Poll

Do you want to bring back the position of Forum Representative?

Yes
53 (59.6%)
No.
22 (24.7%)
Indifferent.
14 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Community Representative/Manager  (Read 23574 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Community Representative/Manager
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 04:27:02 pm »
Not sure if this is 'Banter' between the two of you but it's completely evident as of late that the Moderation and Administration team have taken a sort of break when it comes to actually moderating these forums.
The main amount of problems that initially arise is the lack of effort that does get put in place when any said individuals are actually moderating at any given time; yes I personally have been a reckless youth and recieved warning points justly, but there have been many times when I have been muted and the such for next to nothing. (Yes if the admins don't like me they can do what they want ok.)

The only way to fix what the current problems may be is by actually having the Adminitration team and Moderation team do their job correctly and not palm them off to some "Community Manager" because I know for one that it's most likely something thats going to be neglected, abused and possibly used for the wrong reasons entirely.

I can't force moderators to be active. I can fire and replace them, but finding new moderators who will eventually also become inactive is a lot of work for no gain. I can't become more active myself; I already spend hours a good time of the day in Forum Management. This isn't a job, and you have to remember that moderators are here to en-force the rules, not to please the community. You telling us to "to our job correctly" pisses me off, because the very fact that you say that means you have no idea how much work, effort and time being an unpaid moderator costs.

@Marks, do expand on 'The mod team needs to be wiped clean'. Please, do share who you would replace, why, and who would become (head) moderator instead. Because just pointing at problems doesn't improve shit.

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
  • Side: Confederacy
Community Representative/Manager
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 04:35:27 pm »
Not sure if this is 'Banter' between the two of you but it's completely evident as of late that the Moderation and Administration team have taken a sort of break when it comes to actually moderating these forums.
The main amount of problems that initially arise is the lack of effort that does get put in place when any said individuals are actually moderating at any given time; yes I personally have been a reckless youth and recieved warning points justly, but there have been many times when I have been muted and the such for next to nothing. (Yes if the admins don't like me they can do what they want ok.)

The only way to fix what the current problems may be is by actually having the Adminitration team and Moderation team do their job correctly and not palm them off to some "Community Manager" because I know for one that it's most likely something thats going to be neglected, abused and possibly used for the wrong reasons entirely.

I can't force moderators to be active. I can fire and replace them, but finding new moderators who will eventually also become inactive is a lot of work for no gain. I can't become more active myself; I already spend hours a good time of the day in Forum Management. This isn't a job, and you have to remember that moderators are here to en-force the rules, not to please the community. You telling us to "to our job correctly" pisses me off, because the very fact that you say that means you have no idea how much work, effort and time being an unpaid moderator costs.

@Marks, do expand on 'The mod team needs to be wiped clean'. Please, do share who you would replace, why, and who would become (head) moderator instead. Because just pointing at problems doesn't improve shit.

I mean why not handle it like a job, resume and all... If people believe they are qualified they should prove it. I'm not talking job history, but history along the lines of past administrations in detail and proof of it.

To add onto that, once a group of maybe 5 qualified candidates are selected by the administration, they are to be voted on by a committee of 30 or so players that represent the community in their respective ways. (Based on regiment size and activity) the vote being based on majority not unanimous.

The best way to moderate the community as a whole is to make decisions together. These can't be left to a single person, it can only be guided.

Personally I believe it's time to clean up this cancer of a community all together. The simple fact that we cannot get the NA side to get together and run a fair and competitive league due to large egos and power trips on a game the essentially means nothing is beginning to piss me off.
This community needs a chain of command with sufficient representation on more than one level. No one person should have absolute power over anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:45:51 pm by Becker- »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 04:52:26 pm »
Marks is completely right in the sense that there are no mods that are actively participating in regiments and have a standing in the community. Karth was a good pick as he had a standing in both community's.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 04:55:13 pm »
I'd like to point out that we recruit moderators trough open applications. If people who are active in the community don't come forward, we can't do shit.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 04:56:29 pm »
I'd like to point out that we recruit moderators trough open applications. If people who are active in the community don't come forward, we can't do shit.
I never knew that...
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2016, 05:39:03 pm »

I'm more than aware that what you do is not a job, it's neither a hobby, it's sort of a Dark Knight deal; we don't deserve you but need you

But on the statement of "Doing you job correctly" the initial reason I brought it up was stated in my first post, it wasn't specifically directed towards any said individuals but there are a few who could or could have taken what I said with literal meaning.

I'm more than aware how much work maintaining a community like this would take, and I can say it's no small feat. When I ask for the Moderators and Admins to be more interactive yes it may mean you have to find new ones who will be willing to join the team, possibly broaden your horizons. All I ask is for the staff to maintain an active role within the community in which THEY have created. I'm aware that you can't make them be active, and I also understand them being inactive makes your life a lot harder but surely taking a risk by promoting one or two more NA/EU moderators to actually help you will benefit in the long run.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2016, 05:42:51 pm »
I think it's a good idea, you should probably have one for NA and one for EU though.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2016, 06:00:04 pm »
Seems pointless to me. The idea never really worked out in the past.

*And theres only like ~80 active users on this forum anyway
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:03:24 pm by Dom13WorstNW »

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anonymous
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2016, 06:08:58 pm »
Im in.
Developer of NordInvasion. Hi mum.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2016, 06:14:42 pm »
Instead of the community rep/manager idea, just employ more admins on each section. For example, 2 (1 EU, 1 NA) on the BCoF and NW boards, and perhaps 4 (2 EU, 2 NA) on The Lounge boards since that board is more active.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2016, 07:24:14 pm »
Seems pointless to me. The idea never really worked out in the past.

*And theres only like ~80 active users on this forum anyway

Please. We got a hundred new members in the first week of January only. Highest number of people online at the same day gets around 300-350 plus like a thousand posts, every single day.

I'm considering making a small survey to get a better insight on what members actually want on this forum and whether we actually have a problem. But I'm still waiting for the brilliant solution Marks is about to write.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2016, 08:56:32 pm »
I actually agree with Marks, especially for the NA side. Currently, we have one semi active moderator who is familiar with regiments and the NA community. Sorry Duuring, but so far you haven't really done anything to interact with the NA side, apart from some political adminning. Someone like Karth, who was familiar with the community, was a good pick. If we go on the current path, NA will probably go un moderated, cause most of the actual mods are EU.
Anyways, why not remove Malakith? When was the last time he actually did anything useful?
I remember a few months ago you made Zzehth a junior moderator. Now, he seems to be rather inactive, so that's probably a no go, but that was a good step.
So, my solution, for the NA side, would be to open up applications for moderator on the Events and Regiments boards. I'm sure the NA side would gladly make recommendations, and we seem pretty good at discussion, so try us.
Or, just continue with your current moderation set up, and disconnect with the NA side of things entirely. That's certainly an option.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 09:04:37 pm »
I very much like this idea.

But yes, there should be one for each side of the community (EU and NA).
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2016, 10:47:02 pm »

1.@Marks, do expand on 'The mod team needs to be wiped clean'. 2.Please, do share who you would replace, 3.why, 4. and who would become (head) moderator instead. Because just pointing at problems doesn't improve shit.

1 - The current mod team is inactive and busy till the foreseeable why wouldn't you replace them?

2 - I would replace all non active mods (within 2 months) and I would replace the Head with someone more involved with the community on which this forum is here for!.

3 - Answered in 1.

4 - Someone who is involved, leave it down to a vote of the forum owners and current/newly added mods. Get 6 mods 1 becomes head. (if they want it)

Quote this into a mini pyramid to reply as there's lots of inconsistency.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2016, 10:53:37 pm »

1.@Marks, do expand on 'The mod team needs to be wiped clean'. 2.Please, do share who you would replace, 3.why, 4. and who would become (head) moderator instead. Because just pointing at problems doesn't improve shit.

1 - The current mod team is inactive and busy till the foreseeable why wouldn't you replace them?

2 - I would replace all non active mods (within 2 months) and I would replace the Head with someone more involved with the community on which this forum is here for!.

3 - Answered in 1.

4 - Someone who is involved, leave it down to a vote of the forum owners and current/newly added mods. Get 6 mods 1 becomes head. (if they want it)

+1 billion. The mod team is shocking and needs a damn revamp