Poll

Yes or no to Armies?

Yes
38 (57.6%)
No
28 (42.4%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Army debate, ya or nay? - #Armygate  (Read 6148 times)

Offline Hebi_Kotei

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Army debate, ya or nay? - #Armygate
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 05:17:49 pm »
Armies have their good and bad points. For a long time in the North and South community armies have been able to keep the mod alive as long as it could be, the reason for this is that they ensure that a stable player base can be handled in an efficient manor also when it comes to events it also ensures that people will go the the event in the way that people can still play and enjoy themselves as there are people to play against. A lot of people also do enjoy the RP that the armies can provide, this includes the fact that there is higher command included allowing people to make complex plans which could be efficient in the way that the battle is played out which can only be achieved through brigade and corps command.

However, if the armies work the same way as they are in North & South, they leave little to no room for independent regiments, they also can split up and certain armies can go into isolation in the community like the UA and DA, reminding you of the fact that the situation used to be a lot worse than it is now and when it comes to barring independent regiments the right to join events hosted by an army, personally, ban those people.

Personally, I would like there to be armies in Whigs and Tories, however, I would not like to see them turn out to be the same way we see in other mods.

Thats the catch. As soon as an army is made any dev input can be ignored.

The developer input should not be ignored, but that's the way people have been acting in other mods when it comes to their armies, armies should provide the developer with ideas and constructive criticism and in return listen to what the developer has to say as well, and as far as 'monopolising' armies come, I disagree with that entirely.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:20:29 pm by Hebi_Kotei »

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 05:19:38 pm »
Hence this thread, to work a solution spit ball etc. If the devs like it (we'll hold a meeting) then we work from it. As it stands i'm still at a firm no.

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 05:38:36 pm »
What others said, armies have pros and cons. They can be organized, mean they can make/hold events, keep making the regiments coming to event therefore making the community active. However it has cons if the armies won't allow other regiments to participate in particular event only if there in the army, and other examples like that. I honestly see no army is needed, but it doesn't have to be banned either I think. As far as I know the only Army in the American side was the Continental Army, other regiments were without armies, now probably the british had a few armies. But yea will see what others think and what'll happen!
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 06:09:58 pm »
I understand the pros and cons of armies, I was a member of one in NaS, but I have mixed feelings about it. It does keep a community alive, like the UA and DA have done for NaS, but it also can create drama within the community. That causes the community to split. I'm all for armies, but as long as no drama starts.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 06:27:43 pm »
If the WaT community was bigger I would vote no because of the cons.
But since it's such a small community it needs to be more tied together to survive imo.
Therefor I voted yes.

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 06:45:11 pm »
I understand the pros and cons of armies, I was a member of one in NaS, but I have mixed feelings about it. It does keep a community alive, like the UA and DA have done for NaS, but it also can create drama within the community. That causes the community to split. I'm all for armies, but as long as no drama starts.

How do we go about stopping it?

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 07:21:36 pm »
IMO armies have good and bad options. I dont think ruling it out is a good idea i think a community should be fully entitled to running the way it deems best for their game, after all the community makes the game. I dont believe however that an Army should be allowed to control all events, i feel they should have their own events with others being made too for more unrestricted regiments. On top of that i think it depends how the Army is run, with a mod like this an Army early on wont cause issues. If its run bad regiments can just not join it and still join other events. To Conclude id say they should be allowed and to let the Community deal with it in their way, people dont like it they dont join but for the regiments who want to play in that type of realistic area or with more people then sure why not give them that chance.

Offline Kammin

• Captain
  • That's a paddling
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kammin
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 09:56:43 pm »
So from what I can gather here, the main concern is armies stopping non-army regiments from joining events. Well that's where the dev team could step in to prevent such from happening, or perhaps community admins?

Offline Viriathus

• Major
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Nick: RI23_Cpt_Viriathus
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 11:28:35 pm »
But if the Armies get more powerful in the commnity then those admins can't do anything...

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 11:42:27 pm »
So from what I can gather here, the main concern is armies stopping non-army regiments from joining events. Well that's where the dev team could step in to prevent such from happening, or perhaps community admins?

How on earth would we be able to do that? Hi I see your event is full please remove some of your army members for these people, effort. Consider the Dev team as nothing more than makers of the mod, we aren't here to make everything for you.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 12:10:17 am »
nah

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Kammin

• Captain
  • That's a paddling
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kammin
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 12:22:41 am »
[qoute]How on earth would we be able to do that? Hi I see your event is full please remove some of your army members for these people, effort. Consider the Dev team as nothing more than makers of the mod, we aren't here to make everything for you.
[/quote]

I know that! You just seemed to want to be involved, that's a way you can be involved and maintain some control. If I was to view you as nothing more then the creator of the mod, we'd already have at least one army xD
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:25:02 am by Kammin »

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 12:34:51 am »
How on earth would we be able to do that? Hi I see your event is full please remove some of your army members for these people, effort. Consider the Dev team as nothing more than makers of the mod, we aren't here to make everything for you.

I know that! You just seemed to want to be involved, that's a way you can be involved and maintain some control. If I was to view you as nothing more then the creator of the mod, we'd already have at least one army xD

we can make rules, we dont need to host events for you too. As we said no time. We've left the off event server open for people to host from tho, we wont deny the community that. Devs aren't the answer in terms of controlling everything like a regiment leader best we can do is insist from a far, if they listen who knows.

Offline Johann

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 04:40:25 am »
I honestly see no harm in armies as long as there are still events hosted by the developers, for example when I created the NaS clan for the 5teHK I had to join the DA because we wanted to attend the Saturday LB. But if the developers hosted official events then I don't think the armies could monopolise the community as much as the DA and UB are monopolising NaS.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2015, 09:18:56 am »
You cannot stop them - the army desire is real. We all want enslavure. Let us embrace all the new Brg. Gens.