Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Hall of Fame  (Read 48797 times)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
Napoleonic Wars Hall of Fame
« on: January 14, 2017, 05:41:43 am »
Napoleonic Wars
Hall of Fame

Introduction

The Napoleonic Wars Hall of Fame was an idea that I thought up to recognize those all those people(North American, European, and everything in between I guess?) and who not only were fantastic players and leaders, but those who helped to promote and organize events, streamed and made videos, and enabled the community to grow and "thrive."

You may be asking yourself, "Who is this Dan character and why would he think that he is qualified to make a Hall of Fame for the trash community of Napoleonic Wars?" Well I'm glad you asked yourself that question. I don't think that I am qualified or knowledgeable enough to offer a fair and balanced view of those who have helped the community. As a result, I am asking that anyone that would like to offer their suggestions answer this form. If you would, please put who you believe are the 5 most deserving people in the community. From this grouping of players, a ballet of 20 players with be created and that will be voted on to see who the community believes deserves a spot in the limelight.     

The initial group of ten inductees are people, who in my opinion, shaped and contributed to the Napoleonic Wars community greatly. While I am not saying that my opinion is the greatest, they were ten people who enabled the growth of the community with their own different ways.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:04:25 am by Dan the Seagull Chef »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Napoleonic Wars Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 05:43:07 am »

Influential

Diplex
Bever
Thundersnow
Thunderstormer
Dekkers
Spoiler
Founder of many regiments, including the 63e(Not Karth's) and youtuber, Diplex enabled many people to have their start in the community.
[close]
Spoiler
The creator of the Napoleonic Wars League, NWL for short, Bever enabled competitive European regiments to have a league where they were able to determine who was actually the "best."
[close]
Spoiler
Host extraordinaire and NA 1 admin, Thundersnow showed that he was able to deal with the cancer of Napoleonic Wars to better the community and provide a wonderful experience to any that attended his events. Also, in a staunch atmosphere of serious grongards and Napoleonic enthusiasts, Thundersnow created the 00th Intergalactic Space Regiment which ran for a total of 5 years, and now lives on in his webcomic:  http://www.PlanetThundersnow.com

[close]
Spoiler
Head admin of NA 1 and a pretty decent cavalry player, Thunderstormer showed that he was capable of the mind-numbing task of dealing with the denizens of NA 1 on a regular basis whilst killing quite a few on his horse.
[close]
Spoiler
The maker of many of the maps in NW and PW, there are few map makers that have had the impact that Dekkers had made. 
[close]
Cenkris
Beanbean/Papabean
Amit
St3fan
Kaide
Spoiler
Throughout the years, I have learned that there is only three things for certain, death, taxes and 15th events. The 15th will and have always had some sort of event or server that is always populated. Due to this, Cenkris and the 15th have left a great mark on the community through their events and on their server. 
[close]
Spoiler
Host of Season 6 of NANWL, mapmaker, for many event maps(even today), and bush pirate, Beanbean recieved the most amounts of votes. This is most likely due to some unimaginable reason.
[close]
Spoiler
Moderator of Season 6 of NANWL and Admin of season 7, Amit has recently come to the forefront of NA hosting.
[close]
Spoiler
St3fan is probably most associated with being a server hoster for nearly every NW EU server that is based on the continent. The second thing that comes to mind is probably the 33rd siege server. The third thing that comes to mind when you think of St3fan is that he was apart of the 33rd command but most don't want to think that far.
[close]
Spoiler
Kaide, supposedly, runs the Napoleonic Wars Roleplay server along with Jailbreak. Supposedly he is also the commander of the 59th but neither of those facts can be confirmed. Also, he told me to say that, "I'm spokesman for the gay community too... I'm the only gay NW leader and i'm a champion of gay NW
."
[close]

Leaders

Tavington
Donald
Tico
AsianP
Spoiler
The leader of the 91st, Tavington showed their skill by winning the first season of the NWL. Tavington's fame later turned to infamy for various reasons.
[close]
Spoiler
The leader of the 92nd, McDonald showed that starting from the bottom is not always a terrible thing, through seasons two through 4 of NWL, McDonald and the 92nd were able to win their league each time until, in season 4, they won the first league.
[close]
Spoiler
The leader of the 12th, Tico enabled the regiment to outshine all others. Until they disbanded, under Tico, the 12th were practically unbeatable. Also under Tico's leadership, breachball was invented.
[close]
Spoiler
Leader of the 3eVolt/1er and NANWL Champion(once), Asian pretty much dominated the NA competitive scene besides the 71st and the 63e, but let's not talk about them.
[close]
Millander
Karth
PrideofNi
Spoiler
Back in the day, Millander was the leader of the FKI and reenactor extraordinaire. Mind you, this FKI was rather good. And by rather good I mean very good.
[close]
Spoiler
Leader of the 63e, Karth has won a ton of leagues and such and been around for forever(roughly). He is also rather hated by many. But he's done a lot so he deserves to list. Everyone is salty anyway so...
[close]
Spoiler
Of the K-KA, who do everything, a mister PrideofNi has won a few tournaments. PrideofNi may fit better into the influential(Groupfighting server, etc.) spot be he has quite a few leading accomplishments.
[close]

Players

Jackie Chan
Zzehth
Maple
Spoiler
Excellent Meleer and alright teacher, Jackie won many-a-tournament as well as provided a wonderful guide which gave many people the opportunity to better themselves.
[close]
Spoiler
Zzehth told me to mention his hosting and teaching careers but I can't really remember too much about that. I only really remember his melee stuff. His meleeinging career was pretty good. Whenever the duo of Jackie and Himself actually decided to show up, they pretty much were guaranteed to win. Oh, he was also decent at duels and groupfighting I guess.
[close]
Spoiler
A rather new face of the NA community, Maple has shown himself to be a decent meleer. He's a won a few tournaments here and there.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:26:30 am by Dan the Seagull Chef »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 05:43:18 am »
Acknowledgements

Scar's thread for giving me the idea

The various top 10 threads going around

Previous Poll Results

Poll to Create Ballot

Ballot

Original InducteesFirst Ballot Inductees
Diplex
Bever
Thundersnow
Thunderstormer
Dekkers
Cenkris
Tavington
Donald
Tico
Jackie Chan
Beanbean
Amit
St3fan
Kaide
AsianP
Millander
Karth
PrideofNi
Zzehth
Maple

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:18:00 am by Dan the Seagull Chef »

Offline Voodoo

• Corporal
  • 77y CN Voodoo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Voodoo
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 06:12:52 am »
+1

Offline StrandThe_Selmy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 03:49:53 pm »
Don't add me to this list pls.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:01:20 am by StrandThe_Selmy »

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 03:57:19 pm »
Donald was a fantastic leader. Miss being his 92nd. :'(
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 12:19:56 am by Garrel »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 04:13:31 pm »
That german guy who led the 84e - the regiment that was around for a long time and hosted the most populair siege server for quite a while.
What was his name?!?!? Aldemar, Aldmarel, something like that

Stefan possibly, the 33rd was / (is?) a pretty large regiment and 33rd Siege was (is?) the most populair siege server for a while. I don't play NW anymore so I wouldn't k now

And Dan ur a shit chef xd
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline StrandThe_Selmy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 04:15:30 pm »
That german guy who led the 84e - the regiment that was around for a long time and hosted the most populair siege server for quite a while.

Stefan possibly, the 33rd was / (is?) a pretty large regiment and 33rd Siege was (is?) the most populair siege server for a while. I don't play NW anymore so I wouldn't k now

Stefan left nearly two years ago.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 04:19:29 pm »

Time flies by... for that matter, many people on this list haven't been playing NW lately, have they?
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline StrandThe_Selmy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 04:23:09 pm »

Time flies by... for that matter, many people on this list haven't been playing NW lately, have they?

Aye it does.

Dekkers, NWRP still uses the Waterloo map, you crafted so well, so long-ago.

Offline Enriik

• Second Lieutenant
  • Honneur
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14e_SLt_Enriik
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 04:27:42 pm »

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 04:34:29 pm »
Lol if any of you old vets even remember who started the first actual successful linebattle tournament in this game  8)

Offline StrandThe_Selmy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 04:36:22 pm »
Lol if any of you old vets even remember who started the first actual successful linebattle tournament in this game  8)

Hardly rocket science it is NW

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 05:18:25 pm »

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 05:20:03 pm »
xd