Author Topic: what happened  (Read 9871 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: what happened
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 06:18:11 pm »
Let's make it clear for the record: I am not FSE staff.
But in my attempts to get the FSE moderation to talk about this with me: I have done so and will report my findings in a while. Give me a week or two to sort this out.
I am of a mind to put the entire matter to rest.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 06:20:16 pm by Riddlez »
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
  • Applied Behavior Analyst
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Drill Instructors
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2016, 07:17:25 pm »
IMO, the power-hungry, participation generation killed this game. The current "leaders" of regiments do not accept responsibility for anything and point fingers at everything. They are simply raising private armies of blind loyalists. They even make rules against their enemy to put them at a disadvantage!!!

I offer leadership classes. It is what we are missing in this game and society. I don't claim to be the best leader, but I can train the natural-born leaders to be even more effective and responsible. Teaching responsibility only comes through experience and we can offer it to you from the start. We take turns with officer, sergeant, and private roles. Experience the burden of true leadership!

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/napoleonicdrillinstructors#

wait what the fuck is this. who the hell are you and why are you treating this like peoples lives are on the line like in real military leadership.

as someone who has been trained by real world military leaders in military leadership, i can say im pretty disappointed that people have legitimately taken video games this far.

leadership doesn't come naturally, theres no such thing as someone who has been born a leader. the first step to become a leader is to be a common soldier, thats why at most military leadership college's around the world teach you how to be a soldier before teaching you to lead. so youve already got the wrong idea of what defines a leader and how to properly lead

but ffs this is a video game its not fucking training leaders to fight Daesh in Iraq and Syria, no one will die if a reg leader in NW did a FOC and then banned someone else who also did one.

dude the shit has been beaten out of this horse

yes youve already said something along the lines of that in this thread m8

Not as dead Robin Williams

hanging myself with a belt is looking pretty good rn tbh

Do you have a problem with me trying to teach responsibility through a video game?

Different regiments, outfits, and groups participate in the academy. You can ask the academy to attend your event a week in advance. We become the responsibility of the contractor for that event.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2016, 07:38:07 pm »
I'm sure that he doesn't, however it seems to be a bit silly imo to call regiment leaders "power hungry" and that they are "raising private armies of loyalists". This is NW not fucking game of thrones

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2016, 08:01:59 pm »
I'm sure that he doesn't, however it seems to be a bit silly imo to call regiment leaders "power hungry" and that they are "raising private armies of loyalists". This is NW not fucking game of thrones
It is GoT for tryhards.

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2016, 08:27:29 pm »
This is NW not fucking game of thrones

Tell that to them. If anyone takes offense to what I said AND is a regiment leader, then my opinion obviously strikes their conscience. I only know a few regiment leaders that are the opposite of "power hungry."

If your regiment flatters you on a daily basis in hopes of attaining power, you might have a "private army."

Please excuse my generalizations, there is always an exception to my generalizations.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:29:05 pm by zude »

Different regiments, outfits, and groups participate in the academy. You can ask the academy to attend your event a week in advance. We become the responsibility of the contractor for that event.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2016, 08:43:53 pm »
There is no "power". Every regiment that I've been in is just a group of friends having fun.

"If anyone takes offense to what I said AND is a regiment leader, then my opinion obviously strikes their conscience" This is the most bullshit statement I have ever heard in my entire life. It's like calling a disabled person a retard and then saying that they must have a guilty conscience when they get offended. How can someone being offended by an insult be seen as an admission of guilt? You are trying to make the game more than it is. You scold the regiment leaders for bickering and talk about how they are ruining the community and then come in insulting people and disrespecting the established community. Do you not see the irony? How many hours do you even have in the game?

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2016, 08:58:52 pm »
There is no "power". Every regiment that I've been in is just a group of friends having fun.

"If anyone takes offense to what I said AND is a regiment leader, then my opinion obviously strikes their conscience" This is the most bullshit statement I have ever heard in my entire life. It's like calling a disabled person a retard and then saying that they must have a guilty conscience when they get offended. How can someone being offended by an insult be seen as an admission of guilt? You are trying to make the game more than it is. You scold the regiment leaders for bickering and talk about how they are ruining the community and then come in insulting people and disrespecting the established community. Do you not see the irony? How many hours do you even have in the game?

I'm sorry to upset you. But I could explain in further detail if you attend one of my lectures rather than to continue bickering and allowing me to hijack this thread. The lectures are outlines that are based on textbook sources. What I had said was an opinion and I defended it as purely subjective. All opinions are subjective. Getting upset at a generalized opinion is a sign of personal response.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2016, 09:02:14 pm »
Could you link the textbook sources about how to lead people in NW? I would love to read it. Might even send it to Chriseh. Also could you answer my question? How many hours do you have in NW?

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2016, 09:18:58 pm »
I blame the USMC

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2016, 09:59:50 pm »
Could you link the textbook sources about how to lead people in NW? I would love to read it. Might even send it to Chriseh. Also could you answer my question? How many hours do you have in NW?

I have 750 hours, but that is irrelevant. If you want to learn about M&B:NW, there are people within our academy that are more qualified than I am in that regard. If you want to learn how to establish a proper discipline plan for your regiment, use this book:

O'niell, R. E., Albin, R. W., Storey, K., Horner, R. H., & Sparague, J. R. (2015). Functional Assessment and Program Development for Problem Behavior (3rd ed.). Stamford, CT: Cenage learning.

I'm here to help, I'm not trying to steal anyone's glory.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2016, 10:09:03 pm »
There is no glory, it's a video game.  750 hours is not enough to be able to criticize people who have thousands of hours.

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2016, 10:13:02 pm »
That's the end of our argument.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2016, 10:20:30 pm »
Why? I don't believe that a discipline plan is needed for a game where most people want to have fun. I've seen regiments where people are too uptight in the way that they run things which has led to resentment from other people in the regiment. You even admit you don't have sufficient experience in Napoleonic Wars and yet you still continue to say that regiment leaders are making the community worse. How can you say that when you don't even truly understand for yourself the ins and outs of the community and how the leaders work and run? How many of the elite regimental leaders do you speak to?

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2016, 11:20:17 pm »
rekt

Offline Who-

• Colonel
  • You been lookin' for the wrong one
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2016, 07:48:01 pm »
Why? I don't believe that a discipline plan is needed for a game where most people want to have fun. I've seen regiments where people are too uptight in the way that they run things which has led to resentment from other people in the regiment. You even admit you don't have sufficient experience in Napoleonic Wars and yet you still continue to say that regiment leaders are making the community worse. How can you say that when you don't even truly understand for yourself the ins and outs of the community and how the leaders work and run? How many of the elite regimental leaders do you speak to?
I think Zude is just an advanced troll tbh
I'm like a reincarnated Saltyy But I actually have some talent.