Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 525274 times)

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #1065 on: July 23, 2017, 05:25:16 pm »
So what was Merkel's solution?

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #1066 on: July 23, 2017, 05:32:29 pm »
More migrants, i guess

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1067 on: July 23, 2017, 05:34:36 pm »
I can tell you that the german administration i working on handling all asylum applications at the moment. By far we got no major problems with refugees in Germany. Sure there are some of them who commit crimes, but i think that is normal in 1.000.000 human beeings. I do undestand that for you people outside of germany it seems like we got big Trouble with Refugees commiting crime, but always remember that a refugee harrasing a woman is way more interesting for a newspaper to write about, then thousands of refugees doing absolutely nothing wrong. So all in all we are doing fine and working on a way to integrate those thousands of people with working potential in our Job Market #wörk #wörk

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 23, 2017, 05:36:38 pm »
I can tell you that the german administration i working on handling all asylum applications at the moment. By far we got no major problems with refugees in Germany. Sure there are some of them who commit crimes, but i think that is normal in 1.000.000 human beeings. I do undestand that for you people outside of germany it seems like we got big Trouble with Refugees commiting crime, but always remember that a refugee harrasing a woman is way more interesting for a newspaper to write about, then thousands of refugees doing absolutely nothing wrong. So all in all we are doing fine and working on a way to integrate those thousands of people with working potential in our Job Market #wörk #wörk
So, the migrant crisis problem coud be simply overrated? And the the real situation is not that bad as shown?

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #1069 on: July 23, 2017, 05:45:21 pm »
So, the migrant crisis problem coud be simply overrated? And the the real situation is not that bad as shown?
Not bad as shown as in non-german media. And if you dont believe me and think the country is a whole fucking mess atm, please note that there in only one major Party in Germany that doesnt supports refugees-welcome-politics in germany right now (the far right winges "Afd"), and they got only 7/8% in the latest polls, while the other big partys that support refugees-welcome-politics combine around 90% of the votes in the latest polls.

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 23, 2017, 05:48:51 pm »
Well, i dont think that Germany is a mess, but i dont personally think, that flow of migrants in Europe wont cause the problems. Collisions of cultures, customs and religions wont maketheir integration process that smooth.

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #1071 on: July 23, 2017, 05:53:02 pm »
Well, i dont think that Germany is a mess, but i dont personally think, that flow of migrants in Europe wont cause the problems. Collisions of cultures, customs and religions wont maketheir integration process that smooth.
sure there is a big potential for problems as you are saing, and i personally am not willing to dont let you think such thing. But what i am trying to say is: We got 1.000.000 refugees in round about one year here, and the world is still spinning. We are still living the same Way, we are handling the problem. And we wont loose our Culture, our Beliefs, our Way of Life. We are a strong democracy that is able to work with a lot of people coming with different culture etc. We did it in the 60ts with the turks/greeks, we did it in the 90s with the balcan people and we will do it with the syrians/mahgrebs

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 23, 2017, 07:11:38 pm »
Lol, Merkel messed up with her migrant policies in 2015 don't event try to pretend there are no problems. She had to massively backtrack after several disastrous election results (and had to publicly humiliate herself by admitting she made mistakes in order to stave off a challenge to her leadership). She had to get tough and now says:

a) They are only here temporarily and have to go back when the war ends
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12132657/Merkel-warns-asylum-seekers-that-German-refuge-is-temporary.html

b) She's reduced to having to pay them off at £1000 a pop to leave the country.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-offer-asylum-seekers-1200-euros-voluntarily-return-home-countries-refugees-crisis-merkel-a7561701.html

Oh and there's a backlog of 400,000 claims in the system but I'm sure as you say that everything is fine. I have a German friend who works as a government lawyer and got drafted in to help with the refugee system-she tells me the exact opposite of your 'everything is fine, nothing to see here' line. She says the whole thing is totally screwed, you've got mass fraud in the system, total chaos, ethnic/religious tensions within the shelters that frequently explode into violence, male 'refugees' frequently refusing to speak to her as she's a woman (management are now restricting female staff on 'frontline' duties as this is a recurring problem apparently), and people complaining that the streets aren't littered with gold as the smugglers had promised them. Indeed a migrant complained to her that he had 'lost everything' because he'd paid the smugglers £10,000 and wouldn't be able to get the money back and make a profit off coming to Germany.

The whole thing is perfectly encapsulated by this hilarious story from last year: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-tourist-idUSKCN10J206

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 23, 2017, 08:21:06 pm »
I persoanlly like the view of eastern europeans about migrants, like we dont need this kind of people polluting our land.

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #1075 on: July 23, 2017, 09:28:18 pm »
Spoiler
Lol, Merkel messed up with her migrant policies in 2015 don't event try to pretend there are no problems. She had to massively backtrack after several disastrous election results (and had to publicly humiliate herself by admitting she made mistakes in order to stave off a challenge to her leadership). She had to get tough and now says:

a) They are only here temporarily and have to go back when the war ends
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12132657/Merkel-warns-asylum-seekers-that-German-refuge-is-temporary.html

b) She's reduced to having to pay them off at £1000 a pop to leave the country.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-offer-asylum-seekers-1200-euros-voluntarily-return-home-countries-refugees-crisis-merkel-a7561701.html

Oh and there's a backlog of 400,000 claims in the system but I'm sure as you say that everything is fine. I have a German friend who works as a government lawyer and got drafted in to help with the refugee system-she tells me the exact opposite of your 'everything is fine, nothing to see here' line. She says the whole thing is totally screwed, you've got mass fraud in the system, total chaos, ethnic/religious tensions within the shelters that frequently explode into violence, male 'refugees' frequently refusing to speak to her as she's a woman (management are now restricting female staff on 'frontline' duties as this is a recurring problem apparently), and people complaining that the streets aren't littered with gold as the smugglers had promised them. Indeed a migrant complained to her that he had 'lost everything' because he'd paid the smugglers £10,000 and wouldn't be able to get the money back and make a profit off coming to Germany.

The whole thing is perfectly encapsulated by this hilarious story from last year: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-tourist-idUSKCN10J206
[close]
I did not say everything is fine, i Said "we are working on it" and thats a Fact. Your friend might be right but what do you expect with that large Ammount of people coming in. We are working on it but it will take time and thats everything i Said.
Yeah Merkel changed something afterwards, but that was reacting on how the things went not changing her political opinion or regreting her decision

I never said there is Not a Problem with the refugees. But i believe its one wen can solve and also act for the sake of humanity

What Merkel did was Not about political View or for the sake of Economy. It was about Thousands of people stranded on the hungarian-austrian Border. It was for the sake of humanity. And No matter what Problems came with that: Merkel will keep on beeing cancelor after the German election this year so there is a majority of people in Germany supporting her, many of them May do Not Support her refugee politics, but you cant agree with everything a politican does. But Fact is, as Long as a democatic majority is supporting her all in all she has the right to make such decisions, and if she looses the next election, she wont anymore. Thats how democatic countrys Work.

As said, yes the refugees caused a Lot of Problems, yes it will take years to solve them, but Germany is dooing good. We got a strong Economy, our political system is working (and yes it is also a sign of our working system that there are people who are against Merkels refugee politic). We will be doing good in Future and Just because there are black sheeps in a group of 1.000.000 people doesnt mean, we will all in all Not Take Advantage of this people while helping them
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:45:39 pm by VonBergen »

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 23, 2017, 09:58:32 pm »
I have said it before and I will say it again. If you honestly believe taking in so many immgrants and refugees that your system begins buckling under the strain (or even enough that it collapses entirely) will make any measurable difference in helping the poor and suffering of the world, you are hopelessly misled and/or kidding yourselves.

ELI5 why we should royal fuck over our own countries taking in millions of people that will only be replaced by tens of millions more every year in their home countries. Also taking in as immigrants the less disadvantaged, more "valuable" immigrants that would otherwise be the most likely to improve their own nations for the better.
Why am I still here

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 23, 2017, 11:01:48 pm »
I'd ike to look at that migrant, who would return to Syria/Libya/etc after war ends, or would take money for the return now. They saw good life in Europe, so why the hell they have to return to destroyed and devastated lands in their countries. I bet, those who came now will stay for awhile if not forever. Another question if would they make an effort to work in Europe to make their stay usefull for all. Maybe building fences and refusing migrants like on East is much wisely right now?

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1078 on: July 24, 2017, 11:50:46 am »
so why the hell they have to return to destroyed and devastated lands in their countries. I bet, those who came now will stay for awhile if not forever.

Because they prefer home? It happened before. Sure, a number will stay. A lot will go back. Those who do stay assimilate, usually.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1079 on: July 24, 2017, 09:35:44 pm »
All hail Seantor Kid Rock
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time