16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 979806 times)

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #15 German Uniforms)
« Reply #1020 on: April 13, 2013, 02:17:47 pm »
Cant wait :)

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 13, 2013, 02:23:05 pm »
Will the french have the Chauchat?
And will there be officer s with swords like the British 1897 Pattern British Infantry Officer's Sword?
 note this may be a dum question but u dont see many swords in ww1 so I was unsure

I hope all the officers will have swords, just like Jack Churchill said, "any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly armed."

By the way, if anyone just says "swagger sticks" then I am going to die of laughter  ;D

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1022 on: April 13, 2013, 02:28:53 pm »
Swagger sticks.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 13, 2013, 02:30:52 pm »
I think swords stopped being used once officers realised it made them a prime target for snipers. Also when they realised swords were totally useless in a trench.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 13, 2013, 02:31:46 pm »
Swagger sticks.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You made my year, sir!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 13, 2013, 02:53:47 pm »
I think swords stopped being used once officers realised it made them a prime target for snipers. Also when they realised swords were totally useless in a trench.

Okay, then I am just going to steal the sabre of a horseman at the start of every round  :P

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1026 on: April 13, 2013, 05:51:20 pm »
Can we see a picture?
Only if rigadoon wants to :D but it looks like to lungs. xD or half moons
The first modder for NW.

Offline Museal

• Donator
  • 9e Col Museal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Museal
« Reply #1027 on: April 13, 2013, 09:45:09 pm »
The reason I was unsure about swords was how by the end of the war there weren't many officers with them the reasons being

A) they slowed down the officer when he was crossing no mans land
B) they rusted after long service in the trench
C) they showed clearly who was the officer which has already pointed out made them clear targets
Ect

So as I believe I remember it being said that this mod is bast on the later part of the war I was unsure u would equip every officer with them as a result.
(NW) 9e Col Museal + (IE) 2ndDLI Col Museal  + (BI) Nr2_GrenWut_Ob_Museal + (NaS)(Union Brigade) UB 4thMI MajGen Museal  + (1812) LVQ_Col_Museal+ (AZ) HMSBC_Museal +(BCOF) 4thMI Col Museal

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 13, 2013, 10:09:00 pm »

So as I believe I remember it being said that this mod is bast on the later part of the war I was unsure u would equip every officer with them as a result.

Yeah, sadly everyone and specially almost all the modders are obsessed with the later war....  >:(

Offline Museal

• Donator
  • 9e Col Museal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 14, 2013, 12:58:32 am »

Yeah, sadly everyone and specially almost all the modders are obsessed with the later war....  >:(

Well the early war was not great due to the fact that not many generals understood treanch warfare while it became more tactical by the end as there were more successful operations conpared to the sheer falior of british and french offensives at the beginig even the victorys came at a huge cost so I can see why this period was chosen
(NW) 9e Col Museal + (IE) 2ndDLI Col Museal  + (BI) Nr2_GrenWut_Ob_Museal + (NaS)(Union Brigade) UB 4thMI MajGen Museal  + (1812) LVQ_Col_Museal+ (AZ) HMSBC_Museal +(BCOF) 4thMI Col Museal

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 14, 2013, 01:04:49 am »

Well the early war was not great due to the fact that not many generals understood treanch warfare while it became more tactical by the end as there were more successful operations conpared to the sheer falior of british and french offensives at the beginig even the victorys came at a huge cost so I can see why this period was chosen

I am talking about the early war, before the trenches set on, not all the war was like the somme  ;). But in every case I could be more pleased if they had taken a period on which not all the factions used those steel cans.
What is important here is the gameplay, not what tactics did used the generals in the early war, yeah, bad try to argue.
 :)

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #1031 on: April 14, 2013, 02:10:31 am »

I am talking about the early war, before the trenches set on, not all the war was like the somme  ;). But in every case I could be more pleased if they had taken a period on which not all the factions used those steel cans.
What is important here is the gameplay, not what tactics did used the generals in the early war, yeah, bad try to argue.
Steel Cans as in Muskets/Guns that use powder?
The first modder for NW.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 14, 2013, 02:16:23 am »

Steel Cans as in Muskets/Guns that use powder?

No, I am talking about this:

I will be fair, I actually do like the adrian helmet, but the kepi is traditional.  :)
If I were a soldier in the real first world war... I'd shoot myself before wearing that Stahlhelm!  ;D

Offline Museal

• Donator
  • 9e Col Museal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 14, 2013, 02:57:16 am »

No I was not attempting to argue it in a sence of gameplay so it was not a bad argument I was mearly stating why people may be intrested more in the later parts of the war as it is a intresting period in terms of tactics used by both sides and yes I do know the war was not entirly trenchesas its was a new way of fighting developed due to the new wepons being developed but even if you take away the treanch section there was still herendus casultys for both sides so my point stil remains  :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:26:43 am by Museal »

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #1034 on: April 14, 2013, 04:27:58 am »
Early WW1 French troops had almost the same uniform as the Franco Prussian war, I think a WW1 game should have the iconic uniforms of the later war which people are familiar with.