Poll

Would you like to see and or participate in a 1v1 sword tournament?

Yes
No, I would not like to participate but I wouldn't care one way or another if it happened.
No, keep tournaments bayonet only

Author Topic: Community Rep Thread (May-June) Last Update  (Read 18230 times)

Norwegian13

Re: Community Rep Thread (May-June) EU 1st UPDATE 3rd NA UPDATE
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2016, 02:52:54 pm »
Gokiller, give us EU updates dammit.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Community Rep Thread (May-June) EU 1st UPDATE 3rd NA UPDATE
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2016, 07:12:04 pm »
The update would contain about the same Mack has said in his update. But anyway, I guess some things can be mentioned of what has happened the past weeks. (Which isn't a lot.)

1. Major Event boards
 I had pushed the idea of having sub-boards for some of the major tournaments in the community. In order to give more attention to the tournament in question and to give the organisers of it more space for more then just one thread. And, as of now there a entire board dedicated to the EU League since a couple of weeks ago which is the first of the EU as a trial with the possibility for more major tournaments to have the same privilege. Like the NWEC and the major cavalry tournaments for example. And because of this, like Mack said there is from now on also a board for the NA league.

2. Some minor thread changes
Minor changes in some threads on the Forum & Website board. This was done because some threads that contained certain information regarding the forum were outdated and had dupes.

For the rest I helped in some minor issues in the community, but nothing more worth mentioning.

Then some other things I've been busy with but not spend to much time on considering I've been pretty busy with other stuff which are not related to the Napoleonic Wars community. All of these either have a dead end, or are things I still want to push a bit and see what's possible. But none of them have an ensurity that they will happen.

- Brought the idea to make use of the current (unused) Napoleonic Wars Official Steam group by putting advertisement up on it from time to time about a possible EU Public line battle / NA Public line battle. FSE was however against it, but I'm still planning on coming back on it in the next weeks to see if there's really no way to make it possible anyway to benefit the community in whatever way possible.

- Asking FSE to give some more information on what's going with the development of BCoF, considering there hasn't been any update/dev blog in months since the Alpha "Release" was announced. I'm of the opinion that FSE is doing a terrible job at staying in contact with the people that are potential customers for their new game. And therefore think they should step up their efforts in being interactive with them. By means of dev blogs for example. And not just the donators. Made a clear post on the announcement thread and contacted a member of FSE's team about it. Both without answer/luck. But I'm definitely planning to have more attempts to talk with FSE to see if we can at least get some kind of response.

- Made the suggestion to the owner of the FSE teamspeak to put it more in use for the community and promote it more so we can at least give it a try to bring it somewhat back to the level of activity before the majority of the people left the teamspeak after NW was released. Although there was no interest from FSE's side in this so it was a dead end.

- Been looking at the idea to start off a grand campaign with a (possibly) refreshing competitive side to it. However I simply don't have enough time to cover every aspect on it. And with that, it is doubtful if at this stage of the game. A major event like that would be plausible.

To the question if I will go for a second term: I'm not sure yet, currently it looks like I can't do much more then what has already been said and done. So it is possibly the best that someone with a fresh eye on things should take it over in the next term. But like I said, I've not decided about that yet.

It's not a lot, but then again. There is not a lot more we as CR's can do.
If there are questions you can always send a PM.

- Gokiller
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:25:41 pm by Gokiller »

Norwegian13

Re: Community Rep Thread (May-June) Last Update
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2016, 03:35:38 pm »
Me and Siwi will probably make a new thread for our updates once we start posting them, but I thought I'd put this here and say that if there is anything you need, you can reach me either through Steam or by PM'ing me on the FSE Forums.

Should my Steam Friendlist be full, PM me on the forums and I'll sort it out.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Noorwegian/

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2016, 03:58:18 pm »
The surprise I talked about is going to be continued by Siwi. Hopefully, it leads to a lot less clutter in the event folder.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2016, 06:03:23 pm »
I fucking love suprises

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob Ross
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2016, 07:10:09 pm »
I fucking love Mack.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2016, 01:25:11 am »
Yo duuring I want a yellow name

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2016, 07:01:02 pm »
Tfw when waiting on the next update, hint you will hear terms such as "Sorry guys, was busy with other things" or "Guys, things were hectic! I finally had time to do what I was voted to do!"

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2016, 07:21:02 pm »
Tfw when waiting on the next update, hint you will hear terms such as "Sorry guys, was busy with other things" or "Guys, things were hectic! I finally had time to do what I was voted to do!"
tfw when somebody says tfw when

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2016, 10:56:35 pm »
 :-\