time constraints, etc.) to participate, you may pick someone in your regiment to represent it on your behalf. Additionally, leaders may choose to add 1 other person from their regiment (eg. your second-in-command) to the group). They will not have the same role as leaders but will be able to participate.

That's pretty much it for now. Look out for new surveys, discussions, and the likes as I continue in my attempts to engage the collective community toward the improvement of its current state.

-Junedragon

[close]

Contact your Representative

Feel free to contact me with any concerns, criticisms, or suggestions via any method at any time (I am usually available on at least one).

Teamspeak Address: tor7.progamerhosting.com:9015
My steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027183015
Via forum message - just click the chat bubble beside my name
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:23:32 pm by junedragon »
Why am I still here

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA Representative Thread - Update 1
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 08:26:25 pm »
Ur not even best CA m8 pls

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 08:32:08 pm »
Who is best CA? BillTheButcher?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:41:20 pm »
Really like the weekly updates! Keep it up!
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:32:43 pm »
can you be EU CR aswell ? :(
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 10:03:55 pm »
Welcome to the Battle Cry of Freedom NA Community Rep Devblog

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 05:58:52 am »
+1 rep
click here to join the 84th

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 08:56:39 am »

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 11:02:49 am »
Here are the current forum rules for those who are thinking about applying for the forum rule reform think tank that June is putting together: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2713.0

Use this list to make edits, see what's currently on there, etc.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 12:42:11 pm »
Remove the popcorn postning rule, we need more banter.  ;)

Actually drop all rules pls.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:50:25 pm by Furrnox »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 01:02:55 pm »

get out of here you dirty EU! Go talk to the EU rep about your problems
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 01:12:42 pm »

These forum rules would also be effecting the EU side as well, cause y'know... they're on the forums too..

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 05:07:19 pm »
They might only be enforced NA side

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 05:13:15 pm »

These forum rules would also be effecting the EU side as well, cause y'know... they're on the forums too..

It is a collaborative effort.
Why am I still here

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 05:18:57 pm »
I just noticed that the EUs voted for someone who misspelled great