Author Topic: How to get normal unit names after using a Faction Overhaul!  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Great_Leader_Me

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
How to get normal unit names after using a Faction Overhaul!
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:43:15 pm »
I have downloaded the great northern war mod but i am a member of a regiment so I need the normal unit names, I know there is a mod that can do it but I cant find it, If you could point me in the right direction I would be grateful

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: How to get normal unit names after using a Faction Overhaul!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 12:48:07 am »
I have downloaded the great northern war mod but i am a member of a regiment so I need the normal unit names, I know there is a mod that can do it but I cant find it, If you could point me in the right direction I would be grateful
This should be a simple revert that has no negative affect in-game. Do you have regular Napoleonic Wars installed? If you do, you can copy the vanilla troops.txt file and paste it into the modded NW folder with overwriting the current one. Or renaming the modded folder's troops.txt file to say troops_greatnorthernwar.txt and just copying the vanilla troops.txt file in as the game only recognizes whichever file is called troops.txt

Basically, troops.txt file is the file you only need to change this.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Great_Leader_Me

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 05:24:35 pm »
Sadly it didnt work  >:( in my folder I have troops.txt, troops (2), troop1 and troops would that make a difference
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:41:14 pm by Great_Leader_Me »

Offline Great_Leader_Me

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 06:38:07 pm »
Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:39:39 pm by Great_Leader_Me »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 10:58:16 am »
Sadly it didnt work  >:( in my folder I have troops.txt, troops (2), troop1 and troops would that make a difference
Yes it would make a difference, the game only recognizes the troops file called troops.txt (.txt is extension for text document not part of the name if you didn't know) No other file name will be recognized, even close ones.
You only need one troops.txt in a modded NW folder that resides with all the other text files. Try swapping them out until you get normal unit names again.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.