Author Topic: Show your support for BCoF - Signatures, Wallpapers and More.  (Read 92612 times)

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Show your support for BCoF - Signatures, Wallpapers and More.
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2016, 03:52:47 pm »
As far as I am aware this is because they are a heavy artillery regiments who were called up from forts  which were in the rear. so many would have arty uniforms however were acting as line there  is a interesting documentary on it actual which discusses that they were very good
At drill but many believed they were not solders and were just a parade ground unit which were good at looking fancy. I may be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.
1st Maine Heavy Artillery at Petersburg.

"Along the Prince George Court House Road, 850 men of the 1st Maine Heavy Artillery formed in the slight depression on the far side of the roadbed and awaited the signal to charge. The order arrived at 4:30 p.m. As the 1st Maine advanced across what was then a corn field, the Confederate line erupted in sheets of flame. Supporting units failed to advance on their flanks, and the men of the 1st Maine found itself subjected to fire that seemingly hit them from every angle.

In 10 minutes, it was over. A staggering 632 men lay dead or wounded on the field, and not a single man had come close to reaching the enemy line"

Offline AngelofWar

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AngelofWar
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Show your support for BCoF - Signatures, Wallpapers and More.
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2022, 02:56:39 am »
Thank you for the signature!