Poll

Yes or no to Armies?

Yes
38 (57.6%)
No
28 (42.4%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Army debate, ya or nay? - #Armygate  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Army debate, ya or nay? - #Armygate
« on: September 28, 2015, 12:50:14 pm »
Conclusion

-Armies
Those who want them, do as you like. I insist you allow people to attend your events even if they aren't part of the Army.

-Non Armies
The WaT Public TS will be live forever + it's event server, feel free to use them and host from them.

/locked, vote was very close.

Yes - 38 (58%)
No - 27 (41.5%)

READ BEFORE POSTING

As you know by know I (merks) dislike armies but the community has made it pretty clear it's something they need in order to enjoy the mod to it's fullest. You've listen to me so it's time I listen to you, please argue for armies. If this topic is dragged into a rifles rant you will be removed from the discussion moderators warning. Keep this civil and on topic!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:27:13 pm by Marks »

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Army debate, ya or nay? - #Armygate
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 01:42:29 pm »
I'm mostly neutral on the army thing. I hope people are checking the Events board for ongoing events. That and where'd the regiments bumping their WaT threads go?
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 01:48:28 pm »
Make a poll.

I am extremely against this.

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 02:50:53 pm »
Poll up.

Offline Kieran

• Sergeant Major
  • Successfully couped the 19th off Pres!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 02:58:18 pm »
I don't think we should have Armies.

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 03:07:59 pm »
Problem I see is if armies become the dominate force in WaT, those who don't want to join them will be boycotted from events "join army to play our events". If there can be a middle ground people can benefit from both sides  ???

Offline hairywarhero

• Colonel
  • Wibbly Wobble Circles Guys
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UA Maj Gen William T. Sherman
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 03:16:44 pm »
So marks sent me here to view this. From the start marks clearly said to me no armies This is was also in the developers log. I thought to myself fine i'll stick to N&S and so on. Now the MOD has been out for while and looking like its starting to loose player base this thread seem to pop up. Just looks like you are contradicting yourself Marks for more players you say you dislike the IDEA of armies in the community even though Armies can host private battles with out join the community.

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 03:19:59 pm »
So marks sent me here to view this. From the start marks clearly said to me no armies This is was also in the developers log. I thought to myself fine i'll stick to N&S and so on. Now the MOD has been out for while and looking like its starting to loose player base this thread seem to pop up. Just looks like you are contradicting yourself Marks for more players you say you dislike the IDEA of armies in the community even though Armies can host private battles with out join the community.

What? Host private battles? They can tho  ???

As for the Armies thing I stand against it still, I've voted no but the amount of people wanting them is annoying. WaT is doing well

Hard to keep a mod going with so little people playing NW (base game) I think WaTs doing well compared with other mods, we're the newest to launch and still have an active player base, not the biggest but still there. /Locked no one cares really

for what it has to battle.

I only but this up for event purposes I don't think the common pub player cares honestly.

Offline Lord_John

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hey !
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Nick: Lord_John
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 03:21:42 pm »
I only joined an army because i had to to play NaS and i can say did not like it. Is there anything worse then having people whispering you on ts when your trying to have fun with your friends.

Offline Viriathus

• Major
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Nick: RI23_Cpt_Viriathus
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 03:46:32 pm »
Armies don't give space to independent regiments, it's kind of saying you need to join us to make a regiment. Armies no thank you.

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 04:09:43 pm »
Just to clarify I am still against armies, I don't like them. This thread is to argue for armies FOR being a keyword. Poll is up for people to speak their mind without words as I know some people like. If I wanted armies I would just simply unban them without much hassel, by now you should know I do what I want quite bluntly really. I want to see what the community needs / wants. I know later on this thread will spicy up, a lot people pointing out that I said no armies and I still am haven't said "ARMIES R UNBANNDED GO MAKEY" they are still till this point 100% banned, I haven't changed my stance.

Now what I've said prior is that a solution can be arranged like I've done with Murch and Chadric, brigades but they are only small. What I would like is something more organised and scheduled, someone to keep things running and inform the community on what the devs are doing, adding, planning etc much easier. However that can go sour very quickly. Vote is looking rather balanced which I expected, a lot of the people asking for armies don't even know what FSE is  >:(.

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 04:21:06 pm »
Armies don't give space to independent regiments, it's kind of saying you need to join us to make a regiment. Armies no thank you.

I totally agree with you here Viri.

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 04:40:59 pm »
My my.. the poll is nearly neck and neck. I am abstaining from this. I was not in an army in my experience with regiments.

Only upstanding regiments could create an army, not a one-week new army that vanishes leaving regiments in the dust.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Hebi_Kotei

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 05:10:37 pm »
Armies have their good and bad points. For a long time in the North and South community armies have been able to keep the mod alive as long as it could be, the reason for this is that they ensure that a stable player base can be handled in an efficient manor also when it comes to events it also ensures that people will go the the event in the way that people can still play and enjoy themselves as there are people to play against. A lot of people also do enjoy the RP that the armies can provide, this includes the fact that there is higher command included allowing people to make complex plans which could be efficient in the way that the battle is played out which can only be achieved through brigade and corps command.

However, if the armies work the same way as they are in North & South, they leave little to no room for independent regiments, they also can split up and certain armies can go into isolation in the community like the UA and DA, reminding you of the fact that the situation used to be a lot worse than it is now.

Personally, I would like there to be armies in Whigs and Tories, however, I would not like to see them turn out to be the same way we see in other mods.

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 05:13:48 pm »
Armies have their good and bad points. For a long time in the North and South community armies have been able to keep the mod alive as long as it could be, the reason for this is that they ensure that a stable player base can be handled in an efficient manor also when it comes to events it also ensures that people will go the the event in the way that people can still play and enjoy themselves as there are people to play against. A lot of people also do enjoy the RP that the armies can provide, this includes the fact that there is higher command included allowing people to make complex plans which could be efficient in the way that the battle is played out which can only be achieved through brigade and corps command.

However, if the armies work the same way as they are in North & South, they leave little to no room for independent regiments, they also can split up and certain armies can go into isolation in the community like the UA and DA, reminding you of the fact that the situation used to be a lot worse than it is now.

Personally, I would like there to be armies in Whigs and Tories, however, I would not like to see them turn out to be the same way we see in other mods.

Thats the catch. As soon as an army is made any dev input can be ignored.