Author Topic: How difficult is it making a fresh regiment?  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Valkyrie

• First Sergeant
  • Justice has returned
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
How difficult is it making a fresh regiment?
« on: September 10, 2016, 09:13:51 pm »
Considering the community player base is apparently on the decline and alot of bigger regiments tend to have the monopoly on new members, how hard is it to make a new regiment these days and is it even worth considering doing before banner lord? Nothing aiming for the skies, maybe 10 or so active people?

If it is worth trying to make one, what tips do people have?

Also if this is in the wrong section please remove it / move it and apologies :)

AeroNinja

Re: How difficult is it making a fresh regiment?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 09:18:03 pm »
Don't. Keep it for Bannerlord, I'd say.

Offline Valkyrie

• First Sergeant
  • Justice has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 09:23:10 pm »
Hmm, I will keep that in mind, perhaps it's best to make a holder one for now

AeroNinja

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 09:25:20 pm »
Well the problem is, it takes ages to get many people in it if you don't have a small group you do it with. People in public servers are savages if it comes to recruiting most of the time. Idk if you already can reserve a real historical based regiment already, but reserving a clan for Bannerlord won't be a bad idea.

But, that is just my opinion.

Offline janne2

• Second Lieutenant
  • 18e retard
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 11:39:29 pm »
almost as hard as forming a minecraft clan when you cant use your dads laptop to host a server

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 03:33:10 am »
I've seen alot of regiments recently pop up from almost nothing. Good example of that is probably the 8tes by lawrence he got a decent amount of members pretty quickly so its definitely possible.

Regarding bannerlord there is still a decent amount of time before it comes out (i think) so you still have time imo
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 04:16:21 am »
I've seen alot of regiments recently pop up from almost nothing. Good example of that is probably the 8tes by lawrence he got a decent amount of members pretty quickly so its definitely possible.

Regarding bannerlord there is still a decent amount of time before it comes out (i think) so you still have time imo
Thats completely different Aurum. You don't know Lawrence, he makes regiments every other month so he already has a following. The 74th I was in with Lawrence around 4-5 months ago had over 60 attendance at one point.

Also they were meant to do an event last week however never attended one and since their group has dropped by 5 people lol
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 04:24:59 am by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Robert Rogers

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 29th_Lt_Rogers
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 05:35:36 am »
In like 40 days or so the 29th (NA regiment) has grown from 3 people total to 30 people total, and getting close to 20 attendance. Definitely possible. Since EU is more populated than NA I'd say it might even be easier for you.
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." - Otto Von Bismarck

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 05:58:06 am »
In like 40 days or so the 29th (NA regiment) has grown from 3 people total to 30 people total, and getting close to 20 attendance. Definitely possible. Since EU is more populated than NA I'd say it might even be easier for you.
Not quite true. Public servers in EU are dead at the moment. Only one remotely populated is non recruitable owned by 59th.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 02:45:24 pm »

Thats completely different Aurum. You don't know Lawrence, he makes regiments every other month so he already has a following. The 74th I was in with Lawrence around 4-5 months ago had over 60 attendance at one point.

Also they were meant to do an event last week however never attended one and since their group has dropped by 5 people lol

Oh lol, well my bad i guess. Either way I still think it's possible.

A couple weeks ago i was trying to get recruits and i was able to get 3-4 in the matter of 4-5 days (not that astonishing) so if you're able to do regularly for a couple weeks then i'd believe you could get a decent amount of people fairly quickly.
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 03:35:18 pm »
Problem is you need to have a group there ready to do events. People don't want to join a regiment and not attend events because they are waiting for enough people. Frankly I wouldn't even join. Let alone wait around :P

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 08:41:49 pm »
You can do it. I did it 6 months ago with the AEF. ALTHOUGH IT WAS VERY VERY VERY VERY TIME CONSUMING AND ALL I THOUGHT ABOUT THROUGH THE WHOLE FUCKING DAY WAS MY REGIMENT WHEN I WOKE UP IT WAS THOUGHTS OF THE REGIMENT YOU HAVE TO EAT BREATH AND SLEEP IT. Not even kidding I wouldnt do it again the same way I did before. I also got very lucking. If you wanna add me on steam I can tell you how to do it. Although it is somthing you will have to spend about 1 1/2 months before you get where you want 10 guys active.