Author Topic: Community Rep Thread (July-August) Update  (Read 14797 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Community Rep Thread (July-August) Update
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 01:30:59 pm »
Let me add, the position is only as dead as the representatives allow it to be.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 02:38:37 pm »

Great point, and by Ap0c as well. I'm probably going to re-run again for the position in September to see if there is something... anything I can do.

It seems like quite a few of you want this position to continue and if that is the case, I'm more than willing to concede that this is what the community wants.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 04:11:07 pm »
I would run for the next term, but:

1. I will start studying in September and will not have time the first 3 months or so (perhaps more)
2. Absolutely nobody would vote for me - I just got here and I have not gone through any trouble to establish a name, except in the political section of this forum. I will support an in my eyes suitable EU candidate.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Norwegian13

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 09:54:24 pm »
To start off, I apologize for not having posted any big updates yet.

Well, we have achieved making a groupfighting sub-board under regiments. All groupfighting threads are being moved there aswell now. Potentially, we might also get a events sub-board for groupfighting events, if we see that there is enough interest. Would you guys think that it is necessary to get a new sub-board for groupfighting events?

We're also currently working on a potential EU 1 Public Linebattle that should hopefully be starting up soon. As always, should there be anything, you can either reach me by sending me a PM on the forums or by contacting me on Steam.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 10:21:53 pm »
I, personally, don't think that it is a good idea to move GF tournaments into the sub board because also regiments, or not fixed Gorupfighting Teams, want to particiapate and if you're not active in Gf team you maybe miss a torunament then. Only because you don't look every 2 days or so in this sub-board, that's kinda shit then.

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 11:46:07 pm »
I, personally, don't think that it is a good idea to move GF tournaments into the sub board because also regiments, or not fixed Gorupfighting Teams, want to particiapate and if you're not active in Gf team you maybe miss a torunament then. Only because you don't look every 2 days or so in this sub-board, that's kinda shit then.

I'm pretty sure you can subscribe to the board, in order to receive notifications.
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 01:08:29 pm »

Great point, and by Ap0c as well. I'm probably going to re-run again for the position in September to see if there is something... anything I can do.

It seems like quite a few of you want this position to continue and if that is the case, I'm more than willing to concede that this is what the community wants.

Im thinking of running next term to see the CR perspective of things, and to see if it truly is pointless.

But who knows, Siwi might do something kickass and I might change my mind, or school might be more demanding than i thought.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 02:24:51 pm »
You can see if the position is pointless by having a proper talk with a current CR. Just becoming a CR to see if the position is anything to your liking honoustly does not seem very helpful to the 'complaints' uttered now that it is a dead post.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 06:52:36 pm »
You can see if the position is pointless by having a proper talk with a current CR. Just becoming a CR to see if the position is anything to your liking honoustly does not seem very helpful to the 'complaints' uttered now that it is a dead post.

I mean, I doubt it.

I have been far more active on the forums in the previous months than all the previous CRs combined, I was thinking maybe I could give it a whirl and see if I could do anything.

Not trying to be cocky or anything, I just dont want to give up on it until I know what it can truly do.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 07:03:53 pm »
The position feels like it doesn't really have power or can do anything that a normal user of the forums couldn't do.

It has power because we give it power. Admins listen to what they have to say and they can get in the admin section of the forums.
I am just surprised a game producing studio gives so much about there being people to keep the community in line, but all the while not giving a shit about informing them about... you know? the actual product?

Take a look at other fora, the admins just ban everyone without giving explanation.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 07:19:16 pm »
The position feels like it doesn't really have power or can do anything that a normal user of the forums couldn't do.

They're about as powerful as Global Moderators, only without the ability to give or revoke punishments. When they're discussing forum policies, rules, punishments or (un)bans, their view is considered just as important as any other member of the team.

I'm a little surprised about people being disappointed about the project. I'm very happy about the way this is turning out, actually. CR activity within the Moderation Section makes Moderators also more active, and because they're usually well-connected within the community, they provide me with valuable information or views that otherwise I simply would not be able to reach. Take the Event subboards for example, or Groupfighting subboard, both of which are a direct result of good cooperation between Moderators, CR's and active community members.

Haze

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 07:24:13 pm »
They're about as powerful as Global Moderators, only without the ability to give or revoke punishments. When they're discussing forum policies, rules, punishments or (un)bans, their view is considered just as important as any other member of the team.

I'm a little surprised about people being disappointed about the project. I'm very happy about the way this is turning out, actually. CR activity within the Moderation Section makes Moderators also more active, and because they're usually well-connected within the community, they provide me with valuable information or views that otherwise I simply would not be able to reach. Take the Event subboards for example, or Groupfighting subboard, both of which are a direct result of good cooperation between Moderators, CR's and active community members.
I have nothing to add  ;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:26:51 pm by Ragnarr »

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 09:30:33 pm »
And they're Duuring's to abuse. What's not to like?

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 12:54:20 am »
Wasn't one of the original reasons for CR was a liason between the community and the moderation? What have we seen from that?
The CR would be a better role if it was given increased powers, tbh.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2016, 01:19:48 am »
Wasn't one of the original reasons for CR was a liason between the community and the moderation? What have we seen from that?
The CR would be a better role if it was given increased powers, tbh.

Only way of increasing power is giving moderation powers. That won't do, won't it? Because then they're moderators. And mods can't liason between mods and community, can they?

Most people seem to forget this website is not a democracy. The devs and mods can basically do whatever the fuck they want, provided they stay within the host country's laws. We can count our blessings they actually listen once in a while because:

Quote from: Riddlez
Take a look at other fora, the admins just ban everyone without giving explanation.