Author Topic: Fourth Election (September-October term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 16186 times)

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Fourth Election (September-October term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2016, 11:01:40 pm »
Hmm. During my term, Mack was the NA CR and I don't really recall him having any trouble with the other moderators because they wouldn't be open to his plans/idea's.
Can't speak about the other two american CR's though as I haven't seen them interact on the board. Maybe you're right, but I find it hard to believe.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2016, 11:15:31 pm »
Just wondering Ap0c, but what would you give as an example that would be considered just enough sway with the moderating team? I'm not familiar with how the communications work with a CR and the moderation team, just wondering with what you would consider optimal in the position as it currently stands.

From what I have heard, the CR has not had alot of say in bans and mutes concerning its own community. So you have things like those bans on the 63e NA vs. EU thread that were widely unpopular, and the very controversial 80% mutes handed out to 10+ people on the 71st thread. I think in an ideal world, the CR should have been able to at least limit the punishments: the bans should have been short mutes at max, and there should have been some warnings thrown out on the 71st thread first before literally everyone gets muted without warning.

Hmm. During my term, Mack was the NA CR and I don't really recall him having any trouble with the other moderators because they wouldn't be open to his plans/idea's.
Can't speak about the other two american CR's though as I haven't seen them interact on the board. Maybe you're right, but I find it hard to believe.

Trust me, the one CR who I have talked most in depth about this is Mack.

If you don't believe me, I think proof enough that the previous CRs were not happy with the position is the fact that none of them ran for re-election.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2016, 12:00:22 am »
Or perhaps the four months of hard work is too much a strain on people's agendas, so they stick with two?
Merely using the fact nobody ran againn as proof of unhappiness during the term, is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

This is, though, something I will keep in mind. If I get elected, I shall get into contact with the previous Community Representatives to talk about what they have done and if their work should be continued. I will also try and get as much inside information from them, so that I do not have to start from complete scratch.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2016, 12:24:59 am »
Durring can you blast out emails? I think the reason no one really turned out last time is I never got an email saying elections were happening. On the first one, I did though
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2016, 07:33:25 am »
Would really appreciate it if my name wasn't brought up w anything NW related ever again... thanks.

Offline DeadEye

• Second Lieutenant
  • Old Nr7 Oberst
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr7_DeadEye
  • Side: Union
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2016, 04:23:39 pm »
Would really appreciate it if my name wasn't brought up w anything NW related ever again... thanks.
lol

Offline pokerguthix

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2016, 06:27:54 pm »
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes i am and yes i do
Why should you become CR?:

I have been in this community for the past 4 years now. I always loved the community and it's great people and that's why i want to represent this glorious community, full of political experts, advisors and feminists.

Me and my family were really poor. We were living in berlin where we had to experience how harsh life can be. My father left my mother before i was born, but my mother never got over him so she decided to be a transgender. But i still loved her, because she was my only family.
My mother told me when i was a kid: " do what you want, it doesn't matter what you do, but be great at it so you can share your potential earnings with me". I respect her for that. My mother was always like a father to me. Thanks to his support i am who i am today. And even though i don't make any money as a community representant, he respects my decision. She decided to let me live at my grandparents house if i get this post, because there i have a working wlan connection, a bed to sleep and a bathtub. But i'm not here to talk about my family, let's get back to topic.

Because i never went to school and because i know a lot of different languages i have a lot of contact with all kinds of people, in real life and in this community. I speak fluently english, german and my french and japanese are also acceptable. People respect me and i respect them, mostly because I am a really serious person. People always tell me:"you must be fun at parties". I would like to agree but i get drunk after 2 shots or 3 beer so usually the security has a really hard job with me.
But apart from all of that, i have a lot of knowledge about all kinds of different people and know how to handle them.
I've dealt with racism, homophobia, Trump Supporters,Hillary Supporters, People who think the earth is flat and most importantly: trolls.
People dislike me because they can never win an argument against me, but a little bit of disliking is also necessary to build a healthy relationship between the different communitys and people.
Like i already said, i have a lot of free time available for this board and i really like this community, so i would proudly represent you in all kind of things.

If you have any question related to me or my past or any other theme feel free to ask them.
I wish all other candidates good luck
Mr_Azuris

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2016, 04:39:02 am »
Name: Jakester
EU or NA?:  NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Affirmative
Why should you become CR?: I am a person who stands good with many forum users and regiments and browses the forums on a regular basis. I've not been around an incredible amount of time (not a mount and musket person, sorry) but I have been around long enough to see some things happen in the forums. I will be able to actively communicate between the player base and the moderation, and will unbiasly attempt to enact what the community requests of me. Although I have no current "agenda" I have full confidence in myself that I will be able to handle issues in the community quickly and effectively. I will be open to people if they need to talk to me on steam and these forums!

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 02:28:30 am »
Name: Wastee
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yessir
Why should you become CR? : Well people are telling me to run so Ap0c isn't elected. I've been playing this game active on and off for 4 years now. I led a decent regiment and have never given anyone a reason to hate me in my opinion. I was very active on the forums but not anymore, I'm able to get back into it however. In case you want some info on me I am Minnesotan so Minnesota nice and I am a senior in High School this year and am active in theatre. If you have any questions PM me!

#makeNWmountandmusketagain

-Waste
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:05:31 am by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 02:29:07 am »
Not actaully an APP, more of a "Example" of what I would want a community rep app to be in a perfect world where all of the goals would come true.

Name: Coconut
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: I am active on the forums and I have been in the NW community since the start.

My main goals for community rep will be as follows

1. Bring back the old Up attack. Whatever nerf they did to it (I think it was .15 second nerf)
2. I will Bring back spinning from mm. To do this all of warband needs to be changed so I will work together with taleworlds members such as Cpt Lust and other people.
3. I will reduce glancing

To do this I will have to work together with the NW devs+Taleworlds devs.
If the nw devs dont want to we will have to make a mod. It shall be called "Melee Mod+" or abbreviated to MM+

a vote for me is a vote for MM+ and melee!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:57:32 pm by Coconut »

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2016, 02:33:57 am »
I suggest you get started with that mod Coco!

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2016, 02:42:08 am »
I suggest you get started with that mod Coco!
I'm surprised there is no like "Competetive melee" mod. There are tons of other games that have mods specificially to improve competetive play. Would be really good for groupfighting+linebattles for veterans of the community

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2016, 03:11:39 am »
Yo I'd vote for Coconut

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2016, 03:16:07 am »
Name: Coconut
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: I am active on the forums and I have been in the NW community since the start.

My main goals for community rep will be as follows

1. Bring back the old Up attack. Whatever nerf they did to it (I think it was .15 second nerf)
2. I will Bring back spinning from mm. To do this all of warband needs to be changed so I will work together with taleworlds members such as Cpt Lust and other people.
3. I will reduce glancing

If the nw devs dont want to we will have to make a mod. It shall be called "Melee Mod+" or abbreviated to MM+

a vote for me is a vote for MM+ and melee!

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2016, 09:19:40 pm »

May I ask how you suppose to convince the taleworlds staff to go along with your idea? Are you already on good standing with them? Have you any indication they'd want to be a part of this?

On the second part: if indeed the developers are not willing to help you, what madate do you have left to be a Community Representative? You'd be elected to bring TW and FSE together in an MM+.
Yes, you could make the mod yuorself, but I do wonder why you'd need to be a CR to achieve making a mod?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.