Author Topic: ACW Re-enactment in Europe: 110th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment  (Read 17583 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ACW Re-enactment in Europe: 110th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 03:33:52 pm »
Sunday is only packing and leaving, I believe. Much like last year.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 03:45:31 pm »
Do you guys have a panner/calender for the combined events?

I'd be most interested in CW/WW1 but it'd be awesome and a good start just meeting the group. Febuary is easy to plan in the coming period for me as well.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Nightdragger

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 03:49:42 pm »
I'm reenacting the civil war too in austria... but as a rebel XD
2nd South Carolina Rifles. Maybe not the best idea to come to you :P

Coming to Walldürn this year?

I hope so. But we have to travel 7 hours from Vienna to Walldürn, so we are doing most of our reenactments in the Czech Republic or in Slovenia.
I will tell our lieutenant that other groups asked if we could come :P We will see.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 03:54:18 pm »
I am going to compile a calendar of all the events I know of so far later today. Will share when done.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 04:03:50 pm »
I'm reenacting the civil war too in austria... but as a rebel XD
2nd South Carolina Rifles. Maybe not the best idea to come to you :P

Coming to Walldürn this year?

I hope so. But we have to travel 7 hours from Vienna to Walldürn, so we are doing most of our reenactments in the Czech Republic or in Slovenia.
I will tell our lieutenant that other groups asked if we could come :P We will see.

I know that feeling. It's like 5 hours or more for us too. Still, very much worth it.

Offline Nightdragger

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 10:02:53 pm »

I know that feeling. It's like 5 hours or more for us too. Still, very much worth it.

Damn, sorry. Just looked on our schedule and saw, that we have there another event at the same time :( My Regiment is on the annual opening from austrias biggest Wild-West Village, and we are there for every year since 2000, so I know that we can't be in Walldürn at the same time :(

I hope that one event would be moved on schedule.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 12:16:54 am »
Wuf ya
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 07:06:09 am »
are u guys looking for Americans that live in the EU

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 09:22:07 am »
Actually, I could be interested :) I do only napoleonic reenactement as you know and I always wanted to try WW1, I just can't pay a whole gear for it.

So if you are interested, I just shared some information on Facebook regarding the two events we are going to attend this year.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fadam.biggles%2Fposts%2F790252771141008&width=500" width="500" height="445" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Nice, maybe I will add you. I just checked your calendar, I can't say for sure now but both WW1 dates can be possible. And we will share at least La Boissière Ecole and Saint Quirin  ;)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 01:32:35 am »
are u guys looking for Americans that live in the EU

What?

Wuf ya

What?

Actually, I could be interested :) I do only napoleonic reenactement as you know and I always wanted to try WW1, I just can't pay a whole gear for it.

So if you are interested, I just shared some information on Facebook regarding the two events we are going to attend this year.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fadam.biggles%2Fposts%2F790252771141008&width=500" width="500" height="445" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Nice, maybe I will add you. I just checked your calendar, I can't say for sure now but both WW1 dates can be possible. And we will share at least La Boissière Ecole and Saint Quirin  ;)

Alright. Not sure if we will do Saint Quirin tho.
You are sure you don't want to do Civil War? It is closer to the border for sure... :P

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 06:02:00 pm »
Loevestijn certainly sounds interesting for me to see if this all appeals to me or not. And it is conveniently close to Breda, just no public transport to get there :|

Would it be possible to arrange a meet up?
Spoiler
if you wanna get rid of me now is the time, Duuring ;)
[close]

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 06:23:20 pm »

Spoiler

[close]

Alright. Not sure if we will do Saint Quirin tho.
You are sure you don't want to do Civil War? It is closer to the border for sure... :P

We will see. And that's not a border problem #Shengen #trains #hiking, it's a lack of interest haha I mean I like this part of history but not enough to reenact it, compared to NW or WW1  ;)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2017, 08:45:01 pm »
Loevestijn certainly sounds interesting for me to see if this all appeals to me or not. And it is conveniently close to Breda, just no public transport to get there :|

Would it be possible to arrange a meet up?
Spoiler
if you wanna get rid of me now is the time, Duuring ;)
[close]

Loevestein event is always fun, although it might get pretty cold. If Nico has enough uniform parts, that shouldn't be a problem.

I probably won't be there, though. The Dutch 85e doesn't like me and I don't have the gear of equipment to go there with any other group. I don't really like winter encampements anyway. I wish we could use garrison houses, which is much more historical accurate as well as comfortable as it gets.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 12:55:16 am »
Are there tents then?