Author Topic: Help wanted for upcoming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 14356 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Help wanted for upcoming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2017, 12:13:21 am »
Spoiler
Hello there.
It would be great if you guys could help us out with making some new maps for the upcoming NW patch.

What I am looking for are:

1.) Any map you have already finished and think is good enough to be an official NW map.
2.) I need new maps for a new gamemode we are planning. The maps will have to be made on the largest map size possible, and they will have to include villages/houses/farms etc. more or less evenly spread over the whole map. If you include water in your map, make sure that there are enough boat spawns around for players to be able to get on it.
3.) Any maps that you are currently running on your server and think are good enough for the NW patch. If they are good enough we will include them in the official patch and your players will not longer have to download them! (This does NOT include training maps)

Please send me those maps either in this: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=37621.msg1632620#new thread or as PM.
I will look over them and include them in the game if they are good enough.

Additionally, if you have made uniforms/weapons/any other graphical items you think are good enough to be included in the game, and want to see added, please contact me via PM or in this thread: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=37622.new#new. I will take a look at them and if they are good enough they will be in the next patch!

Thanks.
- Olaf

[close]

Could look at some of the mount and musket maps, even if they don't quite cut it, it would be easy to edit in more small towns to them

With the uniforms, graphics etc. isn't this patch supposed to be a server side patch? Or is there going to be a full game update now?
no longer just server side only patch.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2017, 01:18:10 am »
I really hope you give the modders who contribute some token of gratitude.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2017, 01:48:27 am »
They get a bit of the FSE weed fund
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2017, 11:46:28 am »
Any modders with scripting/programming knowledge, especially those that made server side only mods should send me a message.

I can give you guys SVN code access so you can see what is going on, what is changing and you can prepare your mods for it.

At the same time if you have time left and want to, you can contribute some code.

You can send me a PM on the forum or write me on steam. (or get my steam from a pm :) )

For you server side modders its a good chance now to request from us to add new updates on the client side, or new events you can send from server to affect the client. we will add them!

A lot of guys by now contributed, maps, code, bug reports, and much more. It is hard to mention them all. But I think what will be nice for people that contributed a significant ammount to get BCOF for free on top of ofcourse being in the credits of Napoleonic Wars which I hope we will have everyone on it.

Could look at some of the mount and musket maps, even if they don't quite cut it, it would be easy to edit in more small towns to them

With the uniforms, graphics etc. isn't this patch supposed to be a server side patch? Or is there going to be a full game update now?
The mount and musket maps that are not in NW are not there because they didn't work anymore after we removed many native props and replaced all mount and musket props with other ones. and those did not fit on top of each-other 1 to 1. Do you know what specific map your missing, maybe someone can remake it?

and yes we will make a full update both client and server by now we are too far away from any compatibility.

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2017, 01:47:58 pm »
For you server side modders its a good chance now to request from us to add new updates on the client side
Been there, was told by you, that I could just make a clientmod and then magically send it to all players joining the server.

When will there be a final source code ready, so the serverfixing can be planned?
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2017, 04:39:24 pm »
Yes. My congratulations on this, asking help from the community in this way is what makes us go forward.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2017, 09:48:28 pm »
For you server side modders its a good chance now to request from us to add new updates on the client side
Been there, was told by you, that I could just make a clientmod and then magically send it to all players joining the server.

When will there be a final source code ready, so the serverfixing can be planned?
You never specified what exactly you needed. you talked about "buttons" I explained I will not add buttons to the game that don't do anything.. like for instance in the admin panel.
But by all means if you have specific request i can always look into it.
Exact date is not set, but really soon.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2017, 10:03:46 pm »

Actual soon or BCoF soon? :-*
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2017, 11:53:58 pm »
Actual

Offline Aternox

• Second Lieutenant
  • A prayer's as good as a bayonet on a day like this
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2017, 01:17:09 am »
My new feature suggestion (since I know it's a full game patch/update now, but idk how far you're willing to go with new stuff and if you prefer patchwork): Putting in Sergeant troops for line infantry, say with choice between musket or a spontoon to spawn with. I know for UK this would be fairly easy since most units it's just 3 stripes on the right or both arms, not sure about other factions though. There would also be the scripting if it gave a bonus or had a class limit, or could simply be classed as an flag bearer or ranker for that. However, I think it's a popular feature in other mods to have such rank choices to make it more fun with more variation for any player to choose and in regimental play/organisation

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2017, 09:05:57 pm »

You never specified what exactly you needed. you talked about "buttons" I explained I will not add buttons to the game that don't do anything.. like for instance in the admin panel.
Just buttons that send an event.
This can be done easy, or sexy.
You press "o", or "k", and/or some other buttons, and send a variable to the server. Normal servers just ignore it, but any servermod can use it for anything, making a cry, an animation, using an item/prop, change some configurations, dance, interact with someone, making a poll, bets, whatever, there are no borders set. This could be done in a few minutes the "easy" way.
Most sexy would be, the servermod can "activate" the buttons with sending a variable on join. Even better would be, if he can set a few strings, so the client can check what those buttons do.

How far it is taken is the choice of the developer, but empty dynamic all useable and known buttons are of use for anyone, not just for one specific server, mod, or gamemode. And super easy to implement clientside, if everyone is downloading the client anyway. Also there would absolutly no disadvantage to the clients.
Would have not thought it has to be explained in the first place.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2017, 03:57:55 pm »

Just buttons that send an event.
This can be done easy, or sexy.
You press "o", or "k", and/or some other buttons, and send a variable to the server. Normal servers just ignore it, but any servermod can use it for anything, making a cry, an animation, using an item/prop, change some configurations, dance, interact with someone, making a poll, bets, whatever, there are no borders set. This could be done in a few minutes the "easy" way.
Most sexy would be, the servermod can "activate" the buttons with sending a variable on join. Even better would be, if he can set a few strings, so the client can check what those buttons do.

How far it is taken is the choice of the developer, but empty dynamic all useable and known buttons are of use for anyone, not just for one specific server, mod, or gamemode. And super easy to implement clientside, if everyone is downloading the client anyway. Also there would absolutly no disadvantage to the clients.
Would have not thought it has to be explained in the first place.
I see what you mean now. We are focusing on other things right now but you can submit code for review to us to enable what you want.

Cheers.

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2017, 08:33:21 am »
Hey Vincenzo, a couple of things that would make life more interesting on Vs Bots servers in general:

1      Player minimum to activate class limits is currently at a minimum of 1 - could this be changed to 0 ? (Or is class limits even active for Siege battles? - if not, it really should be)

2      Some maps, and not just bot servers, are difficult because Cavalry spawn wherever there is a spawn point - including in buildings with narrow doorways and low ceilings, on battlements etc.
No idea how possible this is - but - How about a variable for Entry Points?
So if an entry point is left without a variable = anything can spawn here.
Variable 1 = No Cavalry may spawn at this point.   
Variable 2 = only artillery may spawn at this point. 
Variable 3 = Only Sailors and marines may spawn at this point. (This way you could have players who choose those classes to spawn on ships etc)
Variable 4 = Only sappers may spawn at this point.
Variable 5 only Cavalry may spawn here.

And please, please, please make rocks props give cover from cannon fire and musketry. At the moment I have to build hidden walls and solid objects inside to achieve that, and if not, its so unfair to players that a solid object (which on some maps can be quite huge) doesn't prevent them being hit.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 08:39:01 am by Mohawky »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2017, 09:44:03 am »
Hey Vincenzo, a couple of things that would make life more interesting on Vs Bots servers in general:

1      Player minimum to activate class limits is currently at a minimum of 1 - could this be changed to 0 ? (Or is class limits even active for Siege battles? - if not, it really should be)

2      Some maps, and not just bot servers, are difficult because Cavalry spawn wherever there is a spawn point - including in buildings with narrow doorways and low ceilings, on battlements etc.
No idea how possible this is - but - How about a variable for Entry Points?
So if an entry point is left without a variable = anything can spawn here.
Variable 1 = No Cavalry may spawn at this point.   
Variable 2 = only artillery may spawn at this point. 
Variable 3 = Only Sailors and marines may spawn at this point. (This way you could have players who choose those classes to spawn on ships etc)
Variable 4 = Only sappers may spawn at this point.
Variable 5 only Cavalry may spawn here.

And please, please, please make rocks props give cover from cannon fire and musketry. At the moment I have to build hidden walls and solid objects inside to achieve that, and if not, its so unfair to players that a solid object (which on some maps can be quite huge) doesn't prevent them being hit.
what do you mean regarding class limits?  you can set it to 0 and have it take effect.  or are you referring to the issue where you can set lancers to 0, but someone can still go lancer.(but only one person)  if that is what you are talking about, that was fixed.  even got it to work in CB.  im looking at my test server right now, and class limits are working in siege.

i will leave the other stuff for vince to look at. 

Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2017, 02:01:27 am »
An option to disable artillery train might be useful if you don't want people to mess with the cannons, either in control panel or as a map prop.