Author Topic: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread  (Read 63249 times)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread
« Reply #450 on: February 16, 2018, 06:19:42 am »
GoT writers getting a star wars series which is interesting I guess. I never found their writing great when it strayed from Martin's book material.

I agree. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Will be interesting to see what they come up with. Are you guys excited for the upcoming Han Solo movie?
Hopefully its more like Rogue One and less like the most recent one
am I the only one that didn’t think rouge one was that great?

Found the Bothan
Why am I still here

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #451 on: February 16, 2018, 05:39:32 pm »
Cloverfield is pretty interesting now with Paradox having come out. I like the idea of multiverses
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 16, 2018, 05:42:55 pm »
Cloverfield is pretty interesting now with Paradox having come out. I like the idea of multiverses
Crap film. Cluttered narrative that struggles to find its identity. Trying to make a horror film and then having that guy from the IT crowd making shit witty comments. Little development or backstory to any of the characters. The only thing that saved the film was the performance of the lead.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 16, 2018, 05:47:13 pm »
Crap film. Cluttered narrative that struggles to find its identity. Trying to make a horror film and then having that guy from the IT crowd making shit witty comments. Little development or backstory to any of the characters. The only thing that saved the film was the performance of the lead.
Not supporting a movie with a black female lead and minority crew? You bigot ; Opinion invalidated
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 16, 2018, 05:47:45 pm »
Shit you’ve got me

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #455 on: February 16, 2018, 09:12:46 pm »
Well I suppose part of the movie felt slow and uninteresting, I loved how they added a few new characters though and created more depth behind the whole ''Team that captured the blueprints from the Death Star''. Which was always kind of an ''unknown'' topic, besides that the rebellion just suddenly received them through a team.
It helps shape the star wars universe further.
Especially the ending IMO was one of the best Star Wars movie endings, the chills that I felt when I saw Vader appear was quite insane.
there are to many characters and not a single one of them is memorable and it feels like they were just trying to check race boxes. I just rewatched it last night and the only name I remember is Jin.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 16, 2018, 10:08:47 pm »
Well I suppose part of the movie felt slow and uninteresting, I loved how they added a few new characters though and created more depth behind the whole ''Team that captured the blueprints from the Death Star''. Which was always kind of an ''unknown'' topic, besides that the rebellion just suddenly received them through a team.
It helps shape the star wars universe further.
Especially the ending IMO was one of the best Star Wars movie endings, the chills that I felt when I saw Vader appear was quite insane.
there are to many characters and not a single one of them is memorable and it feels like they were just trying to check race boxes. I just rewatched it last night and the only name I remember is Jin.
It's pretty sad really. I think the premise was great but it sort of invalidates so much of the original trilogy with there being this huge rebel fleet and having Darth Vader be a badass just to look like a fool when he fights Obi-Wan in A New Hope. I also don't get 'hey, we captured you and now we're trusting you to save a rebellion you just learned about1!!1!!'

I hope Solo focuses more on.. Han Solo.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 16, 2018, 10:16:38 pm »
To be fair it's more of a criticism of A New Hope than Rogue one that some see Darth Vader being slightly lacklustre in the former. He's supposed to be a badass.

AeroNinja

« Reply #458 on: February 17, 2018, 09:14:04 pm »
I follow the Italian serie Gomorrah. I absolutely love it. It's about the Italian maffia of course. Very good acting and it really gets tense sometimes. You also never know who is going to die. It's not like "Yeah that was expected". I would suggest watching this if you are into Italy and the maffia.

~Posh~

« Reply #459 on: February 17, 2018, 10:54:11 pm »
Suits best series. Enough drama to compete with Hollywood.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 20, 2018, 09:16:57 pm »
Went into Justice League with low expectations after putting it off for a while and I have to say it was surprisingly even worse than I expected. 4/10

The Cloverfield Paradox got me hyped during the superbowl but was meh. 6/10

Black Panther was pretty good but nothing extraordinary, 7.5/10

Also worth noting Black Panther's domestic total in its first 4 days beat Justice League's entire domestic run. Add that to the "things you'd be institutionalized for believing would ever happen 10 years ago" list.

And I'd wager as of now that unless it bombs critically (which I dont expect) Infinity War will hit $2 billion total.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 11:49:11 pm by junedragon »
Why am I still here

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #461 on: February 21, 2018, 01:49:34 am »
I actually just watched justice league last night. It wasn’t a good movie. I would give it like 5.5/10.

DC keep trying to shove way to much into their films instead of slowly building a universe. Also they really lack interesting villains

And I don’t like what they did to Barry Allen/Flash.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
« Reply #462 on: February 21, 2018, 04:04:39 am »
Black Panther was a solid 5 for me. Aside from the good acting performances and pretty visuals the plot itself was hardly different from every other generic superhero flick. The dialogue was also quite bad with many of the “comedic” lines feeling very forced (what are those comes to mind).

Check out The Phantom Thread or I, Tonya if they’re playing near you. Much better films to spend your money on imo (unless you have a moviepass like i do).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:06:18 am by Mexican »
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2018, 05:04:13 am »
Black Panther was a solid 5 for me. Aside from the good acting performances and pretty visuals the plot itself was hardly different from every other generic superhero flick. The dialogue was also quite bad with many of the “comedic” lines feeling very forced (what are those comes to mind).
"muh shitty rehashed superhero movie"

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2018, 05:35:20 am »
I actually just watched justice league last night. It wasn’t a good movie. I would give it like 5.5/10.

DC keep trying to shove way to much into their films instead of slowly building a universe. Also they really lack interesting villains

And I don’t like what they did to Barry Allen/Flash.
It's really sad how DC has gone down the drain in terms of movies, they have rushed every product just to try and compete with Marvel and are failing miserably.