Author Topic: NATO vs Warsaw Pact (Who Would Win)  (Read 29621 times)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NATO vs Warsaw Pact (Who Would Win)
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2017, 10:29:13 pm »
Not even a real democracy, FeelsBadMan.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2017, 11:54:39 pm »
Not even a real democracy, FeelsBadMan.

Come on, Norway ain't that bad.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2017, 09:22:07 pm »
Debatable.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2017, 04:43:58 pm »
I feel like today it would be interesting due to Russia's defense sectors ability to make superior interceptor/multi-role fighters such as the SU35/SU27/SU34 & MIG35 at a fraction of the cost of American variants such as the F-22 and flying metal dumpster, the F35. Of course, on paper the Russian planes are superior at dogfighting but there's obviously more to aerial combat then just that.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2017, 07:29:59 pm »
Russia's air capabilities truly are its only trump (no pun intended) card. But even then, the sheer quantity of NATO forces and their much stronger (and less fossil fuel depended) combined economy mean that Russia only has a edge in the short run.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:31:48 pm by Duuring »

Offline DrunkenSpartan

• Sergeant Major
  • Run towards the sound of thunder :P It's more fun.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Fus_Spartan
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2018, 08:06:03 pm »
Hmm. Interesting question, particularly in a modern sense. The outcome of protracted conventional wars seem to be affected as much by the availability of materials and infrastructure as it is by leadership skills or technical edge, so there's many factors to consider. In the area of manufacture NATO has a clear advantage, since without nuclear weapons Russia would have a hard time permanently affecting the manufacturing capability of North America, whereas Russian manufacturing capabilities could be limited to those production facilities east of the Urals due to NATO bombing campaigns. Terrain in general favors Russia, particularly in winter, but overall technical superiority goes to NATO, which boasts everything from more accurate standard issue rifles (the AK12 has not yet been fully issued to all Russian Ground Forces troops) to more sophisticated drone and satellite systems. Russia does have a technical edge in fighter technology and may even have a more advanced main battle tank than anything NATO currently fields, but in a combined arms scenario the SU35 and T-14 would not likely be enough on their own to gain battlefield superiority. In terms of leadership capabilities NATO maintains a slight advantage over Russia, with more widespread recent combat experience in the Middle East and Africa than Russia in Syria and Crimea. However in terms of current leaders, President Vladimir Putin has demonstrated himself to be a much more competent, cunning and capable leader than the American President Donald Trump, and even though both leaders would likely listen to the opinions of military minds, Trump's stubbornness and possible instability have to be taken into account when considering a war that would likely last years and take a toll on every facet of life. The European Union does have more stable leadership under Donald Tusk, Jean-Claude Juncker,  Antonio Tajani, Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron, however EU leadership has suffered damage to its authority with the announced departure of Great Britain and the United States' shifting allegiances from Europe towards China. With all this in mind it is hard to say if there would be a clear victor. With North American assistance to Europe, technical superiority and more reliable manufacturing, it is likely that NATO would win in name, however with Russia's terrain advantage, numerical advantage and detestment of the possibility of a European invasion, it is likely that Russia's military would permanently damage much of the European continent, rendering any long term NATO victory Pyrrhic. This Pyrrhic victory combined with less than ideal leadership throughout NATO would not bode well for its members in the long term, whereas Russia could likely recover from all out war more efficiently due to its more stable leadership.

TL;DR - if trump wasn't president of the united states maybe nato would win, but imo a modern day warsaw pact would win in the end
It's the same old thing since 1916
In your head, in your head they're still fighting
With their tanks and their bombs
And air bombs and their guns
In your head, in your head they are dying...

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2018, 08:48:59 pm »
I don't believe Russia has what it takes to take on the big boys.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.