16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 976295 times)

Offline Fyzzaraya

• Second Lieutenant
  • The Lion
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sagamichi the Immortal
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #12 German Weapons)
« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2012, 04:21:00 pm »
I Think the barbed wire should be able to be built by engineers but also as prop. I really dont know how mines would work, hence i dont know if the game engine will hold that or support that. They can construct walls of sand bags thats something thats already in...
and so on. But ill keep brainstorming

(Mines)I think its the same as a cannonball hitting the ground,but there must be something to trigger it...

Offline Rejestone

• Second Lieutenant
  • Für das Vaterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skullzdeath
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #511 on: December 29, 2012, 04:27:47 pm »
I Think the barbed wire should be able to be built by engineers but also as prop. I really dont know how mines would work, hence i dont know if the game engine will hold that or support that. They can construct walls of sand bags thats something thats already in...

(Mines)I think its the same as a cannonball hitting the ground,but there must be something to trigger it...
Why not have it bigger? sure it'll kill more people, but it should leave alot of smoke so the attackers have some concealment.

-Skullz

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
  • Side: Union
« Reply #512 on: December 29, 2012, 04:33:19 pm »

Why not have it bigger? sure it'll kill more people, but it should leave alot of smoke so the attackers have some concealment.

-Skullz
Never forget those who have bad computers! That would lag alot of people out, as there is alot of people with just regular everyday PC's instead of gaming ones.

Offline baz44331

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 29, 2012, 07:21:25 pm »
epic mod, I love WW1 you guys are doing a great job.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #514 on: December 29, 2012, 08:41:15 pm »
Spoiler

-Skullz
Never forget those who have bad computers! That would lag alot of people out, as there is alot of people with just regular everyday PC's instead of gaming ones.
[close]
Connor we all know you have a bad pc :) but i'm pretty sure even with low settings your pc would be able to handle it. The mines shouldn't be to big I would say something like a howitzer shell maybe a tad bigger

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 29, 2012, 09:44:49 pm »
Spoiler

-Skullz
[close]
Connor we all know you have a bad pc :) but i'm pretty sure even with low settings your pc would be able to handle it. The mines shouldn't be to big I would say something like a howitzer shell maybe a tad bigger
Howitzers lag me out.  :'( But I do like the idea and I will play not matter what.

Offline pod455

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Padraig
« Reply #516 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03:16 am »
Yeah i realised that seemed "what".

I ment its unlikely CoE will finish, IE will totally finish.

But im actually going to leave CoE, Going to create a secret mod with a bunch of others, just brainstorming ideas for the name.

-Skullz
not very secret now that you just annouced it   ::)

Offline Pinkamena

• Second Lieutenant
  • En Svenske Tiger.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NyJg_Ov_Rin_Tohsaka
« Reply #517 on: December 30, 2012, 02:41:53 am »
Yeah i realised that seemed "what".

I ment its unlikely CoE will finish, IE will totally finish.

But im actually going to leave CoE, Going to create a secret mod with a bunch of others, just brainstorming ideas for the name.

-Skullz
not very secret now that you just annouced it   ::)

It's the thought that counts, mate!

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #518 on: December 30, 2012, 11:14:29 pm »
And Rig, for marching, is the animation gonna be different were the soldier has his weapon slung over his shoulder or carrying it from the butt of the weapon?
We don't really have an animator(besides Azrooh, who has limited time) so there isn't much we can do with animations at the moment. We may do away with marching completely and change the system to jog/sprint instead of march/jog. Having all three would be nice but it really all depends on what is possible. In any case, I doubt a weapon-slung-over-shoulder animation would translate well into a shooting animation, or really anything else.
Just curious and I don't know if your the authority on this, but how would events be set-up? Because lines obviously wont work so I'm curious to know how formations will go or if its just gonna be everyone over the top.

It's really up to the event hosters on how they their regiments to fight. People have talked about simple squad battles, basically just line battles without the lines, people move and fight in loose blobs. There are tons of other ideas that were put up. Ideally, when the mod is released, there will be different events to suit different tastes.

Just curious to know what will the sappers (or Engineers) be able to build in Iron Europe different than the constructions of NW and NaS? (Like Trenches, barbed wire etc)
I don't have a solid answer for that yet. Personally, I would rather just do away with most of the building and limit it to digging small mounds. In NW being able to create fortifications comes in handy, but in WWI, where most of the maps already have trenches and bunkers, I don't really see the point. But that's just me. :P

Offline HWMHall

• Captain
  • Military History Guru
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Fus_Hall
« Reply #519 on: December 31, 2012, 04:13:00 am »
Just keep chugging guys and this will turn out great.  8) I'm pulling for you.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:57:14 am by HWMHall »

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
« Reply #520 on: December 31, 2012, 04:20:57 am »
Any plans for some urban maps? Not like NW European City, but LOTS of buildings, alleys, so on and so fourth? (Preferably all the buildings able to be entered). Would make for some interesting squad on squad combat. ;)

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #521 on: December 31, 2012, 09:25:58 am »
sounds great.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 31, 2012, 03:26:58 pm »
Any plans for some urban maps? Not like NW European City, but LOTS of buildings, alleys, so on and so fourth? (Preferably all the buildings able to be entered). Would make for some interesting squad on squad combat. ;)
Well to be historical accurate it wouldn't be possible. Because WWI was the most destructive war ever. For some reason they had the thought of 'destroy' instead of 'capture'.

For example (i'm going to use belgians example)

The town of Ypres was leveled to the ground.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
They said that Antwerp was burning when captured.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 31, 2012, 04:10:59 pm »
Well to be historical accurate it wouldn't be possible. Because WWI was the most destructive war ever. For some reason they had the thought of 'destroy' instead of 'capture'.

For example (i'm going to use belgians example)

The town of Ypres was leveled to the ground.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
They said that Antwerp was burning when captured.
Spoiler
[close]
You could still have an urban map, just a little dirty thats all.
Spoiler
Okey maybe alot.
[close]

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 31, 2012, 04:30:01 pm »
Yeah it would be cool ofcourse. :)