Poll

Do you want to bring back the position of Forum Representative?

Yes
53 (59.6%)
No.
22 (24.7%)
Indifferent.
14 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Community Representative/Manager  (Read 23569 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Community Representative/Manager
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 11:20:30 am »
Basically I want someone who is on the moderating team but doesn't issue punishments, and, because they're elected and not picked, they hopefully have a stronger initiative to stay active.

I can understand the wish for an NA and an EU CR, but there's really no way to make sure NA's don't vote in EU elections and the other way around.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 11:21:58 am »
I think having them back would be good, at the same time the community is only getting smaller these days is it really needed?
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 11:25:01 am »
We're not that inactive, most people just stay around on the Regimental/Event board.

BCoF will release at some stage of course, and the Beta before that,  and God help us then if we test this now, we now how and whether it will work, before the influx of new players

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 11:30:38 am »
I meant more the NW community itself, obviously it depends on how you look at it but I doubt BCoF when its released will get the same kind of promotion and publicity that WoR is already getting. So I don't see a huuge amount of new players.

Go for it though I'm sure there's alot more for than against this ^

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 11:40:51 am »
One small difference between WoR and FSE is that FSE already has an active player base. Plus, we're in Alpha.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 11:44:26 am »
That is true.

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 11:46:52 am »
as long as he/she isn't as biased as every other mod thats stepped down

(I'm aware the CM isn't a mod)

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 12:57:40 pm »
Sounds like a pretty good idea, but I do agree with the seperate NA and EU moderators.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 01:20:37 pm »
The mod team needs to be wiped clean with people who currently play the game as well as take part in the forums ACTIVELY otherwise you will always have this disconnect and a CR,CM wont change that. Pouring this work load onto someone else Duuring isn't fair it should be stretched over all staff that are currently online to help the community. The forums have always had disconnected admins because they seem the better options to trolls (as you call them) though I was considered a troll and did pretty well to the point you made me a full mod within a month and suggest your only active mod "shadow". I suggest FSE actually start giving a shit about the forums again and do something positive for a change I bet you the level of trolling, spamming and insulting would decrease.

Disconnected admins to date.

- Duuring
- Malakith
- Seanbean

What do I mean by disconnected?

Doesn't evolve themselves in the game compared to other candidates. Malakith used NW for profit (youtube), Sean got the job because he was a moderator somewhere else.

I suggest a system of 3 EU mods, 3 NA mods with 1 head.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 01:23:51 pm »
Very good point.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 01:36:39 pm »
Simply put admins in the boards which are active. Say, one moderator in the Forum Games board, and 2 in the Mess Hall, and 0 in boards that aren't active, like General Discussion or Historical Discussion.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 01:45:40 pm »
The mod team needs to be wiped clean with people who currently play the game as well as take part in the forums ACTIVELY otherwise you will always have this disconnect and a CR,CM wont change that. Pouring this work load onto someone else Duuring isn't fair it should be stretched over all staff that are currently online to help the community. The forums have always had disconnected admins because they seem the better options to trolls (as you call them) though I was considered a troll and did pretty well to the point you made me a full mod within a month and suggest your only active mod "shadow". I suggest FSE actually start giving a shit about the forums again and do something positive for a change I bet you the level of trolling, spamming and insulting would decrease.

- Duuring
- Malakith
- Seanbean

Doesn't evolve themselves in the game compared to other candidates. Malakith used NW for profit (youtube), Sean got the job because he was a moderator somewhere else.

No.

Offline Stark99

• Major
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/groups/allagainst63econspiracy#
  • Nick: [3DM] Stark [79th]
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 02:04:16 pm »

- Duuring
- Malakith
- Seanbean

+1
Stark. For being a supporter of the IRA I will not permit you to take part in any forum games I GM.
DOWN WITH DUURING

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 02:57:09 pm »

- Duuring
- Malakith
- Seanbean

No.

Not sure if this is 'Banter' between the two of you but it's completely evident as of late that the Moderation and Administration team have taken a sort of break when it comes to actually moderating these forums.
The main amount of problems that initially arise is the lack of effort that does get put in place when any said individuals are actually moderating at any given time; yes I personally have been a reckless youth and recieved warning points justly, but there have been many times when I have been muted and the such for next to nothing. (Yes if the admins don't like me they can do what they want ok.)

The only way to fix what the current problems may be is by actually having the Adminitration team and Moderation team do their job correctly and not palm them off to some "Community Manager" because I know for one that it's most likely something thats going to be neglected, abused and possibly used for the wrong reasons entirely.

You don't need more 'Staff'. You need YOUR staff to do their jobs and interact with the community more.

tl;dr - It's like a babysitter hiring another babysitter.

I'm also not opposed to the idea. We'll see how it goes.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:08:39 pm by Michael Sparks »

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 03:12:18 pm »
I like the idea, but in order for the rep to be taken seriously you need a reason for regiments to follow the guidance of the Rep. Without something to lose there isn't any reason a regimental leader will actually listen.

That being said, an OFFICIAL (FSE Endorsed)  competitive rule set/ governing league that came with some sort of incentive or mutual gain to be a part of would allow this.

But without something for the community to lose the rep will be shrugged off and laughed at like Officer Farva

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk