Author Topic: Roll to Dodge I: Caribbean Islands Remake[8/10] [Closed]  (Read 27932 times)

Offline Nativemann

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Roll to Dodge I: Caribbean Islands Remake[4/5] (WIP) [Reservations Open]
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 03:05:20 am »
Thanks for your support guys. As soon as we get a 5th character i will do the 1st turn.
Also an explanation for health is added to the description.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:34:09 am by Nativemann »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 03:50:25 am »
Name: Carlito Leon
Background: Of Spanish descent, he is a simple wanderer who always seems to find himself in trouble, he wanders from town to town hoping to find meaning in his life.
Profession: Nomad
Objective: To find a place in the Caribbean, and maybe even make a name for himself.
Attributes:
  ~STR: 1
  ~AGI: 2
  ~DEX: 1
  ~INT: 0
  ~CHA: 1

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Nativemann

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 04:25:43 am »
Caribbean Islands, year 1714. Pirates ravage the seas, and colonial governments war against each other. New individuals have just arrived in Port Royal, a colony under British rule that is no stranger to piracy.

Dan steps off the boat and onto the stone of the Port Royal harbor. The first thing that he does is take a smell of the place, to see what he'll be dealing with. The stench is pretty bad, telling him that there will definitely be some work to do, to make this a place of aromatic dishes and sweets!
Dan Cheffington 23gp
Profession: Chef
Health: 10/10 HP
Inventory:
  -Chef's Knife [+2 to base damage]
  -Apron
  -Average clothing [+1 to damage reduction]
Objective: Rule over all fine foods of the Caribbean
Attributes:
  ~AGI: 1
  ~INT: 1
[close]

Samuel steps of a ship with it's colors lowered, looking back toward the stern at a man who stands tall. He walks a bit than turns back around a gets in an argument with this guy, it is his previous captain no doubt. As they continue to trade foul words he sees the captain wave at 3 crewmen unloading some cargo. Samuel starts running toward the town center and is too shocked to look back
Samuel Harris 12gp
Profession: Pirate Quartermaster
Health: 13/13 HP
Inventory:
  -Fine Tunic & Trousers(Fine: +1 to reduction) [+2 to damage reduction]
  -Flintlock Pistol (Adjusted: +1 to accuracy) [Allows ranged combat, +2 accuracy to base DEX]
Objective: Become the most notorious pirate in the Caribbean (and have the best chef aboard his ship ;P)
Attributes:
  ~STR:1
  ~AGI:1
  ~DEX:0
  ~INT:2
  ~CHA:1
[close]

An unknown man washes upon shore coughing up water and with ruined clothes. A man just happens to be passing by and rushes to this washed ashore man. They trade names and the fisherman helps Jackson to his hut outside of Port Royal.
Jackson Dunkeld 2gp
Profession: Pirate
Inventory:
  -Cutlass (Average: no bonus) [+4 to base damage]
  -Average clothing (Torn: -1 to reduction) [+2 to damage reduction]
  -Flintlock Pistol (Broken) [Allows ranged combat, +2 accuracy to base DEX]
Objective: Begin his own pirate crew and sail the seas
Attributes:
  ~DEX:2
  ~INT:0
[close]

Robert disembarks a ship, with his head lowered and face hidden. He looks up at the town and the troops around the dockyard, twirling the knives beneath his cloak with a grin. Slowly, walking away from the ships and into the town's center whistling. His stomach growls as it has been a long voyage and with terrible food but, no matter he has coins from sailors he killed during a storm.
Robert Hall 14gp
Profession: Unknown
Health: 12/12 HP
Inventory:
   -Iron Dagger (Rusty: -1 to bonus) [+2 to base damage]
  -Throwing Knives (Poisoned: +1 to damage) [Allows ranged Combat, -1 accuracy to base DEX]
  -Cloak [+1 to sneaking, +1 to damage reduction]
Objective: Become the best Assassin in history
Attributes:
  ~STR: 0
  ~AGI:  2
[close]

Carlito steps through the forest not too deep outside of Port Royal. His half broken musket rested against his shoulder, and his trusty hunting knife wet with blood from a fresh kill. He crouches over the deer he managed to kill. Silently as he skins the hide with great thoughts roaming through his head.
Carlito Leon 6gp
Inventory:
  -Matchlock Musket (Off: -1 to accuracy) [+3 accuracy to base dex]
  -Hunting Knife (Average: no bonus) [+3 to base damage]
  -Ragged clothing [No damage reduction]
Objective: To find a place in the Caribbean, and maybe even make a name for himself.
Attributes:
[close]

William being a native person to Port Royal knew it's area like the back of his hand. Yet that does not come without consequence most of the other townsman think poorly of him or the thugs and fighters of Port Royal believe him to be ahead of himself. Which, is the case considering he has been in many fights and survived, William is at ease when it comes to a brawl. We meet this character in a back alley where he is cut off by one man and another appears behind him, a hostile vibe floats in the air as they have wicked grins and evil laughs.
William "The Doctor" Sharp 26gp
Profession: Brute
Inventory:
  -Hunting Knife (Sharpened: +1 to bonus) [+3 to base damage]
  -Freelack Tunic [+2 damage reduction]
Objective: Making good money.
Attributes:
  ~STR: 2
  ~DEX: 0
  ~CHA: 0
[close]

Aboard the SS Titan sailing for Port Royal before getting hailed by the royal flagship HMS Blue. The ship immediately lowered sails and got out of dodge leaving the flagship sometime behind. Tlaloc and a few others will quickly disembark and the SS Titan will leave again to get away before the HMS Blue catching up. Now all there is to do but, wonder how this new tale will play out in a peaceful zone... or so we would like to think.
Tlaloc 10 gp
Profession: Ex-Colonial Cavalryman
Inventory:
  -Cavalry Sabre (Average: no bonus) [+5 to base damage]
  -Poncho [No damage reduction]
  -Fine linen [+2 damage reduction]
Objective: Wanderlust. As soon as his conscription ended, he decided to travel with no particular destination in mind. Faith had brought him into Port Royal as, after wandering the streets of Veracruz, he found out about a ship sailing there.
Attributes: Five points to spend
  ~CHA: 2
[close]

We visit this ranker garrisoned in the barracks close to the fort not given a patrol yet. Everyone hears the town bell and the barracks goes insane people are going everywhere straightening things and preparing for the HMS Blue captain's arrival.
WIlliam Jones 30 gp
Profession: British Ranker
Inventory:
  -Musket (Adjusted: +1 to accuracy) [+5 accuracy to base dex]
    -Musket (Bayonet) [+3 to base damage]
  -Red Coat [+3 damage reduction]
  -White Uniform [No damage reduction]
  -Red Hat[+1 damage reduction]
Objective: Eventually wants to settle down and have a new colonial life.
  ~STR: 2
  ~AGI: 0
  ~INT: 2
  ~CHA: 0
[close]

An ex-military major for the british is on the docks with his crew and ship. They begin their story wanting to set out and become pirates with a 12 gun re-armed Yaht. Only time will tell how their new lifestyle will turn out.. The retired major has only a 15 man crew will him, all keeping their military gear of bayonet muskets and having decent english swords.
Arthur Montgomery 100 gp
Profession: Pirate Captain(Armed Yaht)
Health: 15/15 HP
Inventory:
  -Black Tricon(Gold Trim)[+3 damage reduction]
 -Red Trenchcoat(Gold Trim)[+5 damage reduction]
 -English Straight sword (Average: no bonus) [+5 to base damage]
  -Duelist Pistol (Adjusted: +1 to accuracy) [Allows ranged combat, +3 accuracy to base DEX]
  ~AGI: 0
  ~DEX: 0
  ~INT: 3
[close]

Let the carnage began!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:39:08 pm by Nativemann »

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
Re: Roll to Dodge I: Caribbean Islands Remake[5/5] (ONGOING)
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 04:30:13 am »
Robert looks for the nearest place to eat.
click here to join the 84th

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 04:30:55 am »
OOC: You should always double-check what you've written to avoid spelling and grammar errors
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Nativemann

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 04:32:41 am »
OOC: You should always double-check what you've written to avoid spelling and grammar errors
All is well i made sure when i was writing it all out

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 04:35:30 am »
Jack has arrived at the stranger's hut.
"I dont think I caught your name, stranger."
Jack looks around for any promising loot in the man's hut. Too many years a pirate has left him morally scarred

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 04:37:50 am »
OOC: Also I was thinking maybe you could do updates as soon as all players have posted. At least early on to speed things up as there are only 5 and its the intro

Offline Nativemann

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 04:40:20 am »
OOC: Also I was thinking maybe you could do updates as soon as all players have posted. At least early on to speed things up as there are only 5 and its the intro
I will do post periodically and try to group events together when certain people are in same area. So yeah it's along the lines of what you are talking about. Sit back and enjoy yourself i will be committed to this RTD.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2015, 04:42:08 am »
I will do post periodically and try to group events together when certain people are in same area. So yeah it's along the lines of what you are talking about. Sit back and enjoy yourself i will be committed to this RTD.
Thank you. In the meantime we can both enjoy Volk's BoP

Offline Nativemann

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 05:16:28 am »
Robert looks for the nearest place to eat.
Robert Hall
Robert clinches his stomach than decides to head towards the nearest tavern but, is stopped by a loud and cheerful boy. (6) The boy grabs Robert hand and guides him toward a fruit stand off to the side of the town center. (4) They walk to the stand and the boy's mother Robert assumes is there, she slowly hands him half a pie with a flirtatious smile. (5) They talk as he eats posed relax against the sturdy wooden booth.

Jack has arrived at the stranger's hut.
"I dont think I caught your name, stranger."
Jack looks around for any promising loot in the man's hut. Too many years a pirate has left him morally scarred
Jackson Dunkeld
The man replies, Jacob after turning away. (2v3) Jackson sees this as a perfect opportunity to scope out the man's belongings, however the man turns around and asks Jackson, "why such a interested eye scanning his hovel?" (1v3) Jackson begins to frown as he sees nothing of value that would satisfy his empty pockets and says about how where he grew up this hovel is an improvement. The fisherman clinches his fist and glares, "Are you mocking me sonny?" (5v1) "No siry", says Jackson. "I really mean this is better than where i come from." Jacob relaxes his fist and relaxes before patting Jackson shoulder. "This hovel is a pile of fish waste and living in a place like this will not get you the ladies. Start new and strive high my friend."

Samuel, knowing that a 1v3 would be difficult especially since he forgot his cutlass, continues to run towards the town center. Once, Samuel gets to the town center he looks around desperately for someone to help him in the fight.
(1v5) Samuel keeps running and is too in shock to pay attention where he is going. Thus he runs into a woman carrying a basket of oranges and the crewman are right on his tail. (5v3) Thankfully this scene has attracted 2 guards nearby on patrol and they slowly come towards them approaching an opposite direction. One crewman is eager and fires his pistol but, fails when Samuel uses the basket as cover. (6v1) Samuel takes a shot using the basket as stabilizer and nails the biggest man that is nearly on him. The guards increased their spend from the first shot and one manages to get there with the bandits. Swinging his large halberd he spends one flying with huge gash in stomach, critical 9 damage[bleeding]. (6v6) Samuel stays put on the ground and avoid the guard mighty swing, putting his gun away and keep the female down as well. The last crewman fires his pistol point blank at the guard on sight and it sticks in his armor. (3v1) The other guardsman finally approaches and signals the one near Sam to attack opposite sides. The pirate barely is able to pull out his sword before his head and legs fly off in different directions.
The guards now turn their attention to Samuel and both form an X with their halberds over his body. "Speak lively or forever hold your peace!"

After the kill, Carlito goes into town to look for a merchant to sell the hide to, and to feast upon his fresh meal.
(3) Carlito has nothing but excitement after this fresh and outstanding kill. Gathering deer hide that will unfortunately sell poor for being cut in terrible dimensions. (4) He gathers the hide and hangs it over his belt he found in an abandoned cabin ways back before continuing towards Port Royal. A town he has yet to venture but heard so many good tales about during his travels. (2) He arrives to the town in little to no time however, developing an itch from the deer's hide... He continues onward to look for an merchant stand nonetheless. (1) Walking through town he approaches to what seems to be a good window store and no longer can control the itching from the hide.
Carlito reaches the merchant but is looked at with disgust and the guy leaves saying he is closed. Carlito believes he has developed something serious

Robert Hall 14gp
Inventory:
   -Iron Dagger (Rusty: -1 to bonus) [+2 to base damage]
  -Throwing Knives (Poisoned: +1 to damage) [Allows ranged Combat, -1 accuracy to base DEX]
  -Cloak [+1 to sneaking, +1 to damage reduction]
Attributes:
  ~AGI:  2
[close]
Jackson Dunkeld 2gp
Profession: Pirate
Inventory:
  -Cutlass (Average: no bonus) [+4 to base damage]
  -Average clothing (Torn: -1 to reduction) [+2 to damage reduction]
  -Flintlock Pistol (Broken) [Allows ranged combat, +2 accuracy to base DEX]
Attributes:
  ~DEX:2
  ~INT:0
[close]
Samuel Harris 12gp
Profession: Pirate Quartermaster
Inventory:
  -Fine Tunic & Trousers(Fine: +1 to reduction) [+2 to damage reduction]
  -Flintlock Pistol (Adjusted: +1 to accuracy) [Allows ranged combat, +2 accuracy to base DEX]
Objective: Become the most notorious pirate in the Caribbean (and have the best chef aboard his ship ;P)
Attributes:
  ~DEX:0
  ~INT:2
[close]
Carlito Leon 6gp
Inventory:
  -Matchlock Musket (Off: -1 to accuracy) [+3 accuracy to base dex]
  -Hunting Knife (Average: no bonus) [+3 to base damage]
  -Ragged clothing [No damage reduction]
  -Leather belt [+1 item]
Attributes:
[close]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 06:55:50 pm by Nativemann »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 05:25:18 am »
Samuel, knowing that a 1v3 would be difficult especially since he forgot his cutlass, continues to run towards the town center. Once, Samuel gets to the town center he looks around desperately for someone to help him in the fight.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 05:28:53 am »
After the kill, Carlito goes into town to look for a merchant to sell the hide to, and to feast upon his fresh meal.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 07:11:53 am »
OOC: editing the posts was quite confusing, just post with the new actions to avoid confusion next time :D

After enjoying his meal, Robert hears and sees some commotion happening nearby. Robert attempts to gather intelligence on what is happening.
click here to join the 84th

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 09:01:24 am »
This started overnight.  :'(