16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 976421 times)

Offline Pinkamena

• Second Lieutenant
  • En Svenske Tiger.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NyJg_Ov_Rin_Tohsaka
  • Side: Union
Re: Iron Europe - WWI Mod
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2012, 10:10:55 pm »
When you put something like this on a forum, what do you think people will do?

Also, I do not envy the task of finding Ottoman unit names...scarce records oh my...

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2012, 10:11:50 pm »
It becomes a public matter the moment it comes to a public forum. Unsurprisingly, saying 'this is a private matter' doesn't really change that. As such, I would advise you both to delete your posts if you wish for it to remain 'private'.
You try preaching to me "decency", yet Aldmar has not expressed any towards me or my fellows.

I can USE CAPS WHILE EDITING TOO. Because I'm COOL LIKE THAT.

I would certainly appreciate it if you didn't 'yell' at everyone.
I use it as bold to exemplify certain points. Some boards and websites I visit do not have a code for Bold, thus I use Caps instead as a substitute.

And I can certainly understand the need to bring this to light with the 'public', actually. There's a saying; 'Never give an order that won't be followed.' that fits this situation nicely. Basically, don't waste your effort if the person isn't going to listen.
Because Aldmar needs his "fanbois" to back him up.

When you put something like this on a forum, what do you think people will do?
I didn't confront Aldmar, Aldmar confronted me.
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2012, 10:24:35 pm »
You try preaching to me "decency", yet Aldmar has not expressed any towards me or my fellows.

Well seeing as he's posted here.. what, once? I must base my assumptions upon what I see, which in this case results in you being the aggressor after he asks you to change your name.

I use it as bold to exemplify certain points. Some boards and websites I visit do not have a code for Bold, thus I use Caps instead as a substitute.

Given that bold is a very prominent code within the menu for constructing a post, that's a tad silly.

Because Aldmar needs his "fanbois" to back him up.

No, but rather because it seems you're so consumed with the idea of being the 84th of Line that you haven't taken into account that someone else might want to use the name, seeing as they've used it for years.

And Jorge, I imagine you'd idly sit by and allow someone to reserve the 8th Battalion of The King's Regiment, correct? Or would you pitch a holy fit until they change their name?

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2012, 10:30:02 pm »
It's a force of habit. I'm sorry if it bugs you.

Jorge would sit by. And guess what, there is an 8th's Battalion for Iron Europe, and Jorge doesn't care! Because it's just a game!

I invited Aldemar to our Teamspeak for a friendly conversation. What I got was a brash man, unable to compromise, who would not accept anything we would say, and was very confrontational. Using language such as "you've made me resort to threats", "We're waging war with you now" etc... Not a good impression of him, his regiment, or supporters.

It's very frustrating to me to have someone be so rude to you, especially when I am trying to compromise.

As I said, Aldmer and I are trying to get this worked out in private, and I really don't want to talk of it publicly until anything is truly finalized.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:36:07 pm by bdd458 »
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2012, 10:31:09 pm »
May i reserve the 84e but rename it 784692eTYD ?

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:32 pm »
It's a force of habit.

Jorge would sit by. And guess what, there is an 8th's Battalion for Iron Europe, and Jorge doesn't care! Because it's just a game!

I invited Aldemar to our Teamspeak for a friendly conversation. What I got was a brash man, unable to compromise, who would not accept anything we would say, and was very confrontational. Using language such as "you've made me resort to threats", "We're waging war with you now" etc... Not a good impression of him, his regiment, or supporters.

There's an 8th Battalion, aye, but not one specifically from the regiment that the 8th RoF became in 1881. (That being "The King's Regiment")

I'd be confrontational too, and I actually should be, seeing as the 9th Light merged with the 84th Line before the Great War, thus I theoretically have as much right to the name as Aldemar.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:36:04 pm by TheBoberton »

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2012, 10:38:57 pm »
It's a force of habit.

There's an 8th Battalion, aye, but not one specifically from the regiment that the 8th RoF became in 1881. (That being "The King's Regiment")

I'd be confrontational too, and I actually should be, seeing as the 9th Light merged with the 84th Line before the Great War, thus I theoretically have as much right to the name as Aldemar.
I did it as a gesture of good will, looking to find a solution that everyone can agree upon peacefully. I was fully ready to comprise and work it out like grown men, and not like small children. But he left angrily, without accomplishing anything. Myself and Jorge, we tried being nice, we tried compromising. But all we got was a man too big for others.

Maybe my replies have seemed brash, but when someone throws the hospitality I have shown away, I'm going to be a bit brash.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:42:33 pm by bdd458 »

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2012, 10:42:17 pm »
Ok every body take a deep breath and chill.I am going to back bdd here because he reved the regiment name some time ago and the NW regs getting first pick of there later brother regimets is something some people made just to have a failsafe incase some one got the reg name before them.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2012, 10:57:15 pm »
Guys please keep this out of the thread. I'm trying to come up with a solution with those involved through personal messages.

Offline Hoffmann

• Sergeant
  • Your Glorious Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [13te] Uffz.Hoffmann
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2012, 01:06:43 am »
Anyway. Jaja, it appears I have indeed created tags... "13tes_"

Surprise surprise. Took 2 hours to decide on them though... >:(

Offline Hoffmann

• Sergeant
  • Your Glorious Comrade
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2012, 01:08:12 am »
And, for a sig. I'd like something like you would have, except Bavarian(Or just German, if you're lazy) WW1 Era soldiers with the Bavarian flag fading, like in your Ottoman one.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2012, 01:44:03 am »
 This thread got posted into the ground... as in, up to the top of the in development mods, where I think it will remain for quite some time... poor other mods... anyways, good luck again, IE team! I'm going to be setting up something pretty big soon, so everyone, hold thine breaths.

Offline Hoffmann

• Sergeant
  • Your Glorious Comrade
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2012, 03:28:49 am »
Glory to the Iron Europe Mod and Bavaria!...mainly Bavaria... :D

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin