Poll

Out of 10, (with 10 being the highest) How much are you enjoying Iron Europe?

6 (4%)
1 (0.7%)
4 (2.6%)
2 (1.3%)
4 (2.6%)
8 (5.3%)
19 (12.6%)
32 (21.2%)
9 (6%)
15 (9.9%)
5 (3.3%)
Over 9000+
46 (30.5%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author Topic: First Impressions?  (Read 8284 times)

Offline ThatRussian

• Donator
  • Do not be troubled for you are in Elysium
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherno Lions/ Vassili
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: First Impressions?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 11:57:16 pm »
Honest First Impression:
At first when I joined, I was extremely frustrated.  I did not know what the weapons where (as I do not speak french or german) and I did not know how to do anything.  I joined a server and was basically using my gun as a club because I did not know how to reload.  I tried to play sniper, but all the sniper spots are always filled.  I tried heavy machine gun but could not figure out how to make it work.

Upon playing again a little later, I asked people in-game about the controls.  Once I learned how to use everything and found out what classes I was best at I was having a blast.  It's a great game, but adding in a tutorial for new members or making the keys more apparent to people who don't look at their key bindings would help improve the mod I think.

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 12:03:08 am »
Well, Im struggling to play with more than 13-17fps and also suffering crippling lag.

^ The above is probably my own fault though.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 12:04:54 am »
I have had a great first impression so far. I enjoy how different it is than NW. My real impression will be how events are. Im very interested in seeing if any regiments are going to switch over full time.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Flopz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14e_AdC_Flopz
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 12:36:55 am »
I was waiting the mod for a long time and now it's released I'm not disappointed. It can't be compared to NW because there is no melee and no formation, but it has a special atmosphere compared to N&S or Blood&Iron (other where you shoot more than you go to melee) and in my opinion it's the best mod that have been made on NW with a lot of great features. I really hope we will reach 200 players on the servers without crash.  :D
Good work and thanks to the dev for their work.

14e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne | Aide de Camp
French National Team of Infantry & French National Team of Cavalry
http://www.14e-regiment.com | https://www.youtube.com/user/Flopz78

Offline DanyEle

• Board Moderator
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 01:08:03 am »
I really hope we will reach 200 players on the servers without crash.  :D

I have a dream too...

Offline 14e_Knight

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 14e Website
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 01:08:41 am »
You've to delete the snipers. Realy.
14e bullies, making people cri since 2011
Knight is the coolest person in the world.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2014, 01:10:04 am »
You've to delete the snipers. Realy.
They nurfed them already.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2014, 09:39:45 am »
I absolutely love the mod. If you play smart and have a good aim you can go far, kid. I think my most favorite class is the mortarman with Officer being a close second. (OK, commanding and rallying my troops with the whistle is just too damn cool) I really wish I could spend a bit more time dicking around with the grammophone, but everything is so fast paced which is great.

WWI in the Warband engine is already really ambitious on its own as just an idea and to see such a great vision come to light as polished as it is compared to most other mod releases and with already great maps is just fantastic. A lot of people in-game really love it and slapping that lag away would be the best thing to happen to the mod.

I agree with the snipers being OP and a lot of server admins recognize it as such and limit it greatly, which I appreciate. Some more implemented features should tone the powerhouse down, but I like how it is feared and should remain as such.

I just can't wait for more nations and features... like GAS!
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 09:55:46 am »
It can't be compared to NW because there is no melee and no formation, but it has a special atmosphere compared to N&S or Blood&Iron (other where you shoot more than you go to melee) and in my opinion it's the best mod that have been made on NW with a lot of great features.

Today, on Belgian Forest, I got three kills in a row with the Nahkampfmesser which I'm pretty sure is the smallest knife in game. I've seen multiple instances of people using bayonets, knives, and clubs quite effectively.  ;D

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 01:38:24 pm »
Yeah, them trench clubs are really deadly, I could banzai charge all day with one.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2014, 08:49:17 pm »
I have bayoneted one guy so far. Mainly because it laggs so much.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2014, 08:51:30 pm »
Honest First Impression:
At first when I joined, I was extremely frustrated.  I did not know what the weapons where (as I do not speak french or german) and I did not know how to do anything.  I joined a server and was basically using my gun as a club because I did not know how to reload.  I tried to play sniper, but all the sniper spots are always filled.  I tried heavy machine gun but could not figure out how to make it work.

Upon playing again a little later, I asked people in-game about the controls.  Once I learned how to use everything and found out what classes I was best at I was having a blast.  It's a great game, but adding in a tutorial for new members or making the keys more apparent to people who don't look at their key bindings would help improve the mod I think.

Your entire frustration comes from refusing to read the FAQ though.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 02:58:41 am »
I have to say, I was a bit sceptical that the mod would nail the gameplay, but you blew my expectations out of the water. This is one of the most fun Warband mods I've played, and probably the best utilisation of Conquest mode I've seen. The graphics, atmosphere and details are also impressive, but unlike the fun gameplay I always had faith in those aspects. I look forward to more factions and further polish.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 04:00:12 am »
Honest First Impression:

Your entire frustration comes from refusing to read the FAQ though.

Will don't u know reading hurts. Love the mod I keep the updates up and we will have a hell of a time :D

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 07:07:21 am »
Heavy Club OP.
I got like 6 kills with it in Belgian Forest I think, it was hilarious.