Author Topic: Anyone still play Skyrim?  (Read 14891 times)

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Anyone still play Skyrim?
« on: December 21, 2014, 03:43:40 am »
I'm trying to get back into the Skyrim and I just wanted to ask... What mods do you all use; if any?

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
  • Side: Union
Re: Anyone still play Skyrim?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 04:47:51 am »
2many
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 05:44:47 am »
This guy recommended me some mods on TaleWorlds.

Schlongs of skyrim and animated prost

The first step is to install nexus mod manager and skyrim script extender. After that you're all set for your never ending quest to mod the shit out of the game until conflicting mods make it impossible to play and force you to do a clean install and start all over again, which will end up exactly the same way.

When I was playing I preferred two setups. One was more of an enhanced regular Skyrim experience, the other was using an overhaul mod that changed the feel of the game entirely.

first
-Unnoficial patches. Duh.

-Realvision enb for a more colourful and nice looking Skerm.

-Immersive armors, immersive weapons for equipment variety. Been running into some nice handplaced weapons in dungeons.

-Cloaks of Skyrim & Winter is coming for cloaks and hoods, because they are cool.

-SkyUI for an improved UI

-Deadly Combat for combat that sucks less than vanilla.

-Dual wield parrying & dual wield parrying animations. Finally you can do a (poor) block if someone manages to come at you when you have a spell in one of your hands.

-Categorized favorite menu. This mod makes scrolling favorites so much easier and handier, I can't figure out how the devs didn't figure this shit out in the first place.

-Crimson tide. Adds visible wounds to enemiesand they'll bleed a puddle on the ground once they've died. You can even drag them around to create a (sort of) blood trail. This is super important.

-Interesting NPCs. By far my favourite mod. Adds a fuckton of fully voiced NPCs all over Skyrim who have a lot of insignificant, but well written dialogue. Some of them can be used as followers. My current companion is this immortal/undead ex-Psijic order mage I found in the ratway. He keeps going on how great he is and how puny mortals such as myself with my pitiful mind cannot even hope to grasp how great he is. He uses pretty basic spells, but has a fun personality. When I went to Riverwood he said "I heard there are two males trying to use you to win a woman's heart. You should kill the woman to punish them for hesitating."

-Warzones. Adds warzones with average M&B scale battles taking place around Skyrim. I personally don't use it any more because I don't like how the levelling is handled in that mod, but it's pretty cool.

-Skyrim Scaling Stopper. Not quite as good as OOO of Oblivilol, but helps with some of the level scaling. You're going to have a hard time as a fresh character, but being level 40 doesn't mean the family crypt of your average Neighbourhood Janssons is filled with nothing but Draugr deathlords.
[close]

EDIT: With the exception on Skyrim Scaling Stopper and maybe the immersive weapons/armours mods, a lot of the above mods can be used with the overhaul described below. I'd actually recommend using them, especially the immersive NPCs mod.

the second
A multiple follower allowing mod, a backpack mod to help you carry shit and the overhaul mod Requiem.

Requiem is an overhaul mod that takes the overall feel of Skyrim closer to old school RPGs. Most importantly, it makes the world more or less completely static, unlike regular Skerm which follow your progress and artificially changes the world to keep the challenge on roughly the same level throughout your whole game. Pretty much everything will wipe the floor with your your cold dead mangled corpse at level one, and at level 40 you'll be strolling through bandit infested caves and fortresses, casually swatting the bastards dead left and right with an elemental weapon. It feels great because it actually makes you feel like you're progressing and developing your character. Here's some features.

* Skill level matters, perks matter even more. It's not true in every case, but a good rule of thumb is that you need perks to not suck at whatever you're trying to do. Perk tree's overhauled to make character specialization and planning a bigger thing than it was in native. Jack of all trades characters are possible, but you'll save yourselves plenty of gray hairs if you specialize in a couple of things(like 2h weapons, heavy armour and bows) and make a new character for another style of gameplay.

* Weapons kill you and they kill you quick. Fortunately, if you're any good at using them, you kill things pretty quick too.

* If bandit swords kill you quickly, arrows do it even faster. If you wear light armour and you see archers, you'd better start thinking tactics.

* Blocking and dodging are more essential than they've ever been in Skyrim.

* Armour matters, armour types actually differ a lot. Light armour is easy to use and doesn't offer hell of a lot of protection, but it's certainly better than nothing and also leaves you light at your feet. Heavy armour turns you into a slow fat fuck and if you don't have the proper perks invested, just wearing the thing drains your stamina. It also slows you down, making dodging reaaally hard for the first dozen levels of your adventures. But it offers MUCH more protection than light armour and at some point arrows barely tickle you any more. Also, you can bullrush enemies off their feet by sprinting into them in heavy armour. Feels good mang.

* Magic has also been revamped, but I haven't played a mage in Requiem yet so I can't say anything for sure, other than being a proper battlemage requires some commitment. Heavy armour gimps your magic skills so have fun blowing snowflakes and sparks at your enemies until you put a perk or two in the right place(s). Magic of enemies is pretty deadly, but fortunately most of the cunts are wearing robes. Remember what I said about light armour and bows? Yeah, robes don't even count as armour. Happy sniping!

[close]

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:06 am »
Played for like 2 hours. Got bored. Never played again. 10/10

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 08:21:46 am »
Played for like 2 hours. Got bored. Never played again. 10/10

Pffffff uncultured commoners

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 08:23:12 am »
Hmm, played a ton of fallout, but just couldnt get into skyrim though.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 03:48:55 pm »
Skyrim feels pretty empty and boring after playing Dragon Age Inquisition.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 04:11:59 pm »
Skyrim feels pretty empty and boring after playing Dragon Age Inquisition.
This

Loved Skyrim, then I played Dragon Age
Fuck off, Nazi scum

AeroNinja

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 07:14:50 pm »
I still play Skyrim. Never gonna leave that game. :D

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 07:40:28 pm »
Skyrim is awesome! :)

With this mod:

AeroNinja

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 07:43:10 pm »
Used to play that mod alot. But I don't really like the Roman era and stuff. :/

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »
I always get back to it once in a while, mainly because of all those fantastic mods.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

AeroNinja

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 08:26:17 pm »
True. :D

I use the Editor alot made a new sword it's fun. :P

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile