Author Topic: What scandal happened in 2014 August?  (Read 10424 times)

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What scandal happened in 2014 August?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 11:11:14 pm »
Everyone calm down.

A thread broke forum policy. That thread was removed. Whoop-de-doo, happens every day.

If you want to continue discussing this then you may, however the next person I see getting pissy at other forum users will be getting a mute. The vast majority of you are not children, and it's time you stopped acting like it.
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 11:14:59 pm »
In a nutshell, 60th Rifles thread had a lot of pages (forgot the number, something past 1000) and the forums computer CPU couldn't handle it so FSE did what was logical, which was to take down the thread (or at least delete most of it). However, they did not inform the 60th of this and simply locked it with the term along the lines of "locked so we can clean this up". Now, it wouldn't be FSE if drama didn't follow so what happened was that the community (mostly 60th, and a few others) began to hold a massive spam fest which included massive insults of admins such as Malakith and FSE itself that ended up with many people getting banned, muted, warned, and dealt with. This also brought up the question of how fair the admins were, why did they do this without telling us, etc. As a result, McEwan posted that to try and see how the community felt about itself and how he felt about them seeing as he is by far the most experienced and most fair admin and his opinion is generally acknowledged by others (being dead serious).

Hope this helps  ;)
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 11:20:42 pm »
Weirdly enough it wasn't actually a majority of 60th members posting the spam. Some were involved for sure but most were other people.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 01:03:18 am »
 I King Kaide is posting this on behalf of Peter. The leader & creator of the 60th.

I can confirm no 60th members took part in the spam fest that went on the forums. The thread might still be in archive so any of the posts should still be there. The only ones that were muted/banned was Sven and Jelly. That was due to Sven and Jelly posting something prior to the whole shit storm which made the mods come along and delete the thread in the first place. The only reason why people reacted was probably due to the little taunt Malakith added on our new thread. It was something along the lines of "Enjoy your new shiny thread" or something like that. Also what has angered me the most is that Vince made a post saying that threads will be capped to X number of pages, yet ours seems to be the only one that he has taken action on.  Here is the post https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=18586.msg776961#msg776961

Ps. Peter.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:43:59 pm by sirkaide »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 01:10:42 am »
I King Kaide is posting this on behalf of Peter. The leader & creator of the 60th.

I can confirm no 60th members took part in the spam fest that went on the forums. The thread might still be in archive so any of the posts should still be there. The only ones that were muted/banned was Sven and Jelly. That was due to Sven and Jelly posting something prior to the whole shit storm which made the mods come along and delete the thread in the first place. The only reason why people reacted was probably due to the little taunt Malakith added on our new thread. It was something along the lines of "Enjoy your new shiny thread" or something like that. Also what has angered me the most is that Vince made a post saying that threads will be capped to X number of pages, yet ours seems to be the only one that he has taken action on. (Malakith cant spread" Here is the post https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=18586.msg776961#msg776961

Ps. Peter.

I'm pretty sure Stark, Jelly & Hersihey are the ones who got banned.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 01:15:12 am »
Herishey and Stark aren't and I don't think ever were in the 60th.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 10:18:56 pm »
Everyone calm down.

A thread broke forum policy. That thread was removed. Whoop-de-doo, happens every day.

If you want to continue discussing this then you may, however the next person I see getting pissy at other forum users will be getting a mute. The vast majority of you are not children, and it's time you stopped acting like it.

U guys said we would get our 1000 pages back after you cleaned it, nice to see promises broken  :'(

I can confirm no 60th members took part in the spam fest that went on the forums. The thread might still be in archive so any of the posts should still be there. The only ones that were muted/banned was Sven and Jelly. That was due to Sven and Jelly posting something prior to the whole shit storm which made the mods come along and delete the thread in the first place. The only reason why people reacted was probably due to the little taunt Malakith added on our new thread. It was something along the lines of "Enjoy your new shiny thread" or something like that. Also what has angered me the most is that Vince made a post saying that threads will be capped to X number of pages, yet ours seems to be the only one that he has taken action on. (Malakith cant spread" Here is the post https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=18586.msg776961#msg776961

Ps. Peter.

I'm pretty sure Stark, Jelly & Hersihey are the ones who got banned.

Herishey and Stark are not in the 60th, what they and the other people who got banned did was of their own accord, not of ours.

Jelly was 100% muted like myself during the spamming, so how would he have spammed? He got banned for an inappropriate signature that he had up for a couple seconds nonetheless.

Also since nobody seems to actually understand what happened, this is it from my perspective so we can put a rest to this.

Diplex came to the 60th thread and had a chat, he didn't take kindly to one of my banter posts about his gifs and reported my post. Malakith comes to the thread and starts deleting posts. Me and jelly post on the thread referring to malakith by his actual name, which apparently angered him in some way, so he muted the both of us and locked, and later removed the thread. Later on he reposts the 60th OP with a slightly provocative post saying 'enjoy your shiny new thread', which is quite annoying considering the amount of time we eventually spent on creating the forums largest thread by posts and views.

Obviously, in one way or another, some people felt we were wronged, or just used the opportunity to deal with whatever personal gripes they had with malakith/fse, or just posting for funsies. Either way, within and hour or two there were twenty pages on the new thread with a bunch of comical/sick/offensive picture/gifs/posts about malakith and fse which got the thread deleted once again, and several people banned/muted/warned.

All the meanwhile we were having great fun in the K-KA teamspeak looking at what was unfolding. And then made a pretty funny video about it all, which i will avoid linking incase someone gets pissy about it, but if you want to see it just go to the youtube channel caled JimbobJenkinz.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 10:21:55 pm »
It was the one of those rare times when the community comes together, we had about 70+ people in their ts.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 10:23:14 pm »
It was the one of those rare times when the community comes together, we had about 70+ people in their ts.

It was quite amusing yes, even though what happened is showed in a bad light, i don't think many can claim it wasn't funny.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 11:29:30 pm »
Wait wait, YOU GUYS got that email too?

I...I felt so important.... :'(

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 02:59:38 am »
I keep getting deja vu everytime I visit this forum, its quite amusing.

Offline lindblom

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lindblom
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 03:49:45 pm »
Now when the people have answered the topic I would suggest that a moderator lock the thread as this conflict has already been resolved, no point in continued argumentation a month afterwards. It is in fact getting tiresome to hear the same old whine about certain members being banned and about people getting warned. Follow the forum rules and the FSE policy and you will not have any issue whatsoever. You are guests on the forums and you are expected to follow the rules and policy that has been set by the FSE. And laws are applied on the internet as well despite belief.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 09:21:21 pm »
No need to lock it as long as it stays like this; calm discussion.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2014, 11:29:34 pm »
And laws are applied on the internet as well despite belief.
Depends on which ones. The wheels of Justice, sadly, turn slowly.

Btw I was so sad to miss this escalation, I can imagine it was incredible to just watch the spam flood in, and warning points being fired out left and right... :/
My favourite was the fact that, during this whole clusterfuck crisis, someone (accidentally, I hope) banned me str8 up, no warning. It has been a month since I asked the mods why I was banned (and then unbanned) that night, and still, no response. Oh, well..
<3