Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 92370 times)

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2014, 08:47:02 am »
I prefer the medic and assault classes stay the same as they are. They very realistically portray the crazy mofos that actually crawled through the trenches 100 years ago.

The Stahlhelm is something I've been on their butts about since they showed the first version many moons ago when it was in development. Once that's fixed the Germans will look significantly better IMO. I bet y'all didn't notice the shovel and bayonet missing from the German soldiers either, right?

The dev team has been all over the woodwork getting this mod to work, so it's understandable they had to say "Fuck it, we're doing it live" to certain features but now that things are more in the polishing stage, the texturers can jump on making nice things and they already have with the early war uniforms.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sgt_Windridge
  • Side: Union
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2014, 10:41:26 am »
I prefer the medic and assault classes stay the same as they are. They very realistically portray the crazy mofos that actually crawled through the trenches 100 years ago.

The Stahlhelm is something I've been on their butts about since they showed the first version many moons ago when it was in development. Once that's fixed the Germans will look significantly better IMO. I bet y'all didn't notice the shovel and bayonet missing from the German soldiers either, right?

The dev team has been all over the woodwork getting this mod to work, so it's understandable they had to say "Fuck it, we're doing it live" to certain features but now that things are more in the polishing stage, the texturers can jump on making nice things and they already have with the early war uniforms.

Indeed, I think that now that they've released it they'll be able to focus more on such things.

Offline Tavington

• First Lieutenant
  • 32nd Regiment
    • View Profile
    • 32nd Regiment
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2014, 12:27:11 pm »
As far as i'm aware, please correct me if i'm wrong but the field guns on the mod are not too effective at all considering their role. The explosion radius is pretty small and combiend with the fact its modelled on the NW howitzer it means many players struggle to aim them and utilize their firepower.

I'm simply suggesting perhaps the Iron Europe team can implement a direct firing artillery piece like the Krupp cannon seen in Blood & Iron. I feel an artillery gun such as that in Iron Europe would be very beneficial and allow teams to be able to at least dislodge the defenders in a trench to some degree which is currently not too possible with the field guns.

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sgt_Windridge
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2014, 01:30:44 pm »
As far as i'm aware, please correct me if i'm wrong but the field guns on the mod are not too effective at all considering their role. The explosion radius is pretty small and combiend with the fact its modelled on the NW howitzer it means many players struggle to aim them and utilize their firepower.

I'm simply suggesting perhaps the Iron Europe team can implement a direct firing artillery piece like the Krupp cannon seen in Blood & Iron. I feel an artillery gun such as that in Iron Europe would be very beneficial and allow teams to be able to at least dislodge the defenders in a trench to some degree which is currently not too possible with the field guns.

I think they said the artillery was more of a placeholder than anything else, so it's probably going to be changed.

Offline Oposum

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2014, 05:52:52 pm »

After you fire few rounds to get a feeling for range, it's easy to use and hit pretty much anything you want. Main problem is that the guns are often on elevated terrain which means that closest target you can hit must be 200-300 meters away.
Explosion radius doesn't seem so bad to me, since I've got 6+ kills with single shot quite a few times.

Offline Hakblok

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Sjt_Grégoire_Billot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2014, 10:08:57 pm »
Limit the HMG ammo you can get from the box, right now it has unlimited ammo pretty much

Offline set2121

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2014, 10:18:41 pm »
i would love to see shotguns for the assault troops and if posible i have no idea if it is a flamethrower for the sturmtrupen 

Offline Faultier

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2014, 11:58:47 pm »
As medic I would apperciate it if I could refill my bandeages and morphines from the ammo box
Verrückte gaben mir das Offizierspatent

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2014, 12:13:58 am »
It might be an idea to add a wire cutter tool to the Sapper class, one that can take down wire quickly and make the guy a lot more useful in the field

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2014, 12:23:08 am »
It might be an idea to add a wire cutter tool to the Sapper class, one that can take down wire quickly and make the guy a lot more useful in the field
+100

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2014, 01:31:12 am »
So, I was just playing on the official server recently on Belgian forest. I had just emerged from the forest into the Street flag point, when literally 8 Germans spawned right in front of me.
It goes without saying that I died, but it also the other way around too. Another time I was playing on the official servers, I'd died 4 times in a row to a mortar just after I had spawned.

So, I had two solutions, or a combination of these two:

1) edit the maps to make the spawns in better spots. Perhaps farther away from the flag so it's easier for the attackers to capture, but also for the defenders to potential not get killed instantly. (Spawn killing happens, I get it. In fact it might be the only way to cap a trench successfully).

2) Increase the respawn time to 35-50 seconds (I was thinking 40). This would give time for the attackers after killing most of the defenders to cap the flag. Also, people would do less suicide rushes with grenades for example and play more carefully.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:36:08 am by Colbac »

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2014, 01:34:14 am »
It would be nice if more spawns were in a bunker, so you don't get spawnkilled by mortar fire, and also you can build up and get prepared before you really enter combat instead of being caught off-guard and getting wasted the instant you spawn.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2014, 05:08:38 am »
40 seconds will actually work. It allows attackers time to cap if they push in well enough.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2014, 05:40:08 am »
I really believe these factions need more units, especially infantry. Think about it, you can have Chasseurs des Alpins/Alpenjaegers, French Foreign Legion/Bavarian Reserve Infantry, Tirailleurs and Zouaves/Fusilers and Jaegers, Fusiler Marines/Marine. THis goes for British faction too and Austria (if it's added). Britain bettr not have "basic riflemen/basic stormtroopers." It should be BEF Riflemen, CEF Riflemen, ANZAC Stormtroopers, PEF Flankers and Raiders... Austria could have German Riflemen, Hungarian Riflemen, German Stormtroopers, Tirolean Landesschuetzen, Boehmisch Landwehr/Conscripts, etc.

It bothered me no real amount of infantries were put into he mod. Just basic troops.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2014, 06:14:04 am »
I'd also like to see unit variation for the ones that actually deserve to have their unique uniforms in.