Poll

Do you want to bring back the position of Forum Representative?

Yes
53 (59.6%)
No.
22 (24.7%)
Indifferent.
14 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Community Representative/Manager  (Read 23575 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Community Representative/Manager
« on: February 15, 2016, 01:33:20 am »
Hello all,

As the more veteran members of this forum might remember, we used to have ten Community Representatives on this forum to, as the name suggests, represent the interest of the community on this forum. This project, however, was terminated a few months after its start. But now I am considering bringing back the position, in a reworked form. Below you'll find my current suggestion, but please share your views. That's what it's all about, after all.

What's this?

In the recent past members have mentioned that they feel moderators are not active enough in the community. Part of this problem is that we actively try to avoid recruiting moderators who are very active in a certain regiment, because this led to biased moderating in the past. But I must admit that this also creates some distance between the mods and the community. Having a Community Representative might help close the distance. They are directly elected by the community and therefor will be more inclined to stay (pro-)active in that community. This will also allow our small team of moderators to focus on moderating and enforcing the forum rules, which is what they are here for.

What will be different?

Instead of ten, we'll only have one. We might have two, but for the test, let's say just one. Also, one major difference is that we will not allow everyone to vote. Only forum members with a certain rank (I'm thinking sergeant at the moment, but that might be changed) will be allowed to register as voter and cast a vote. This makes sure that no-one will be elected with the votes of quickly registered accounts of friend of fellow regiment-members, as happened in the past.

What will they do?

The Community Representative will solve issues that exist within the community, such as regimental quarrels, forum suggestions or problems and pretty much everything you'd like to discuss with someone of authority. The CR will discuss this with me, and will be allowed entry into the Global Forum Administration to share his views on subjects raised there (including bans and unbans of members). They will get their own little subboard where people can contact them and the CR may raise issues to be discussed. Basically, the CR will represent the interests of our forum members.

How will they be elected?

2-round Majority vote, meaning that if no-one manages to win 50% of the votes in the first round, the two with the highest vote will have a run-off. I think the term will be two months, with no term limits.

Please share your thoughts.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:47:38 pm by Duuring »

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
Re: Community Representative/Manager
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 01:38:50 am »
Instead of naming it "Community Representative," why not name it "Community Support?" That fits the job role better.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 01:42:31 am »
I'm all for a new name. The old position was called Community Representative, which is why I used that name. Community Manager might actually be even more accurate.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 02:22:26 am »
Im game

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 03:10:12 am »
Nothing really ever came out of community Rep's the last 2 times we've tried this... I'm indifferent really.

Offline ImperialG

• First Lieutenant
  • crispy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 03:17:12 am »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:22:23 am by Imperialist »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 03:39:26 am »
I'd be down honestly. However, can't really trust someone from NA to do it, imo.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 03:42:51 am »
I'd be down honestly. However, can't really trust someone from NA to do it, imo.
I disagree, and I recommend separate EU and NA representatives, as the communities are completely split in where they use their time on the forum

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 04:18:34 am »
I disagree, and I recommend separate EU and NA representatives, as the communities are completely split in where they use their time on the forum
The only person I can name in NA right now who wouldn't be biased is Shadow. Apart from that, everyone else is either inactive or wouldn't be a good decision maker.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 04:33:18 am »
The only person I can name in NA right now who wouldn't be biased is Shadow. Apart from that, everyone else is either inactive or wouldn't be a good decision maker.
Ok
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 04:59:41 am »
I remember them being there, although I don't really remember who they were...
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 05:37:57 am »
I remember them being there, although I don't really remember who they were...
wasn't Spearing one of them?

Anyways, I think this would be a good idea

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 05:39:15 am »
Spearing? Dont even recall that name lol
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 05:43:07 am »
Spearing? Dont even recall that name lol
he was in the 24th (years and years ago) idk maybe he wasn't
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=411

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 05:47:19 am »
this would be a good idea to implement, and i do agree with Grim about EU and NA representatives, would be logical. Dan's idea of a new name would also be cool too.
click here to join the 84th