16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 976127 times)

Offline pod455

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Padraig
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #13 German Weapons.2)
« Reply #555 on: January 07, 2013, 09:26:00 pm »
Looks good, but I'm confused. Will all classes get a shovel instead of a sword/butterknife and be allowed to build section of trenches, which encourages teamwork/regiments and digging in as a group or will there be some muscle man that is a sapper that can build a trench as quick as 5 other guys.  I believe it would be easier for the latter but the former is more realistic.  I would be really disappointing is maps came with  trenches already and you couldn't build your own cause that would really blow in my opinion.  Well it doesn't matter anyways.  Everything else looks good can't wait!!!! *turns on can't touch this in background while moonwalking across room and counting off the day until the Dev. Team releases the well... release date and then start literally playing the shit out of this mod  8)*
when people create trenches in-game it wont feel as good as having a proper trench or do you expect people to build stuff like this?
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
  • Side: Union
« Reply #556 on: January 07, 2013, 11:40:32 pm »
Looks good, but I'm confused. Will all classes get a shovel instead of a sword/butterknife and be allowed to build section of trenches, which encourages teamwork/regiments and digging in as a group or will there be some muscle man that is a sapper that can build a trench as quick as 5 other guys.  I believe it would be easier for the latter but the former is more realistic.  I would be really disappointing is maps came with  trenches already and you couldn't build your own cause that would really blow in my opinion.  Well it doesn't matter anyways.  Everything else looks good can't wait!!!! *turns on can't touch this in background while moonwalking across room and counting off the day until the Dev. Team releases the well... release date and then start literally playing the shit out of this mod  8)*

I have no clue how player made trenches would work. There is no way to implement such a feature and have the trenches resemble anything close to real trenches. And...seriously? You want clean maps with no trenches? That's really against the idea of WWI, long permanent lines of trenches, each side trying to break through. Trenches weren't made in a day, and definitely not in 5 minutes(which is what it would be like if trenches needed to be created in game).

Offline Francis Warren

• Sergeant
  • TASTE THE WINDMILL, LOVE THE WINDMILL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Rfl_Francis_Warren
« Reply #557 on: January 08, 2013, 12:37:48 am »
Not player created trenches, but maybe player created sapper lines that are created between the trenches, so men could avoid deadly machine gun fire (but not artillery), the only downfall with this would be the time span of how long it would take to create one of these...

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #558 on: January 08, 2013, 07:02:31 am »
True, maybe maps with those perma trenches but makeshift really shitty ones that give just basic cover and can be built within maybe a couple minute.  Should have gone a little more in depth with question tho.  The animation could be a makeshift one that looks like earthworks on top of another earthwork and mabye sandbags on top.  It is one sided and as I said already shitty.  It can still take a bullet or bullets.  It at least means that events are not totally biased towards the defenders.

Edit: I believe Sapper lines would be good but only for traveling from arty positions to the perma trenches and not to the makeshift trenches I proposed.  I'm not a modder but still believe it would be easy enough (since they have made badass weapons) to just replace the chavaux de fries's animation and such to the design like this except with only the side showing up and it being higher up at least to waist level which allows you to kneel behind cover.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:30:21 am by Noodlenrice »

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #559 on: January 08, 2013, 07:30:41 am »
I think something better would be planks for getting over barbed wire, barbed wire cutters, Small barbed wire sections (to block off trench paths), or possibly crappy little sandbags about 3 men wide and 1m tall.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #560 on: January 08, 2013, 07:59:01 am »
There's been talk of being able to be prone and the ability to sprint, but could there also be the option for movement while crouched, possibly even prone if it is implemented?
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 08, 2013, 07:59:09 am »
True, maybe maps with those perma trenches but makeshift really shitty ones that give just basic cover and can be built within maybe a couple minute.  Should have gone a little more in depth with question tho.  The animation could be a makeshift one that looks like earthworks on top of another earthwork and mabye sandbags on top.  It is one sided and as I said already shitty.  It can still take a bullet or bullets.  It at least means that events are not totally biased towards the defenders.

Edit: I believe Sapper lines would be good but only for traveling from arty positions to the perma trenches and not to the makeshift trenches I proposed.  I'm not a modder but still believe it would be easy enough (since they have made badass weapons) to just replace the chavaux de fries's animation and such to the design like this except with only the side showing up and it being higher up at least to waist level which allows you to kneel behind cover.

The terrain can't be edited during game play(to my knowledge, I've never seen any mod manage that) so player placed trenches would be on top of the ground. Basically, they would look completely awful.

Edit: I feel like I'm misunderstanding your post, but that may just be because it's late. So I'm probably blabbing silly things right now. xD Anyways, to the silliness. I don't know what an animation of a "earthwork on top of another earthwork" looks like. I don't see what some mounds of dirt would need an animation for. Still, I find a lack of need for these player constructed trenches. As I said, they would be above ground and look really stupid. Also, you already have normal NW mounds and sandbags to serve the purpose of cover in no man's land, and look exactly the same as what you're describing. Again, I'm probably misreading, and if you have a more detailed explanation I'd love to hear it.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:22:07 am by Rigadoon »

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #562 on: January 08, 2013, 09:38:24 pm »
New signatures for you Mr. Rigadoon
Spoiler

Code
[url=https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=184.0][img width=397 height=290]http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/10ca5cd229fef52ebafd7107955b3387.jpg[/img][/url]
[close]
Spoiler

Code
[url=https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=184.0][img width=350 height=215]http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/572a22b50cc4270bf4b4a2f40f9b182b.jpg[/img][/url]
[close]
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #563 on: January 08, 2013, 10:53:57 pm »
Yeah what I meant was like the permanent trenches that come with the map.  Then like the chavaux due freis is already half way to waist then replace the animation with dirt piled up that is almost impossible to penetrate with bullets (due to the damage taken which will take some changes in the "stats" of the objects.  I'm not able to give example due to me being away from computer atm.  As soon as I can get to my computer I may post an example picture if I can scavenge for one.  One more question.  Will there be barbed wire that can only be destroyed through wire cutters or artillery fire. Love the texturing of the weapons.  Hope the battles and maps are not totally biased to defenders.  I don't expect to make fortified trenches but basic waist high dirt mounds to kneel or (hopefully) be prone behind.

Edit: I hope their is a prone position because if you could move only when fully erect then the scoreboard for the MG's score will blow up the scoreboard.

Here is Example of what it would look like: Just don't include the dug down part and make the dirt up to the waist.  Note: This is a British Trench that staged attacks.  Hopefully the brits are in the game cause they were the "smart alecs" that thought to always be on the offensive even when their (before the americans) only Major ally was this // close to losing it's capital.  (In my opinion Let's not start a Argument in this beautiful thread).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:01:47 am by Noodlenrice »

Offline Waterbeetle

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Volumed
« Reply #564 on: January 10, 2013, 02:21:52 pm »
Waterbeetle's sigs:

Code
[URL=https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=184.0][img]http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4898/irongermany.png[/img][/URL]
Für den Kaiser und Vaterland!

Code
[URL=https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=184.0][img]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4889/ironengland.png[/img][/URL]
For King and country!

Code
[URL=https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=184.0][img]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7947/ironfrench.png[/img][/URL]
Vive La France!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:30:32 pm by Waterbeetle »

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 11, 2013, 05:51:29 am »
Much appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Waterbeetle

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Volumed
« Reply #566 on: January 11, 2013, 09:11:15 am »
Much appreciated. Thanks!

You're welcome, can't wait for the mod.  :)

Offline LordAdder

• First Lieutenant
  • I LOVE the round things!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: John_Adder
« Reply #567 on: January 11, 2013, 05:54:28 pm »
Is there any way to make an animation for the player to bolt the gun after each shot?

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 11, 2013, 11:15:28 pm »
Is there any way to make an animation for the player to bolt the gun after each shot?

Already in.

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #569 on: January 12, 2013, 02:06:41 am »

Already in.
Will you have to press a button to pull the bolt back or will it be automatic, if you had to click a button or left click to pull the bolt back that would be amazing :-)
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb