Author Topic: Official thread - DOWNLOAD  (Read 89515 times)

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Pike & Shotte
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2017, 01:41:40 am »
Will the Covenanters be their own faction or will their be a few Covenanter regiments on the Royalist side and some on the Parliamentarian?
  For now the Parliamentarians will have two Covenanter Regiments, one foot and one horse, whilst the Royalists will have one Highland unit and one troop of Scots Dragoons. There will also be one of Montrose's Irish Regiments who served with his Scots Royalist army.
  Eventually, we would like to see a separate Covenanter faction and we were initially hoping to do so but time issues etc. got in the way. If the mod does well then we may be able to do a second version that adds them as their own faction.
EDIT: Should mention as well that the mod is set during the first Civil War so the Covenanters are firmly on Parliament's side, the Scottish troops fighting for the King are usually called Scots/Scottish Royalists or sometimes 'rebels' if you were a Covenanter. Some had fought with the Covenanters before joining the Royalists whilst others were recently raised.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 01:53:09 am by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Boarr

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2017, 12:42:55 pm »

And I saw that on the steam group one of you said that it would be set in the first and second so Covenanters would be fighting with Royalists and Parliamentarians. But that was a couple months ago so you probably changed since then to just the 1st.

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2017, 01:29:57 pm »
Spoiler

And I saw that on the steam group one of you said that it would be set in the first and second so Covenanters would be fighting with Royalists and Parliamentarians. But that was a couple months ago so you probably changed since then to just the 1st.
[close]
  Yeah I think Dazzer was quite keen to broaden it to the second but we really have little to no information on English Royalist units of the second in terms of flags, uniforms etc. Hell we have very little on the New Model other than they wore red (we have flags for one regiment, Charles Fairfax's, and a few other references but not much else other than conjecture). Of course many Covenanter units fought in both so if we do add them as a separate faction then we could start to broaden it to the second. The Covenanter foot Regiment on Parliaments side will be the Earl of Buccleugh’s Regiment of Foot, we have their flags from the Second Civil War (they were Colonel William Baillie’s by that point) which were probably not that different from their ones in the first other than the motto. The Covenanter Cavalry Regiment will be the Earl of Leven's Horse which had lancers.
  The mod is set during the first (1642-1646) although the Parliamentarians really only go up to 1645 just before the New Model was formed, although Skippon's Regiment continued on into the New Model so there will technically be a New Model Regiment.

EDIT 12/01/2017: We are getting quite close to releasing now (Dazzer is just trying to fix a few things with Commander Battle). Here is a zip file containing officer lists for the various armies. As mentioned, you pick one of these historical officers and his company to represent.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j6u9ylq4yjs3q7o/Army+and+Officer+Lists.zip
  We will start to sort out a proper system but for now you can post on the relevant discussion on our Steam Page to request one. The officer lists are sadly not complete as I have not had much time to complete them but I will endeavour to do so and update this.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:03:25 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2017, 06:02:45 am »
Boi, surprise me!

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2017, 02:30:42 pm »
Boi, surprise me!
we wanted to add musicians and flagbearers but something is messed up  :(

Offline kaskal

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2017, 05:18:35 pm »
I hope things get in the way.  :-\

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2017, 05:33:42 pm »
Looks like no, unfortunately. The guy who made it isnt responding.
We will try to add it into new version when it comes out

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2017, 01:49:19 pm »

Offline kaskal

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2017, 11:40:22 am »
Gorgeous..

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2017, 12:11:24 pm »
Nice to see this still going Dazzer

Offline mario890t

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3aDiv_1Reg_Col_Mario
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2017, 12:20:35 pm »
Wow this mod is nice

Offline Painmace

• Donator
  • I'm not active in Mount & Blade related stuff
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Black Legion Homepage
« Reply #221 on: February 07, 2017, 10:23:10 am »
You're still alive?

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 07, 2017, 11:17:50 am »
You're still alive?
Who do you mean, Will or the mod?  :D

Offline Painmace

• Donator
  • I'm not active in Mount & Blade related stuff
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Black Legion Homepage
« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2017, 11:59:10 am »
You're still alive?
Who do you mean, Will or the mod?  :D

Will, haven't seen him for like 2-3 years

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
Re: [NW][M] Pike & Shotte
« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2017, 12:57:25 pm »
Quick update, we are slowly but surely getting there with the mod. We do apologise for the delay and all but as mentioned issues have cropped up that have delayed it a bit. Can't give an exact date at the moment I am afraid.
  In the meantime here is a map I have nearly finished based on Powick Bridge, the site of the first battle of the Civil War in 1642. Ironically the last Battle (Worcester) would be fought nearby in 1651:
Spoiler
[close]
  I haven't quite done the right hand side of the map although from what I gather it was largely made up of enclosed fields so it will be fairly open.

Also I an making an attempt to create a scene prop of the Banqueting House at Whitehall, please do note I am completely new to this:
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
  I only put the picture of the ceiling in for reference for the moment (Ihave not textured anything else yet). If I get it finished then it may make an appearance in the mod.
  Not much else to report, again if you want to make a company or troop (equivalent to a NW regiment as previously discussed) then please get in touch, I have now uploaded some of the officer lists. We are also still looking for a female to record a few lines, anyone who is Scottish or Irish would be useful a well since there are some Scots and Irish regiments in the mod.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:24:30 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]