Poll

Would you play Total War: Victoria?

Yeah, I love the victorian era, imperialism & nationalism and the industrial revolution!
Meh, maybe
No, I would rather play Medieval III
No, I would rather play Empire II
No, I would rather play TW: Warhammer (dunno if this is for reels)

Author Topic: Total War General Discussion Thread: Shogun to Rome 2!  (Read 214261 times)

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Total War General Discussion Thread: Shogun to Rome 2!
« Reply #1560 on: May 28, 2016, 01:48:13 am »
Well I only waited a week, and then I gave in and bought Warhammer. I actually find it quite enjoyable. Sure, I am running it on low graphics but that is because my machine is a little old by today's standards (although It is only three years old), it runs just as well as Attila. I am currently in the middle of a campaign as the Dwarves and am enjoying it immensely. I will say one thing (and this applies to Rome II and Attila as well) and that is these quests (if you can call it that) whereby say, you gain three provinces, you get a reward of a few thousand coins. Sure it is useful but in my humble opinion it does make things a little less challenging.
]

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1561 on: May 28, 2016, 01:49:40 am »
Just bought Warhammer to give it a go, going to let it download tonight hopefully it's not shite.  ::)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1562 on: May 29, 2016, 02:31:56 pm »
Played through it with Empire and am now playing as Orcs.

Quite enjoying it and the game does well to avoid the repetition that usually results in me abandoning Total war campaigns.

Playing as Empire I found myself often infantry boxing my ranged units such as cannons and mortars and having a row of crossbowmen/handgunners inside the box as well. Had to do this more often than not due to fast enemy cav/hounds or four legged attack units. Progress with Empire for me was slow and cautious but managed to win the short campaign victory.

Playing as Orcs I am having fun horde rushing where base management is kept to a minimal set of buildings and raiding/sacking is the way to go. If your army gets into a lot of battles there's a chance you get an allied army that spawns (called a Warrrgh) and you can give it indirect orders as you would telling an ally to take a particular objective. Difference is that any towns the Waargh takes become yours. This is great when you want to keep your main army at a strategic area fighting and want someone else to clean up behind the rear. The badlands are also very mountainous so I love the 'use the ways' stance where you use the tunnel networks to move under the mountains. There is a chance that an enemy army can intercept you though if you move nearby and if they defeat you it in the ways it destroys the army. Now I have one army sacking while the follow up army occupies the territory in the following turn.

I played briefly as the vampire counts and Chaos. Chaos is basically a nomad faction where the objective is to burn everything though you get the option of awakening the Norska tribes as allies if you defeat one of their settlements. The Vampire counts are interesting, units don't have morale so they won't route but instead of morale they have a binding indicator. If their binding weakens they take damage. I am not 100% sure but I think if the general dies the entire army also dies with him. Currency is dark magic for vampire counts. Also Vampire faction is the only one that can recruit within the same turn (ie: like recruiting mercs in previous total war games instead of waiting 1 turn to build).

Haven't tried Dwarves yet. Not sure how much they differ as a faction. They tend to be extremely armored and hold out well against orcs I've noticed. My first buffs that I go for tend to be those that increase melee for the army.

Spoiler

[close]

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 29, 2016, 02:49:10 pm »
Started an Empire playthrough;

Video
[close]

Also started a separate one as Dwarves which I'm really enjoying.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 29, 2016, 09:34:21 pm »
+1 for not liking Rome 2 and Atilla. Shit games. Last good one was S2TW.

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1565 on: May 29, 2016, 10:07:51 pm »
Anyone interested in a small multiplayer 1v1 tournament?

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 29, 2016, 11:21:50 pm »
Anyone interested in a small multiplayer 1v1 tournament?
For which one?
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
« Reply #1567 on: May 30, 2016, 12:48:27 am »
Warhammer

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 01, 2016, 03:38:42 pm »
Had an awesome 3v3 against some friends across the NW community. Don't mind my noobiness, this is my first total war title I have ever purchased. Also, I made this video in garbo movie maker, so no laugh at outro. ;-;

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: June 05, 2016, 01:30:56 pm »
2nd episode of my total war playthrough (as Empire);

Video
[close]

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: June 14, 2016, 12:45:36 pm »
Suck my cock?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 17, 2016, 09:28:53 pm »
New video with Chriseh on TW: Warhammer;

Video
[close]

Video
[close]

Videp
[close]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:28:39 pm by Herishey »

AeroNinja

« Reply #1572 on: July 31, 2017, 10:50:14 pm »
So I'm about to start a new Grand Campaign with France (Darthmod enabled). I never really understood the campaign of the Total War games and mostly just played multiplayer battles aswell as against the AI. What I wanted to ask is, what do you guys do in the campaign? What do you spend your money on the most? I'm having a bit of troubles with the relations of other factions. I also don't really understand how trade works. I only know that you can make trade agreements with other factions and move your ship to an anchor point on the map where it gets it resources (from other countries not shown on the map I assume?).

Any tips are welcome.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 31, 2017, 10:56:43 pm »
So I'm about to start a new Grand Campaign with France (Darthmod enabled). I never really understood the campaign of the Total War games and mostly just played multiplayer battles aswell as against the AI. What I wanted to ask is, what do you guys do in the campaign? What do you spend your money on the most? I'm having a bit of troubles with the relations of other factions. I also don't really understand how trade works. I only know that you can make trade agreements with other factions and move your ship to an anchor point on the map where it gets it resources (from other countries not shown on the map I assume?).

Any tips are welcome.
I just kill people

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #1574 on: July 31, 2017, 11:42:30 pm »

Any tips are welcome.

Firstly, if you are playing as France, you need to get naval dominance of Britain in order to place trade ships in the trade nodes above Britain and in the Mediterranean. Get trade agreements with everyone who will give it and build up your building to get money. Make sure you upgrade the schools as soon as you can to get better technology faster and try to take out Prussia and Austria first before taking on Russia and Britain.

This has personally worked for me if you wish to try it feel free to and hope that it works out for you. :)