Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 93100 times)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2014, 07:47:42 pm »
Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but the German C96 is supposed to load from the top, not the bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if the team already knows this, it's just the team has yet to implement the animation; I just wanted to ensure the team knew. Good mod so far, gentlemen!  ;)
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2014, 07:49:55 pm »
Also, is it possible to decrease the rifles  precision or their efficacity distance? Because my big regret is the lack of INTELLIGENT close combat.

So battle look like both sides finaly met somewhere in the map, and shoot shoot until the tickets go to zero. I never had a pleasure to defend a trench in melee or in a very dense close fighting. People just die too quickly compared to the number they can be on the map.

Welcome to WWI, enjoy your stay.

For the same number of people dying like in this mod, ww1 would have end in less than 3 months. If it was easier as that, most attacks would have ended with 95% KIA in the batlle...

Even if you want the exact same bloody attacks, it.s a loss of time:
We can be around 100 max in a team. With the actual power of rifles  the bleeding-dying system and the accuracy of the rifles, you just have not enough men to conduct a proper attack like in ww1 i think (if someone who have been in an event could tell us clearly).

Rifles are responsible of a very small % of KIA during the war. More are dispatched between arty and MGs.

It's all benefit: less accuracy or less range shot of rifles, MG and arty will become more importants for the first phase of the attack, people will have to find a cover before coming to the rifles range, but knowing that they have to deal with arty, more place for smart movement to go to an ennemy trench etc. If riflemen can shot you like snipers that doesn't means they can't shoot at all, they can do a firewall of bullets or choose to wait an optimal distance to open fire.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »
Also, is it possible to decrease the rifles  precision or their efficacity distance? Because my big regret is the lack of INTELLIGENT close combat.

So battle look like both sides finaly met somewhere in the map, and shoot shoot until the tickets go to zero. I never had a pleasure to defend a trench in melee or in a very dense close fighting. People just die too quickly compared to the number they can be on the map.

It's a WW1 mod, an era which heavily focused on long range engagements and machine guns. If you want melee then go back to NW or be prepared to dodge a shit ton of bullets.

Ww1 rifles are not long range weapons. I'm only talking about rifles here, not MG and Arty.  Bullets can maybe go far, but after 400-600m they are useless because you loose too much accuracy and and bullet don't have a straight trajectory, so you will miss your shot. Of course it's alot compared to the napoleonic weapons, but if you switch it to this game, guys are actually able to shoot you at 800-900 meters on a easy way.

Melee  AND CLOSE COMBAT ( as you seem to not know what is it, that also means close shooting with riglesand pistols using in a REAL way, not only bayonets)were essential to clean a trench or during a trench attack as it was the only way to properly destruct the last defenders... The problem here is that people are fighting most of time from very far as you are able to turn down an infantry wave with rifles only at a very long range.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:08:24 pm by Nardu »

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 08:36:45 pm »
It would be cool if when someone bleeds out, the icon is a blood drop or something, but that is just a cosmetic low priority thing :-\
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Volkonski

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 09:13:29 pm »

It's a WW1 mod, an era which heavily focused on long range engagements and machine guns. If you want melee then go back to NW or be prepared to dodge a shit ton of bullets.

Ww1 rifles are not long range weapons. I'm only talking about rifles here, not MG and Arty.  Bullets can maybe go far, but after 400-600m they are useless because you loose too much accuracy and and bullet don't have a straight trajectory, so you will miss your shot. Of course it's alot compared to the napoleonic weapons, but if you switch it to this game, guys are actually able to shoot you at 800-900 meters on a easy way.

Melee  AND CLOSE COMBAT ( as you seem to not know what is it, that also means close shooting with riglesand pistols using in a REAL way, not only bayonets)were essential to clean a trench or during a trench attack as it was the only way to properly destruct the last defenders... The problem here is that people are fighting most of time from very far as you are able to turn down an infantry wave with rifles only at a very long range.
First off, Rifles are long range weapons, secondly there is only so much the devs can do to influence how players play the mod. I'm pretty sure a few people who played NW loved the prospect of close range musket volleys, but instead it just dissolved into who can fight in melee the best. Here, people can shoot away to their hearts content knowing fully well that whatever they point their gun at will eventually die without having to engage in melee.

At the moment people are enjoying playing the mod as it is, please don't try and turn it into NW.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2014, 11:46:28 pm »
Please put it's a long way to tipperary on the gramophones!

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2014, 12:03:22 am »
New death animations or bodies rag doll like in WFaS

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2014, 12:07:10 am »
New death animations or bodies rag doll like in WFaS
+1 This would be amazing
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sgt_Windridge
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2014, 01:08:23 am »
This is more of a nitpick than anything else and I don't know if this has been asked already, but the neck guard of the Stahlhelm seems a little undersized for the WWI model. Other than that, the mod is great, although I would like to see more German style moustaches, because everyone loves German moustaches.

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2014, 04:19:47 am »
In perhaps a new update, would it be possible for the community to make banners for the mod that the developers could use? I know some guys in my battalion have already made two potential banners.

Offline ThatRussian

• Donator
  • Do not be troubled for you are in Elysium
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherno Lions/ Vassili
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 04:39:13 am »
In perhaps a new update, would it be possible for the community to make banners for the mod that the developers could use? I know some guys in my battalion have already made two potential banners.

I agree. There aren't that many banners for the number of regiments that are popping up, and many of them look very similar.  I think if there was a way to submit a banner (granted it should be made into a ready to implement format so that people can't just spam pictures they want added and takes work off the devs to create new ones) then we would have a happier community.

Offline TKTom

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2014, 05:09:15 am »

I agree. There aren't that many banners for the number of regiments that are popping up, and many of them look very similar.  I think if there was a way to submit a banner (granted it should be made into a ready to implement format so that people can't just spam pictures they want added and takes work off the devs to create new ones) then we would have a happier community.

Check out how it was done for the Deluge:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,217175.0.html

The system worked very well. Having our own flag really added to the sense of identity that the groups had.

Offline ThatRussian

• Donator
  • Do not be troubled for you are in Elysium
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherno Lions/ Vassili
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2014, 05:57:03 am »

The system worked very well. Having our own flag really added to the sense of identity that the groups had.

That would be pretty cool.  Then the devs could also decide if the banner fits the mod or not an has the right to deny a banner if it is trolly or not well made.  Would be cool if they could password personal regiment banners (if they use the regiment's name in the banner), but I don't know how much coding that would take.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:00:54 am by ThatRussian »

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2014, 06:03:00 am »

That would be pretty cool.  Then the devs could also decide if the banner fits the mod or not an has the right to deny a banner if it is trolly or not well made.  Would be cool if they could password personal regiment banners (if they use the regiment's name in the banner), but I don't know how much coding that would take.
Yeah, our 41st regiment in The Deluge used that system and had its own banner as well/

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2014, 08:01:53 am »
For the German light machine gun could you make it so it is possible to fire when standing up if you're resting on something? It is really annoying when you're trying to shoot over the trench and you're forced to crouch which means you can't hit anything.