Author Topic: Warriors' Matters [Reservations Open!] [Off Topic]  (Read 5374 times)

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
  • Side: Union
Re: Warriors' matters [reservations open]
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 12:21:42 am »
snip

Please don't post to troll on this serious topic again.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:46:47 am by Carabino »
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorWarbandHD
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 10:50:08 am »
Name: William "The Doctor" Kingston
Appearance: Sexy
History: Born in a tough neighborhood (1815), William had to fight for his own existence. Since the age of 7 he fought everyone he could to get money and power, and to survive. At the age of 12 he was convicted for murder, and by the age of 14 he had already been to prison 3 times. He enjoyed causing pain to people who tried to hurt him. So, at the age of 16, he had traveled to Japan to learn Karate and Jiu-Jitsu. His age is now at the age of 26, and he is looking to work in fighting.
Equipment: A wooden staff, a small hidden military knife, brass knuckles.
Skills: Good at traditional Japanese martial arts, likes finishing fights quickly and brutally. Likes causing pain. Very effective kicks.
English level: Quite spiffy I would say.
The Dankest of Memes, start in the simplest of words. Wombo combo.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 08:47:24 pm »
Yeah same what the fuck

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 05:12:50 am »
I dont know whos the idiot that reported us for 'trolling' but are we in or not?

Offline Portals

• Second Lieutenant
  • Urine speaks louder than words.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~WeastSide~Samuel_L_Jackson
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 08:41:41 am »
Name: 游侠, yóuxiá, Youxia. (Pronounced You-Shah)

Appearence:Youxia is taller than most people around him, but not by much. He almost always has a calm demeanor due to his extensive learning in Taoism. He usually wears traditional Chinese garb when outside of combat, and wears traditional body guard armor when in combat
(Rough look)
Spoiler
[close]

History:Little is known about Youxia's past, but people generally know that he was taken in by a Taoist monastery at a young age. It is thought that he mastered meditation, Taoist Literature, and gardening in the monastery. Alongside this, he learned fighting skills extensively. He would make frequent trips outside of the monastery to meditate better. It is thought that his monastery was slaughtered by a group of bandits while he was out one day.

Youxia spent the next five years tracking down these bandits and perfecting his technique. When he finally found the bandits, he started to hunt down their patrols. When he learned of a government official that was in the pockets of the bandits, he found said official and confronted him about his actions. The local official told Youxia that he had to help them, otherwise they were going to kill his children, and that the official really did not like the bandits. After hearing this, Youxia beheaded the official who would betray the emperor for his children.

He then soon executed the bandit leader. The emperor heard of his heroic deeds, and invited Youxia to become the emperors personal bodyguard. Youxia accepted, and is where he is right now as in charge of the emperors personal security.

Equipment: Youxia has a Ji, an ancient Chinese pole arm. Think of the Ji as quasi-halbird, but less heavy and a bigger focus on stabbing instead of swinging.
Spoiler
[close]

He also has a Guandao, another Chinese pole arm. This polearm is more focused on slashing and cutting, and a much more offensive weapon in general.
Spoiler
[close]

The close range weapon he has is his Jian. It is a double-edged straight sword. He rarely uses the Jian unless he has to, preferring to rely on his pole arms.
Spoiler
[close]

Skills: Master of Tai Chi, a martial art that is wholly focused on using an opponents strength against them. He is also extensively trained in Taoism and meditation, which means in a combat situation he knows how to stay calm in a bad situation. His pole arm technique is second to none in China.

He is also a master of ambushes, which he only tries to use against opponents with a focus on ranged weapons. If his opponent is using a melee weapon, he will honorably go out and dual. The only exception to this rule is when someone threatens his family or his emperor, where he will attempt to kill them with everything he has.

English level: Fluent
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:57:49 am by Portals »

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
  • One, who prefer to be Comrade that Human Resource
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 01:05:32 pm »
Welcome in the arena Portals! I haven't expected anyone from ancient China, it seems we're going to have very interesting mix of characters.

As Stark99 was unfortunately banned from this forum, we've also lost one player. What's more, almost a week have passed since The J announced he want to take part in this game. I believe the waiting time is over, and this evening we'll definitely start the game, with him or without. So if anyone's interested, he have few more hours to create character. If no one shows up, I'll join to make even number of player.

There is a story that scientists built an inteligent computer.
The first question they asked it was "Is there a God?"
The computer replied "There is now."
And the bolt of lightning struck the plug,
So it couldn't be turned off.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 01:28:14 pm »
So I guess I gotta remake one?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 01:37:35 pm »
Name: Don Bonleone
Appearence: Suit, eyepatch, bowler hat
History: Eyepatch gotten from an unknown fight. Rumored to have been in Mafia at some point.
Equipment: Revolver (cant jam ;)), sabre
Skills: Deadeyed (literally), heightened senses on right ear to make up for eye, adept with the sabre.
English level: Fluently fluent

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors' matters [Off Topic]
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2016, 10:31:40 pm »
Soo... It's late evening already, but as I've promised, we're starting our duels right now. Because no one appeared who would fulfill game's rules I'll join myself.

Name: Thorstein Höskuldsson
Appearance: Thorstein is tall and in good shape. He has broad shoulders and muscled arms. His face is pleasant to behold, but none would call him extremely handsome. His long, fair and a bit curly hair he often braids or binds with several silver bands. His beard is shaved on the sides, but moustache and hair on his chin is braided together.
History: Born around middle of 10th century somewhere in western Norway as son of Höskuld, who was wealthy enough to have own longship with thirty men. When he was teenager he took part in several of his father's raids in England and on Baltic Sea. There he learned how to fight in a shieldwall, use bow and throwing spear, but also how to trade and deal with foreigners. In England he received prima signatio in spite of being invader there. In consequence their relations with king Haakon Sigurdsson get worse and after battle of Hjörungavágr he banished Thorstein as potential enemy. Höskuld already died few years before the battle.
Thorstein left Norway and on the longship inherited from his father he sailed east to Kievan Ruś. There he joined prince Vladimir's druzhina. Thorstein quickly gained prince's friendship and in  988 he baptised and became follower of Eastern Orthodox Church. After those events he was ordered to take part in putting down rebels in Byzantine Empire. There he visited Constantinople and became even more devoted Christian. When rebel have ended he returned to Novgorod to serve prince Vladimir and spread new religion amongst pagan citizen of Ruś
Equipment: Spear and round shield are most favored by Thorstein. Sometimes he also uses axe with short haft and long curved beard. When everything else fails, he uses small sax knife with hilt made of horn.
Skills: Well trained in shieldwall fighting style, as experienced mariner he can easily keep balance and stay in place even when attacked by stronger enemy. He have seen quite big part of world, so it's difficult to surprise him with anything new.
English level: Communicative

Now there are four player, it makes two pairs. Pair will be chosen randomly, as well as person who enters the arena as the first one.
I'll create Game Thread in a moment, where all duelists can post their actions. I want to remind you, that GM will in no way affect you actions, everything you post happens immediately. Because of that you don't have to wait for any kind of confirmation of your actions and can post right after your opponent.

This thread will remain open and will serve as Off Topic Thread for now. If you have any questions feel free to ask in this topic, via PM or Steam.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:04:55 pm by Raddeo »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
Re: Warriors' Matters [Off Topic]
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2016, 07:20:42 am »
Gonna see how this game progresses and I'll consider signing up later.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2016, 08:12:13 pm »
Windflower, if there are enough players we will for sure start another series of duels after this one, so probably you'll have a chance to join then if you want to ;)

And quick info (or rather request) for all players - please, add information about your duel (who is fighting who and number of your post) at the beginning of your each post in the same way I did in mine. It will make it easier to see when duels should end. I forgot to ask you to do that in my previous post.

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorWarbandHD
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 09:24:14 am »
I am still waiting, fam.
The Dankest of Memes, start in the simplest of words. Wombo combo.

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 06:33:02 pm »
Yes, I know. But don't be too hasty my friend, there are also other thing I have to do (you know, real life and other bollocks like that ;) ). And I also wanted to slow down a bit, to wait for Portals to start second duel.

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors' Matters [Reservations Open!]
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2016, 08:28:22 pm »
I've talked with Portals and unfortunately he won't take part in our game. It means that Mighty McLovin vs Portals duel can't be played. Also Mighty McLovin decided that he won't claim a victory by walkover to pass to second round without fighting in the first one. So the only valid duel in the first season of fights is one between me and DoctorWarband. We will play it to the end and its winner will be announced to be winner of whole first season.

It leads to the conclusion that the end of first season of Warriors' Matters is near. So it's time to open recruitment for second season, which I hope will gather more players and will last much longer. Our fight in Game Topic may be considered to be example of how this game works and what players can do. Anyone who want to try his imagination, writing skill and roleplaying ability is welcomed to join the game.

Reservations Open

To join the game just fill this form and post it in this topic. Remember, that there are no any statistics in this game. All informations from this form are there only to let your enemy know who he is fighting against, what he can expect and how he can interact with your character. It's also a sample of your writing skills so please take some time to make your application complex and interesting.

Name:
Appearance:
History:
Equipment:
Skills:
English level:

In the last field please describe your English level, not of your character. It is there for GameMaster to make it easier to pair players. Just let me know if your English is on basic, intermediate, communicative, fluent or native level.

Those who have already posted their application and wants to re-use it in next season of game should just post information about it, possibly with link to his application, there's no need to copy whole application again.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:38:27 pm by Raddeo »

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Warriors' Matters [Reservations Open!] [Off Topic]
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2016, 08:32:41 pm »
Name: Jean-Baptiste de Villiers

Appearance: A youthful man, in his early twenties, skinny cheeks. Brown eyes, a big nose. His hair on his head was ginger, reasonably sized, and forms a huge beard on his face.

History: He was born in 1785, in a small village in Southern France to a veteran dad, who served during the Seven Years' War where he lost his leg, and a farmer woman. He had two elder brothers and three younger brothers and another two younger sisters. He joined the French Army in 1803, the same year of the crowning of Napoleon, into the 15th Infantry Regiment. It was during the Third Coalition, and Jean-Baptiste fought valiantly at the famous battles of Ulm and Austerlitz, right the way through until the end of the year, where he was promoted into the grenadier company of the regiment in 1806.

When peace was made, Jean-Baptiste returned to his home village for a few months before the war broke out. During the campaign, he helped with labour: broke in gates, chopped gaps in palisades, built small bridges or destroyed them, broke garden walls and created loopholes. He might as well have been a sapper, and he was, when he was promoted in 1807. He served as a sapper in the devastating defeat for the Prussians at Jena-Auerstedt and was overjoyed when peace was made.

Equipment: An axe, stick of dynamite, an antique flintlock pistol found off a dead Prussian

Skills:: Fierce warcry, very strong and heavy

English level: I am fluent in English.